xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Txd Workshop Crashing  (Read 132 times)

NemesisTypeA

• Archived User
Txd Workshop Crashing
« on: June 20, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

Has anyone else here had problems with the TXD Workshop ver 3.1 crashing? I've tried  recompressing textures for the X-Box but it just keeps giving me an illegal operation (and I don't mean taking my kidneys out and leaving me in a bath of ice)

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
Txd Workshop Crashing
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

You need a better pc I guess..

Grizwald

• Archived User
Txd Workshop Crashing
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

The Master, for being such a "master" you obviously didn't help the man very much, it's because you're trying to compress a texture that has to high of a resoloution or something, anyways I figured out a fix BY MYSELF! (seeing how allot of the bastards in this community don't like sharing their work or something, or maybe there are tuts I'm just missing or something) anyways what you need to do is this...

Say for the 1989 Batmobile,
I know it always freezes on the engine texture, so... once you get to the engine texture, follow these steps...

In TXDworkshop
1) Export the engine texture (as .bmp of course).
2) Open the engine texture in MS PAINT.
3) File>Save As...
4) Now from the drop down menu underneath the field where you enter the file name change it from 24-BIT BITMAP to 256 COLOUR BITMAP.
5) Save the file overtop of the where it was extracted to.
6) Import the newly formatted bitmap overtop of the old texture by selecting "Import" in TXDworkshop.
7) Try compressing it now, and vwoahlla! It won't give you that anoying message.

Now this should work for any texture that's giving you shit, however there might be a easier was to do this, but as mentioned above, it's hard to find good tuts on this.