xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Half Life 2 Editor  (Read 1156 times)

Trulife8342

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« on: July 09, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

Well I dont have any pictures of the program only because its in alpha stage as of now, But Me and a fellow modder High6 both modded Halo 2 and decided that we discovered all we could in Halo so we decided to move on to a more complex game, And we were looking at all the possibilities and we saw Half Life 2, we wanted to mod a game that barely anyone touched, Now im very suprised that no one has changed any values in the maps, such as speed's projectile life distances and so on, me and High thought this would be a perfect game to mod, SOOOO with that being said im making this topic to keep you updated on "Carbon" Carbon will be the first Half Life 2 editor, It will be able to change numorous values in game, the release is still a little hazy but it should be out in a week or two, After Carbon we will be make a Dependancie swapper, This program will be merged with Carbon so its like an update, It will be able to swap projectiles from weapons, so you can shoot out diffrent stuff, you can swap the models of things and the bitmaps, So it will be an interesting Release, Ill post Daily updates, Stickie if you feel nessesary.

ash_link

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

Awesome. If you can somehow import in XZP than we can mod a crap load.

Trulife8342

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

(IMG:http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/2728/preview6zf.jpg)
(IMG:http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3761/preview20ev.jpg)

Make of what you want with these pictures I wont release any info on what it can do at the moment, Just know that High6 nor me never put anything in the previews unless we know it works thats all im saying

This post has been edited by Trulife8342: Jul 9 2006, 05:21 PM

ash_link

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

You can inject? If so, hardcore. Can't wait to see the product.

SuB-Zer0

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 05:16:00 AM »

The only interesting thing is injecting files in the xzp.

Trulife8342

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

And did you forget about all the spawning info within the .BSP file..... All you guys want is injection into .XZP yeah its going to be possible, But dont over look the .bsp files. With Carbon we are going to try and make it so you can create new levels only thing is that right now its messing up with certain parts of a custom map. But all should be fixed soon in a week or two.

SuB-Zer0

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Trulife8342 @ Jul 10 2006, 04:30 PM) View Post

And did you forget about all the spawning info within the .BSP file..... All you guys want is injection into .XZP yeah its going to be possible, But dont over look the .bsp files. With Carbon we are going to try and make it so you can create new levels only thing is that right now its messing up with certain parts of a custom map. But all should be fixed soon in a week or two.

You can already add, edit and remove entities with apps like EntSpy (http://www.fpsbanana.com/tools/277).

Trulife8342

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

And what about a spawn finder, opening up the bsp to find cords, We will eventually make a BSP veiwer this program will be a complete editor, I honestly dont see how mose of you guys pretty much over looked the bsp, Its the visual mesh, if you find what a bsp truly is its a Structual binarary seperation plane (the model of the level) so its a very important part to the game trust me......

hbrdXΣr0

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

The BSP files, except for their vrad calculations, are identical to those from the ones vbsp puts out. If you want to mess with the BSP files, you should be able to use existing tools avaliable for HL2 to mess with the maps. No offense, but if you're going to add stuff like a map viewer (which already exists, mind you) you should really just contribute to what's already out there, or make it not just dependant for the xbox version. Like everyone else has been saying, injecting is the important part. We can use existing tools with the extracted files, we just need to be able to put them back in so we can use them.

This post has been edited by hÿbrîdXΣr0: Jul 12 2006, 10:40 PM

Trulife8342

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »

Heres an alpha release for you guys
Carbon Alpha'
For some reason it filters out the site, Just go to Dimensiongamin-g.net (ignore the hyphen between n and g) and go to forums and it will be in the xbox program section

This post has been edited by Trulife8342: Jul 22 2006, 07:10 AM

ash_link

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »

Hmm, If I think what I think is true that you can edit the enitiys inside of the map, if so, can someone whip up a map with a room with 4 doors, each going to a diffrent place.

The destinations being
"introb.bsp", (Actual game of HL2)
"garrys.bsp", (Garry's Costruct map)
"wonderland.bsp", (Alice in wonderland, after what I do to some ents)
and "HL2XBT.bsp", (Map with the XBOX Modding team!)

Kalamadea

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(ash_link @ Jul 23 2006, 06:28 AM) *

Hmm, If I think what I think is true that you can edit the enitiys inside of the map, if so, can someone whip up a map with a room with 4 doors, each going to a diffrent place.

The destinations being
"introb.bsp", (Actual game of HL2)
"garrys.bsp", (Garry's Costruct map)
"wonderland.bsp", (Alice in wonderland, after what I do to some ents)
and "HL2XBT.bsp", (Map with the XBOX Modding team!)

Is there actually a Garrys.bsp being made?

ash_link

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kalamadea @ Jul 31 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

Is there actually a Garrys.bsp being made?

No I mean gm_construct.bsp

Garry's mod regular map.

sunker

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

this is sweet biggrin.gif

entens

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Editor
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

ok, my life has chilled out a tiny bit, but my hdd in my xbox is failing  grr.gif

expect a non tested construct map later tonight.

im making things for:

introb.bsp (what your intro.bsp should be backed up as)
gm_construct.bsp (Garry's mod construct, should it ever work.)
testbed.bsp (for testing stuff)
hl2xboxteam.bsp (hl2xbox hackers credits list.)
wonderland.bsp (just for ash_link)

suggestions welcome.

when i post the bsp ill also post the vmf.
Pages: [1] 2