xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cable Channel Blocking  (Read 264 times)

buttface96

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« on: December 05, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

hey guys,

Now that i got a tv in my room, i hooked up the atena and get channel 3 pretty well. but now i need to fight for a cable connection. I talked to my dad about wireing a ethernet cable for my pc to the router (Our wireless G stuff sucks ass) and along with the ethernet, a cable connection, and thats where the trouble is. We have like 200 channels, and theres like 1 or 2 that have pr0n. They can only lock it on the tv with the cable box (which is in the living room), and all of the other tv's without the cable box, have those few channels. Anyway They would like to get rid of some channels like that, but that would take too long, so they just lock it. But if i was to get a acable connection in my room, it would have those 2 channels, and thats why my parents are saying no. So here's my question, is there anyway I can setup a device on the cable connection going into a room, to where is can block those channels? I'm not talking about a V chip, cuz those take out more than those channels., unless u can set a v chip to only block those channels and nothing more. Anyway help me out guys, thanks.  :beer:

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 05:19:00 PM »

Well alot of times you can manully subtract a channel using the remote. Then if you got a new remote that didnt have the menu button you wouldnt be able to add the channel again.

buttface96

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

yea, but the guide or menu that displays all of the channels is only on the tv with the cable box.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »

Most TVs have a built in menu even if there is no cable box, and in it you can add or subtract a chanel.

buttface96

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

hmm i dont think that will work, my parents want those channels permanetly banished from my cable connection, since i can easy re add those channels (even though i won't) its just they want it to where its permanetly gone.

enderandrew

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 08:55:00 PM »

Can you even get all 200 channels without a cable box?

sulfur

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »

you need to call your cable company and tell them to block them for you, they can connect to your cable box and block that channel(s) at that one box or all boxes. give them a call.

enderandrew

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »

Most TVs can't handle 200 channels without a cable box.

And, if those are digital cable channels, you won't get them without a box.  I know with Cox, rooms that don't have the digital cable box only get channels 1-70.

Problem solved.

Raver758

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (sulfur @ Dec 6 2004, 07:31 AM)
you need to call your cable company and tell them to block them for you, they can connect to your cable box and block that channel(s) at that one box or all boxes. give them a call.

right on the money. Cable providers can do it now..

gcskate27

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »

isnt internet access roughly 10000000x worse than cable channels anyway?

enderandrew

• Archived User
Cable Channel Blocking
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »

TV doesn't show the Transgendered Scottish Midget action that I'm into.