xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Half-life 2 Editing Resurrection  (Read 721 times)

ash_link

• Archived User
Half-life 2 Editing Resurrection
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »

Hello, you might know me from the past posts of my optimism words. I had went away to do/help some projects of mine that I would be concerned about. I am done and I am making a website, that should serve as a resource for all HL2 XBOX Hacking. Notice, I am giving away bandwidth for these files to exist once more. I also have Lynx Beta6 (Sadly not beta8) up for download. If anyone has Beta8, reach me on aim: aero850.

This site will expand more and more and look prettier as it grows. I plan to add Mods, Hacks, Programs and other edited material. My goal is to crack open Half-life 2 where we can edit the textures and models that were made for the xbox format and to hopefully enhance the experience of it all. No, we cannot get a full garry's mod working but some tricks into adding props may work it out.

Otherwise, I am doing this for non-profits and nor do I seek profit, please be respectable. Otherwise, have fun and if you have any mods or gamesaves to put in e-mail me at ashloire[at]gmail.com.

HL2 Resurrection Project: http://boothbay.no-ip.org:8000/hl2/

Half_life_2_Mods_noob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »

OMFG Finally omfg thank YOU

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »

I just need someone to help me update the wiki with more pages of resources. Tackling a wiki alone is like hell. I do this all with my over-free time. The HL2 XBOX Scene is ALMOST dead, but with this wiki, I hope it will pick up soon.

I made a XZP page and I'll work on other things. Care to make a page or two?

ANY HELP IS GREAT!

Also I am in development of a new version of Lynx! I will add more of the information about the levels and anything else needed to make the program an all-in-one package to hack the great game of HL2.

EDIT: If you want to work with me on this, AIM me: aero850. MSN Me: [email protected] and even e-mail ashloire[at]gmail.com

This post has been edited by ash_link: Jun 6 2007, 03:54 AM

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »

I apologize completely for the 2 weeks or so of downtime, I crashed, hard. So I need to recreate the website by hand. It will take two seconds, yet, is anyone really interested in a wiki? I want to create the best and probably only resource for Half-life 2 XBOX hacking, even if it seems the community is slim. Reply back. I need some ideas, Wiki's suck to create and maintain IMHO.

ultrasonicsite

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »

If what I'm seeing beforer my eyes is true, than you shall become my new temporary god O.O

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »

Ok, Sorry for the EXTREME downtime, as I said in one thread:

Sorry about the VERY LARGE downtime the Half-Life 2 Modding resurrection website had... There were a crash and it affected a lot of folders, but I never checked /HL2/ but then I had gone to it a couple months later and I noticed it had corrupted. So I am making plans to resurrect the resurrection laugh.gif

So finally, I redone the wiki and I will post up links to Lynx and other mods! Got a mod to show off? I can record footage of it!

PS: The URL is the same, go ahead and check it out. Excuse me as I write pages and work on a few mods! I would hate to see this die  love.gif

geep6

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »

I think it died

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

Dammit, yeah it died again, I'll find a place where it can be up all the time. For now, I may be talking to myself though. sad.gif

grimdoomer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »

Well it looks as you could use a programmer, a good one too. I'm currently working on a program which will convert a BSP file into a workable hammer map. Then you can edit or just make a completely new level and repack. I'll also make a extractor/injector for models, sounds etc. If you have any questions hit me up on AIM xXplayerificXx

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(ash_link @ May 22 2007, 09:17 PM) View Post

Hello, you might know me from the past posts of my optimism words. I had went away to do/help some projects of mine that I would be concerned about. I am done and I am making a website, that should serve as a resource for all HL2 XBOX Hacking. Notice, I am giving away bandwidth for these files to exist once more. I also have Lynx Beta6 (Sadly not beta8) up for download. If anyone has Beta8, reach me on aim: aero850.

This site will expand more and more and look prettier as it grows. I plan to add Mods, Hacks, Programs and other edited material. My goal is to crack open Half-life 2 where we can edit the textures and models that were made for the xbox format and to hopefully enhance the experience of it all. No, we cannot get a full garry's mod working but some tricks into adding props may work it out.

Otherwise, I am doing this for non-profits and nor do I seek profit, please be respectable. Otherwise, have fun and if you have any mods or gamesaves to put in e-mail me at ashloire[at]gmail.com.

HL2 Resurrection Project: http://boothbay.no-ip.org:8000/hl2/

http://johnbasedow.s....com:8000/wiki/

new url. go.

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »

Ok we decided to go with invision free. not best but it works, Join up!

http://z4.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx