xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Capcom Vs Snk 2  (Read 190 times)

Koitsu

• Archived User
Capcom Vs Snk 2
« on: August 02, 2009, 02:54:00 AM »

i really just wanna know if it can be done, and where.

i switched out the music a long time ago, and i wanted to do the same for some of the characters. nothing serious like mugen (though i'd love that), i just wanted to maybe put geese and bison in the normal tickets, and put maybe evil ryu and orochi iori in their spots, since they never appear in the regular cpu fights (without just making the second player in vs mode controlled by cpu).

i thought i'd done it for a minute. the characters are in the afs02.afs file, under files like

pl0d_fac.bin
pl0d_hit.bin
pl0d_tbl.bin
pl0dpak.bin
edit_p0d.bin
snd_pl0D.wpx

(i believe that's shin akuma.)

anyway, if i gathered those 0D files and switched them with, say, the 07 files (blanka), i'd have blanka instead of shin akuma....but he'd still fight like shin akuma and have his move list.

my guess is that there's something in the xbe that has every character's moves list, but it might be somewhere else i can't check. the only file i can open out of the ones i listed up there is the wpx file, which is just their voices.

so, anyone know how to truly switch the characters here? or read those bins?

Nuroravage

• Archived User
Capcom Vs Snk 2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »

not possible with out hex editing the xbe. and even then we could never get it working right.  i tried for some time on the dreamcast with ok results but it was always buggy. and would crash everytime , the xbox is no exception. just easier to test.

Good luck. if i remember correctly marvel vs capcom was more forgiving about that process.

but hey theyrs always boss battle mode in arcade.

Koitsu

• Archived User
Capcom Vs Snk 2
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 04:36:00 AM »

hm. so did you find the moves list in the xbe?