xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unreal Championship - Adding The Official Patch  (Read 208 times)

vimfuego666

• Archived User
Unreal Championship - Adding The Official Patch
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »

I've got a retail copy of UC (the first one) and also have it installed on my harddrive. Since I never had Xbox Live it never got updated with the official patch fixing several issues. Is there any way I can do it myself? I figure the files that get altered by the patch could be FTPd to my HDD?

1. Is it possible?
2. Are these files available anywhere?

atomic_kangaroo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

Good luck with getting answers here. not many of us posting, think with you included about 3 or 4 of us been posting lately on the xbox 1 forums.

I'd recommend a google on the topic as you might be waiting til hell freezes over. soon as the 360 came out it looks like the rats abandoned the sinking ship.
(those who hadn't got themselves banned already over their ego's it seems from some reading of old threads lol don't even think this section has a moderator let alone is monitored anymore)

*sighs* I wonder how the dreamcast community is still going and are so cooperative with each other?

Clockface

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:47:00 AM »

Vimfuego666, I read your post when you first made it, and I've been checking on this thread every day, hoping for a positive response. See, unlike PC game patches, XBox game patches were never made available on the 'net for download, and so were only available on the XBox Live! service, which for people like me, who never went on Live!, meant that we never got to see the patches. I particularly wanted the patch for Unreal Championship 2, which simply unlocked files which were already on the DVD, but I never got to see the patch (and when I posted on here asking for it, a few years back, my post was modded for "asking for pirate/warez software" when all I was asking for was the legally free software patch).

Sometimes the patches were issued on XBox magazines, I think, but for those of us who didn't follow the magazines (the 'net is much better for up to date news, screenshots, and reviews) we missed any patches that might have been put on the cover DVDs.

I've tried to find the files on the 'net before, with no success, but  I've just Googled now for the files, and found:

http://digiex.net/co...installers.html

which seems to have most, if not all, XBox DLC available. I've not yet tried these files, so use them at your own risk, but it seems genuine.

hobojoe44

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

^ they work fine I've used many of the installers. One thing for UC2 is the update might not work on all NSCT Xboxs (like mine) but the content (unlocking files on the disc) works fines.