xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "advanced" Halo Editing  (Read 74 times)

pantsmaster

• Archived User
"advanced" Halo Editing
« on: November 15, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »

When I edit HALO, I generally use HALOMAPTOOLS, and I sometimes use HALO Weapon Editor, and Cartographer. I can do some cool stuff, but nothing really all that spectacular. I want to know how to do things like drive the warthog while shooting the turret at the same time, place turrets, vehicles, weapons, etc. in places they normally aren't, make grenades bouncy, that fort thing like in fort of death, make texture replacments that actually work right and aren't gay, and anything else you can think of that I didn't mention here. I already know how to replace some things, like projectiles for example. But I only know how to replace them with other projectiles. I know that you can replace grenades for example, with say, warthogs, but I don't know how to do it. I also don't know how to make MC invincible, or how to make the covenant tougher, or anything else like that. How do you do this stuff? Am I just not using the right program, or can these things actually be done with HALO MAP TOOLS? I want to start making mods that are actually fun for more than 15 minutes, and in order to do that I need to know how to do more things than I can right now.

Gibby 117

• Archived User
"advanced" Halo Editing
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 07:21:00 AM »

its not a simple line of hex coding for stuff like drive by shooting. Its line of hex.... complex crap...just use the patchs.

343GuiltySparkIVIX

• Archived User
"advanced" Halo Editing
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »

Im interested in getting a permanent active camo in single.

Gibby 117

• Archived User
"advanced" Halo Editing
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 09:30:00 AM »

i would say find a lvl with invsable eliitles, and look at there code.... cause it got to be somewhere in there then apllly it to your mc .

pantsmaster

• Archived User
"advanced" Halo Editing
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 07:09:00 PM »

Okay, I do use the patches, but I can only find them for the multiplayer levels, which isn't what I want them for.