xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Half Life 2 Mod Discussion  (Read 1165 times)

Infinite_Matrix

• Archived User
Half Life 2 Mod Discussion
« on: February 08, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

Well since I see that there are more people interested and I am the only one actually working on anything..... I've decided to make a topic for it. Now I have been hex editing this games map files and I see that there are MANY things that can be altered...I've even seen a spot for a compatibility tag! For those of you who would like to help me in convereting this game to work with PC then PM me and add me on msn:[email protected]
---------------------------------
As of now the only things I have done are:
-Edited the lights size and colors
-edited almost every object's health, physics, damage ratio's, and some other tags that make them what they are(object swapping, open/closed etc..)
-edited walls, objects and many other things colors.
---------------------------------
Now for some of you who are really interested then I am the person to look to for this game right now. If someone could let me get a sub-domain for a site or would host a site for me then please pm me about it since I am working on it obviously!

update:
-I can move walls around! I have a feeling this calls for a new map >:]

This post has been edited by Infinite_Matrix: Feb 8 2006, 10:20 PM

bigrk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »

props

Infinite_Matrix

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

Update:
-Editing the walls and placing them in other places is extremely hard to do (ex.maps/d2_coast_01/brick/brickwall034b_-12352_-7488_1088.) Now what's that gonna do, and where to find it when edited?, lol
-The Xored Half Life 2 +13 trainer will change or make some color changes not show up or will swap them with other things which is bad.
-I can swap objects now, but you need to have the name of the other object to replace it with and also possibly have it be the same text length so it doesnt freeze up as otfen.

This post has been edited by Infinite_Matrix: Feb 9 2006, 11:28 PM

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Infinite_Matrix @ Feb 9 2006, 03:58 PM) *

Update:
-Editing the walls and placing them in other places is extremely hard to do (ex.maps/d2_coast_01/brick/brickwall034b_-12352_-7488_1088.) Now what's that gonna do, and where to find it when edited?, lol
-The Xored Half Life 2 +13 trainer will change or make some color changes not show up or will swap them with other things which is bad.
-I can swap objects now, but you need to have the name of the other object to replace it with and also possibly have it be the same text length so it doesnt freeze up as otfen.

Cool i'm glad your experimenting and figuring stuff out nice work.

punge

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(law56ker @ Feb 10 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post

Cool i'm glad your experimenting and figuring stuff out nice work.

Yeah man, good job, keep it up! ! !

potman09

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

nice, man. it'd be hot if half life 2 xbox's able to load pc mods, like garry mod.

turk645

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

nice job so far, if you could explain a little better where you are finding this stuff and better explain on how you are doing this i might try to help the best i can.

Infinite_Matrix

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(turk645 @ Feb 11 2006, 03:11 PM) *

nice job so far, if you could explain a little better where you are finding this stuff and better explain on how you are doing this i might try to help the best i can.

Sure, I'll give ya the offsets after I find time to post it.

Also for this thing to go a bit quicker and just so if I'm not here or something I would like some volunteers to go and experiment and test more things with it, PM me if youre willing.

This post has been edited by Infinite_Matrix: Feb 12 2006, 07:16 AM

punge

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Infinite_Matrix @ Feb 12 2006, 06:47 AM) *

Sure, I'll give ya the offsets after I find time to post it.

Also for this thing to go a bit quicker and just so if I'm not here or something I would like some volunteers to go and experiment and test more things with it, PM me if youre willing.

Pm'd!

turk645

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

Right now im trying to get a hold of Lampo, the one who made the HL2 trainer, and see if he can tell me a little of what he did because if i can get a few comands to work it should help with things. That and when i get the time ill see what i can possably do about making a rough grid of the coordinate info for some of the .bsps.

Infinite_Matrix

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(turk645 @ Feb 13 2006, 06:37 PM) View Post

Right now im trying to get a hold of Lampo, the one who made the HL2 trainer, and see if he can tell me a little of what he did because if i can get a few comands to work it should help with things. That and when i get the time ill see what i can possably do about making a rough grid of the coordinate info for some of the .bsps.

He proboly wont give you the source for the trainer but try it out! I will also make a trainer for this game as well and spawn a civilian or something after I get things organized for all of you. I still would like to make a site for this game since I dont care much about the 360 anymore and my savings towards that is not going to happen for another year so I'll try it out and make a site sometime within this month or next month... also all of the mods that I have already made will be on the site for download as .ppf files or some other patch.

*note that anybody who doesnt like to read that the site has not been made just yet so please note that it will be made within a month or 2*

I'm glad to see some people who would like to help me, thanks alot  smile.gif .

turk645

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

i've been trying to add items to an area lately and it used to freeze at 2%. So far im up to it freezing at 4%. Hopefully i can figure this out and start adding more items where ever i want.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »

good work, surprised nobody else is interesting in modding this.

turk645

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

my guess it that most people already have the computer version and there for dont really care about the xbox version.

turk645

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

After doing a little more research on the bsps i found that adding stuff is going to be harder than i though. I even tried to remove an item that wasnt important and once it was loaded the map was completely messed up. Hopefully figuring these maps out will be easyer if we can get more people interested. At least i did find out that you can mod this game though the cache.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4