xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rounders?  (Read 302 times)

Glass Bottle

• Archived User
Rounders?
« on: December 03, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

I realize that this is an older movie, but is it worth buying?

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

If your a poker addict like I am it is worth buying.

I try to watch it a few times a month.

The special edition DVD is nice as well

gcskate27

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

def a good movie, but its up to you if you like it enough to buy... ever seen it?

sulfur

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

$13.88 at walmart.

Glass Bottle

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

Thank you for all the replies

I am a poker addict, no I have not seen it, and Walmart always does have the best prices.

I guess I should go pick it up then

enderandrew

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

They just released a new special edition of Rounders.  The older version of the DVD isn't worth as much now, but it's a rather good movie.

Anything with Ed Norton in it is worth watching.

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbox beat box @ Dec 7 2004, 08:30 PM)
(IMG:http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002DRDB4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)

Just saw the special edition today. I have the original one, but think I need the new one. I really like that movie.

enderandrew

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 08:46:00 PM »

I dug it quite a bit.

It has Famke Jansen, one of Hollywood's hottest actresses.  How is she relatively unknown after the big roles that she has had?

It has Matt Damon, who I dig.

It had Ed Norton, whom I love.  He's a great actor.

It has John Malkovich and John Turturro.  When Martin Landeau is taking back stage to the rest of the cast, that's saying something.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

JohnTutorro is anazing in it. As is Malkovich. My fave John M. role

enderandrew

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »

My only problem with the film is that Worm is a jerk from the beginning.  How did he con anyone?  How did he convince anyone that he's a decent human being?

He doesn't care about anyone in the universe.  How did Mike think this guy was worth sticking up for?  Supposedly he didn't rat Mike out, but everything we see about Worm is the ability to sell people out at every single opportunity.

Ed Norton can pull a subtle shift as an actor.  Worm should have appeared decent, only to sell out Mike in a moment of weakness (to protect his own ass).

When I rewatch the movie, I find it hard to accept the same character who can read people with absolute ease and perfection hanging out with a good mentor (in Turturro) and having Worm as his friend at the same time.

Mike is good natured, but not that stupid.

And after your woman who doesn't understand you or care about your feelings leaves you without even talking to you, how do you turn down a woman who knows you and cares about you (and looks like Famke Jansen)?

Still, a good movie.  I've just watched it too much.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »

well we dont know what he was like before prison... mike would want to think the best of him in any case but if he was trustworthy before prison, mike would want him to do well on the outside even more so for the fact that he didnt rat him out (and he probably felt guilty)... that would mean giving him some leeway as he just got out...

Ed Norton can pull a subtle shift as an actor. Worm should have appeared decent, only to sell out Mike in a moment of weakness (to protect his own ass).

i dont think the character was like that though... he wasnt mean spirited and he liked mike... even if he used him a bit to help with his debt...

And after your woman who doesn't understand you or care about your feelings leaves you without even talking to you, how do you turn down a woman who knows you and cares about you (and looks like Famke Jansen)?

i never really got this either and i blame it on the actress (and possibly editors/writers)... im sure shed be pissed at him playing cards after the huge lose he took but we never see her happy with him and it never comes across really... plus his fellow students are dicks...

G0rd0z1||a

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

This is definately a good movie.  And for a poker player its a great movie... unless all your friends think they ARE Mike  :P

Still a good buy...

enderandrew

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Dec 13 2004, 10:00 AM)
i never really got this either and i blame it on the actress (and possibly editors/writers)... im sure shed be pissed at him playing cards after the huge lose he took but we never see her happy with him and it never comes across really... plus his fellow students are dicks...

Matty Damon is in love with Ben Affleck.  You see Ben Affleck with Gwenyth Paltrow, J-Lo, and Jennifer Garner.  But do you ever see Damon with a chick?  No, he's too busy doing the Talented Mr. Ripley, and pining over his best friend from Boston.

Poor, poor, Matty.  Your love is unrequited.  Then again, Ben did kiss a dude in Chasing Amy.  Maybe Damon's got a shot.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
Rounders?
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

Matty Damon is in love with Ben Affleck. You see Ben Affleck with Gwenyth Paltrow, J-Lo, and Jennifer Garner. But do you ever see Damon with a chick? No, he's too busy doing the Talented Mr. Ripley, and pining over his best friend from Boston.

Poor, poor, Matty. Your love is unrequited. Then again, Ben did kiss a dude in Chasing Amy. Maybe Damon's got a shot.

:lol:
Matt Damon is a homo, lol

Dude If I was him, I'd be dating Kate Beckinsale, Heidi Klum, Elisha Cuthbert, Keira Knightly, ANY hollywood hottie I could get my hands on.

Word.