xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Realgta3 Xbox?  (Read 297 times)

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« on: June 18, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »

Just by looking at the images I can tell you it would run really slow. It should work fine its the same thing as always the only diffrence is this comes in a package.

NightElf

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

im sure that can be ported to xbox...
when i had gta3 and vc for pc and i herd rumors that the xbox uses the same file system (they keep all the textures in that file and u can edit the handling.cfg)

Darkshamo

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

Yea it could be ported to the xbox but it will take ALOT of time.

They are trying to bring GTA LC to the xbox also, and it worked, but the amount of time is going to take forever.

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

I have takin up this challenge and gotten pretty far already once I get finished and test it out to see if it works I will have a public release.

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

Well I have most of it finished but the gta3.img file and as I started extracting all of the txd's i realized it might take me a few more days than expected to finish the mod.  It's a good thing I don't have a life  laugh.gif hahaha

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »

I have a small favor to ask would anyone be willing to go into the gta3.img of realgta3 and delete all of the txd's?  this would be a great help and would ensure that the mods was done a few days before it should be.  Thanks in advance.

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 10:20:00 PM »

I have to say that about after 12 hours of constant changing files I have finished this mod with the end result that this won't work at least not the whole mod becuase some of the major TXD's would not compress no matter how many times you tried.  Sorry about this.

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

Im yet 2 run into a txd that wouldnt compress. Sure some took 2 hours of trying over and over..

SEHF

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

I was able to get about 50 cars into xbox version, with correct handling.  Except 2 cars did not show up properly.  The wheels weren't there.  I noticed a very small slowdown when more then 4 of the high polygon cars were on screen, other then that everything worked fine!  This mod is possible, but once all the cars are in the game, I think the weapons should follow.

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

Well after what I said about this mod not working I have finished compressing eveything and am about to load it onto my xbox.  I'll let everyone know what happens.

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

Well I'm not home right now I transfered all of the files to the Xbox before I left but have not been able to test it yet so when I get home I will tell everyone.  Give me at the most 2-3 hours.

methie

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

As dissapointing as this may sound.....It didn't work I guess it was to much for the game to load.  Because it froze on start up.  So I went back and made sure all of thecache for the game was deleted and it was so I checked to see if the gta.cap.final(whatever it's called) adn it was so I tried it again and still no luck srry.
Maybe sometime I'll go back and redo everything to see if it will work then but not without some help, this took about 15 hours for this conversion.  So if your intrested in helping send me a pm maybe we can start tonight or today (or when ever) to see if anything went wrong.

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

Anyone willing to help?  If not I will get started in a day or two.

swarmer

• Archived User
Realgta3 Xbox?
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2004, 08:30:00 AM »

I have decided to go ahead and restart the mod from the start.  I'll let everyone know what happens this time.
Pages: [1] 2