xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gta Trainer Problems  (Read 44 times)

tormentorofsouls666

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« on: April 04, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »

ok let me explain my situation so as to avoid piracy issues, i have the stock xbox hd in my xbox and i cannot ftp to my pc because it is old and needs upgrades, so i have to download backups of my games. i downloaded a copy of san andreas with the hot coffee mod. i didnt bother to mess with the hot coffee mod since i noticed a trainer for san andreas titled uncensored gfs. i am assuming this gives u the mod through a trainer, hopefully avoiding the driving school problem, but whenever i load up xored trainer launcher and try to activate trainers, i get no trainers to activate. it says it is the non xbl san andreas whatever the hell that means. if any one can explain this crap to me that would be great.

gta_hack3r

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 01:09:00 AM »

You have got to be joking me.. How did you get the trainer on you xbox in the first place if you can't ftp? And you can download a 2 something GB file but your computer can't take connecting to your xbox.. Somethings u with that..

82_Z28

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

I remember having a xbox with a busted NIC off the motherboard.  I still modded it cause i got good at burning a LOT of cds.  But it DOES limit what you can do.  I suggest you find out how to get FTP access ASAP.
check out one of my quick tuts:
http://www.invisionboardforfree.com/forums...ck&showtopic=77

as for the trainer, did you follow the guide that is pinned in the Evox Trainer section of X-S?

tormentorofsouls666

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

aight first off to the dipshit who wants to doubt what i say, i got the trainers on there from the aid3.0 disc, ive had to burn everything i download for the xbox on to cds and then use dvd2xbox to copy it to my xbox. the problem is as ive found out that i dont have enough ram for windows xp to function fully. yes i can dl a 2 gb file it dosent do it fast, but i can do it. now all i really want to know is what this file means, no xbl gta sanandreas. i dont understand what the no xbl means. im thinkin the one i downloaded is the second edition but im not sure. i dunno but unless ur gonna give me something i can work with dont respond tryin to accuse me of piracy, like for the first guy who responded to my post, how can you post such an accusation without actually being able to read what i posted. hooked on phonics homie.

yea z28 ive read alot of tutorials on ftp. ive even tried crossover cables and everything. i can get it all hooked up just fine but as soon as i turn on the xbox my comp freezes. the only thing i can think of it being in this situation is the fact that i only have 192 mb of ram as opposed to 256. plus i cant put xbox games on my xbox hd cuz i dont have enough space at the moment. but yea i dont think i have a damaged nic in my xbox, and im sure the nics i have used in my pc are good ive been thru three different ones. lol. so im not 100% sure, do u have a picture of where the nic is located inside the xbox?

82_Z28

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

its soldered on the motherboard.  When I get home I'll take a pic.  
More than likely, thats not the problem.  I was just really unlucky.   But if this is the problem, there are people on XS that can fix it like new for you (wish i knew that at the time)

also, this should go with out saying but, your PC sucks!
get some better ram at www.newegg.com
they got great deals!

Also, look into a new hdd for the xbox, cause bigger is better (in all cases!)

I'm not sure what the system requirements of FTP access to an xbox would be exactly, but one thing is for sure.  your pc REALLY needs an upgrade.

tormentorofsouls666

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

yea man my comp is a dinosaur lol. its just a matter of gettn the upgrades and ive been hella busy trying to get my record label up and runnin at the time so all my moneys been goin towards that at the moment, but the upgrade is next as far as i know i should just need the ram for it. but yea as for the hd i am waiting to get the extender case so i can run three hds in my xbox, the plan was to keep the stock hd and throw in two 500gb drives. but some unplanned financial crap suspended that operation for the time being. but yea if you could post up a pic of the nic in the xbox that would be great so i can check it out and see if thats the problem.

82_Z28

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:58:00 AM »

well I may have said it wrong.  NIC stands for network interface CARD.  its not actually a card.  its integraded into the motherboard.  I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting this (aside from checking the green LEDs)  I know there are at least 3 really good members who repair these type of components  but I don't remember who  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)   I'd try to find em for you but XS search is "still" down and google seems to suck.  anywho, one of em advertises about repairs in his sig.  

considering this:
i can get it all hooked up just fine but as soon as i turn on the xbox my comp freezes.

I think the network (should) be fine, and that the problem lies with the PC freezing.  (also try enabling a larger "page file" on your PC)

also, I've never heard of a SA for xbox live so you (might) have a fake trainer file.  I recommend the one from max-console here:
http://trainers.maxconsole.net/index.php?dlid=385
(you'll have to register to download it)

as for transfering files, dvd2xbox is a good app, but if you don't have FTP access, its always good to use boXplorer.  Try to have one copy on disc, and one on the HDD so you can fix any mistakes without having to get a new hdd for your xbox!
you can get boXplorer at the usual places.

hope this helps!

Unblessed

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

yea, I have the exact same thing. mine came with the hot cofee mod and says Non XBL Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. when I run the xored 2.5 trainer with the game it simply doesnt work. piss me off, i Had second edition and there were no trainers, so i dload first and now no trainers work.

i think what we need is a copy of the default.xbe from version 1. does someone have this and can they send it to me so i can test.
[email protected]

This post has been edited by Unblessed: Apr 16 2006, 01:41 AM

82_Z28

• Archived User
Gta Trainer Problems
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

you can apply a patch to your SA v2.0 default.xbe to make it a SA 1.0 default.xbe   more details can be found in this tutorial I wrote:  (remember to keep a backup default.xbe v2.0 for comparing)
http://www.invisionboardforfree.com/forums...ck&showtopic=45