xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Are There Doom 3 Mods?  (Read 255 times)

Vash3k

• Archived User
Are There Doom 3 Mods?
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »

I was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction. I'm trying to look at maybe weapon modding -  specifically something not unlike the duct tape mod. Any direction, pointers or info would be wonderful. Thanks!

grimdoomer

• Archived User
Are There Doom 3 Mods?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »

Although I can extract and decompress the files in the archives, I do not know where the checksum for the files are.

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
Are There Doom 3 Mods?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »

It would be awesome if someone could start making Doom 3 mods for the X-Box.  Classic Doom 3 was always my favorite, and I always wished it was playable on the X-Box.

One thing you can do if you have the Collector's Edition version of the game - you can replace the .wma music files in Ultimate Doom and Doom II.  I replaced all of the level music with revamped versions from Sonic Clang, Thumpmonk, Epiclore and even Extreme Noise Terror.

Also, it would be awesome if we could play Quake 4 on the X-Box using its version of the Doom 3 engine.

I doubt any of this will ever happen, but it would be nice.

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
Are There Doom 3 Mods?
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vash3k @ Apr 15 2009, 04:59 PM) View Post

By the way, thanks for letting me know about the wma replacement! I love the Sonic Clang and Thumpmonk remixes! I assume they need to be encoded the same as other xbox wmas (ala Tony Hawk 2x)?

Normal Windows WMAs work just fine.  If you extract the WMAs from the game (the old MIDI mixes) you can listen to them in pretty much any media player.

While we're on the music topic, you haven't ever messed around with FMOD have you?  I'm trying to figure out how to convert WMAs, MP3s, WAVs, etc. to .FSB files for Flatout.  I have a thread under this topic, so we don't get off subject...if you can help, that is.

Vash3k

• Archived User
Are There Doom 3 Mods?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »

I wanted to add that the Resurrection of Evil expansion pack also has these .wmas.

I have only lightly experimented with FMOD but I'll look into it and tell you what I find.