xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Half Life 2 Mod Discussion  (Read 1164 times)

TwigFigure

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Mod Discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

Anyway to better the framerate a bit? Like..decreasing the LOD or something?

SuB-Zer0

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »

Okay I made 2nd copy of HL² for map testing and im surprised (and happy) that pc maps works on our xbox version. There are some problems like wrong or missing textures and all maps have no lighting. In the moment im searching simple test maps for water etc.

Oh and I found another guy who works on HL² but im waiting for a update (he doesnt know how to open xzp files).

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Us...L2_Xbox_Project

I found it interesting that the xbox version has this .cfg file:

CODE
unbindall
bind "UP" "slot1"
bind "DOWN" "slot3"
bind "LEFT" "slot4"
bind "RIGHT" "slot2"
bind "STICK1" "+duck"
bind "STICK2" "toggle_zoom"
bind "A" "+jump"
bind "B" "+reload"
bind "X" "+speed"
bind "Y" "+use"
bind "BLACK" "impulse 50"
bind "WHITE" "impulse 100"
bind "L TRIGGER" "+attack2"
bind "R TRIGGER" "+attack"
bind "S1_UP" "xmove"
x_mapnum "0"
r_gamma "0.5"
snd_musicvolume "0.9"
volume "1.0"
skill "1"
closecaption "0"
sv_unlockedchapters "2"
cl_rumblescale "1.0"
sk_allow_autoaim "1"
cc_subtitles "0"
xc_pitchsensitivity "-1.000000"
xc_yawsensitivity "1.3"
xc_southpaw "0"
hud_fastswitch "0"

I hope someone has sucess at xzp files so we can try to run mods like garrys mod.
It must be possible to replace a bind with the spawnmenu from g mod or ?

edit: this cfg can be very useful to activate cheats or deactivate graphic effects like bumpmapping and normalmaps for a better framerate

If someone wanna test it here are all cmds:
http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Cat...onsole_Commands

This post has been edited by SuB-Zer0: Mar 1 2006, 06:14 PM

entens

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

ok the forum format is sucking with all the info we are getting so i set up a wiki.

www.entens.net/wiki

its sucks right now cause it just was installed not more than 5 min ago but we can add content as we go.

to add content, enter the term you want to add in the search box and then when it says no content found, hit edit, type or paste the content, and save changes.

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(SuB-Zer0 @ Mar 1 2006, 05:31 PM) *

Okay I made 2nd copy of HL² for map testing and im surprised (and happy) that pc maps works on our xbox version. There are some problems like wrong or missing textures and all maps have no lighting. In the moment im searching simple test maps for water etc.

Oh and I found another guy who works on HL² but im waiting for a update (he doesnt know how to open xzp files).

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Us...L2_Xbox_Project
I found it interesting that the xbox version has this .cfg file:

CODE
unbindall
bind "UP" "slot1"
bind "DOWN" "slot3"
bind "LEFT" "slot4"
bind "RIGHT" "slot2"
bind "STICK1" "+duck"
bind "STICK2" "toggle_zoom"
bind "A" "+jump"
bind "B" "+reload"
bind "X" "+speed"
bind "Y" "+use"
bind "S1_UP" "xmove"
x_mapnum "0"
r_gamma "0.5"
snd_musicvolume "0.9"
volume "1.0"
skill "1"
closecaption "0"
sv_unlockedchapters "2"
cl_rumblescale "1.0"
sk_allow_autoaim "1"
cc_subtitles "0"
xc_yawsensitivity "1.3"
xc_southpaw "0"
hud_fastswitch "0"

I hope someone has sucess at xzp files so we can try to run mods like garrys mod.
It must be possible to replace a bind with the spawnmenu from g mod or ?

edit: this cfg can be very useful to activate cheats or deactivate graphic effects like bumpmapping and normalmaps for a better framerate

If someone wanna test it here are all cmds:
http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Cat...onsole_Commands

I spent my last year working with Half-life and console commands, so Im on it. Where is config.cfg file? Don't worry i'll find it. Holy hell! This config file is the begining of what I am going to do! HAHAHAHAHAhA! Check back for updates on my siutation, after I'm done you can do everything GFX, Gameplay and Not-Intended-In-Game wise.

oh yeah by the way, when you run HL2X, xzp files are in your cache folder.

This post has been edited by ash_link: Mar 3 2006, 07:29 PM

hbrdXΣr0

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

Hey, this is AndrewNeo from the VDC. I haven't done a lot of work with it because I learned that when Valve released something they changed the toolset back and disabled the xbox compiling. If anyone has the binaries from back then that'd be excellent.

Two things from reading the thread:
I have no idea how XZP files work. I checked the Free60 wiki, they don't have the same header as anything listen on there.
And you will NOT (hear me: NOT) be able to run a mod. I can tell you this from both an engine and logic standpoint (I need to put this on my project page on the wiki): On the PC, the game really consists of two DLLs: Client and server. Both of these DLLs are what make the mod. The XBOX version does not have these DLLs, instead of running client/server method like on the PC, it runs all in one package, which is compiled together. Without the real source (not the Source SDK on the PC, but the Source Engine for Xbox that would come with a license and NDA), there will be no mods for HL2 on the xbox.
You (as we can already see) can put custom maps on there (except the lightmaps are different, it's that special binary of VVIS that we need to compile it), and from the config file we might be able to do other things with console commands since we don't have a console.

That's all I know. I'll update my project page on the wiki with this info.

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »

Now the question is what is the sure fire way to make the game create the xboxuser.cfg? You can't force it (by creating the directory and slapping a xboxuser.cfg in there)

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »

Nevermind, I was looking at the cache folders, it's in TDATA\45410091 for me. I'll get cracking into making that cfg, so far I have

CODE
unbindall
//
//HL2 Cheat CFG v1.0
//by Ash_link
//Thanks to XBOX-Scene
//Less then 3
//===
//HOW TO USE:
//Press what was the zoom button (right analog stick) for Cheat Mode.
//
bind "UP" "slot1"
bind "DOWN" "slot3"
bind "LEFT" "slot4"
bind "RIGHT" "slot2"
bind "STICK1" "+duck"
bind "STICK2" "letscheat"
bind "A" "+jump"
bind "B" "+reload"
bind "X" "+speed"
bind "Y" "+use"
bind "S1_UP" "xmove"
x_mapnum "0"
r_gamma "0.5"
snd_musicvolume "0.9"
volume "1.0"
skill "1"
closecaption "0"
sv_unlockedchapters "18"
cl_rumblescale "1.0"
sk_allow_autoaim "1"
cc_subtitles "0"
xc_yawsensitivity "1.3"
xc_southpaw "0"
sv_cheats "1"
hud_fastswitch "0"
alias "letscheat" "sv_cheats 1;impulse 101;god;noclip;notarget"

Dammit, everytime I try to edit the CFG file it says "Curropted" and doesnt read it.

This post has been edited by ash_link: Mar 3 2006, 09:38 PM

hbrdXΣr0

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

On the XZP files:
I know there are people on the forums that are good at this kind of stuff, even though they might not be the ones reading this thread. We need to find someone who can reverse-engineer the XZP files. I've looked at it in a hex editor and I can tell you it is not the same as the ones on the Free60 wiki.

turk645

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »

i've known about this cfg file for a while but havent tried anything on it yet, mostly because i havent been on the computer lately to try it, but this file may help us if we can get it to work at all. my guess is that there is more to the file then we think.

ash_link

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »

Damn you, Valve!

SuB-Zer0

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2006, 07:12:00 AM »

@ash_link
The cfg file is located in your savegame folder

E:\TDATA\45410091\

And AndrewNeo has updated his Site (with bad news (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ) !

Playing with Mods

I'm going to say this right off the bat, because I've seen it pop up all over. People think they'll be able to play Garry's Mod on the Xbox. I had my suspicions before playing, and now seeing the layout of the content on the disk and hard drive, I can say for sure that it will be next to impossible to run a mod on the Xbox version of Half-Life 2. I have two primary reasons for this.

1.On the PC the Source engine (and even Goldsrc) uses the client/server method to run the real games or mods. The Xbox version uses one XBE to run the game, so even if the client/server method exists, the only way to run a mod would be to recompile the source, which would require the original (illegally) from Valve.

2.Even if you had it, the original mod author would have to take the work to get their mod working properly on the xbox. This would require the XDK (illegal), the original source code for HL2 on the Xbox (illegal) and a modded xbox or a Xbox dev kit. Releasing the source or binary with these methods would probably get Valve to take you to court. While the XDK can be found illegally on the internet, we all know what happened the last time HL2 source code was stolen.

Any help would really be appreciated, feel free to contact me, primarily through e-mail or instant messangers. I'll join in forum threads, or an IRC channel if you can get enough people together.

Lets contact him so we can work together on it !

An own Half-Life ² Section would make this here easier.

**Email address removed by request**

This post has been edited by Xombe: Mar 8 2006, 09:56 AM

hbrdXΣr0

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

Do you people pay any attention? Or do I need to put in my wiki page 'I am hÿbrîdŽ€r0'? (I spelled my forum name wrong -.-)
And Sub_Zero, please remove my email address from your post, it's going to be picked up by spambots.. ash_link got ahold of me yesterday afternoon.

SuB-Zer0

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(hÿbrîdXΣr0 @ Mar 4 2006, 04:55 PM) *

Do you people pay any attention? Or do I need to put in my wiki page 'I am hÿbrîdŽ€r0'? (I spelled my forum name wrong -.-)
And Sub_Zero, please remove my email address from your post, it's going to be picked up by spambots.. ash_link got ahold of me yesterday afternoon.

Oh big sorry i dont know that you are Andrew  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
I dont look at your gamercard.
I remove your email adress now

edit:damn there is a time limit to edit your own posts :/

This post has been edited by SuB-Zer0: Mar 4 2006, 05:37 PM

turk645

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

i think the junk on the bottom of the cfg file might be a signiture. ill check to see how much it changes when i mess with other control settings.

hbrdXΣr0

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(turk645 @ Mar 4 2006, 11:12 AM) View Post

i think the junk on the bottom of the cfg file might be a signiture. ill check to see how much it changes when i mess with other control settings.

I think I forgot to post this on my wiki page. I believe it's a checksum.. ash_link said something about his file reading invalid after editing it, but it may have been the way he did it too.
I'd be interested to see if the 'map' command works, that way we wouldn't have to overwrite existing maps...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4