xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: -- Wrestlemania 21 Modpack V1 Released! --  (Read 483 times)

srb25x

• Archived User
-- Wrestlemania 21 Modpack V1 Released! --
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »

yeah i have it stored on my hdd's E: Drive and i go into the Wrestlemania XXI folder like you said, but im not sure what the instructions mean when it says

2.Copy "HD.WAD" from your Xbox to your XXIExplorer Installdirectory.

grayjo

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

Ah, well i haven;t actually seen his instructions, because i haven't a speedy interent connection, so i will tell you what i would do to install the modpack. I'm sure i will corrected if i am wrong.

1. Make sure you have XXI Explorer. I think the latest version is 1.5.

2. Install/Extract XXI Explorer to a location on your PC hdd.

3. Copy character_table.xml from the Modpack to the XXI folder

4. FTP to your WM21 dir on your xbox hdd.

5. In the main folder, there are some wad files, dvd.wad, dvd2.wad,  dvd3.wad and hd.wad. Copy hd.wad to the folder you extracted XXI Explorer to on your PC hdd.

6. Run XXI Explorer and seclet open > wad file > then pick hd.wad

7. You should see a list of files in the main window, starting with ai.lua

8. Scroll down to find the file name character_table.xml (you can just click in the main window and type "c" "h" to find it quickly)

9. While character_table is selected, click "Import" It should pop up "This file is larger... Will need to reindex..." or something similar. Ofter "File Imported Successfully" pops up, close XXI explorer

10. FTP back your wm21 dir. rename hd.was in the wm21 dir to hd.wad_orig (or whatever, it's just for backup) and copy the hd.wad from your xxi folder to the wm21 folder.

11. Copy the rest of the modpack files to the wm21 folder, I think it shouldn't overwrite anything, but if it prompts, just say no, rename the original, and copy again

The mod pack should all be in folders, make sure you keep the directory structure intact. Just copy the folders, and the files should go to the right place.

I hope this helps, sorry it's so long winded, but it should work.

grayjo

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »

jeremy just saw your edit, try opening up bogan.k with a hex editor and delecting the first 25 bytes. I am not entirely sure this will work, but in order to get the main models to CAS, you have to add a copy of the first 25 bytes from a CAS.

csfs are entrance defs, you don't need a specific csf for your wrestler, you can just assign him another wrestlers entrance (it would be ExTrEmLy hard to try to make a hulk hodan entrance)
This is an example for the character_table.xml:
  <Character name="Hulk Hogan" id="4">
    <Assets icon="icon_hogan.res" icon2="pose_CAS.res" mesh="d:\characters\hogan.k" entranceMesh="d:\characters\hogan.k" shadowMesh="d:\characters\shadow_medium.k" bnpMesh="" intro="d:\cutscene\scenes\entrance_bret_hart.csf" />
    <Attributes weightClass="Heavyweight" expertise="Traditionalist" gender="Male" speed="7" strength="8" submission="8" countering="8" stamina="8" charisma="7" faceOrHeel="Face" playable="True" brand="SmackDown" partner="11" />
    <Entrance audio="" video="" />

For this to work, you would need to make a folder in the main wm21 dir called "characters" to put hogan.k into and "textures" to put icon_hogan.res into.

Ok, for entrance you can chose from any of the wrestlers already there. if you want to change the music or video, you need to extract the corresponding csf file, open it in a text editor, and search for xmv for movies, and wav fro music. Unless you get your hands on a avi->xmv converter, you probably should use entrance_generic_edit.xmv. The video is listed 3 or so times. If you do want to add your own, the entrance videos like in wm21/cutscene/videos. To change the audio, seach for wav. Some generic (musicless) built in wavs are entrance_andre.wav, entrance_genericface.wav and entrance_genericface.wav. i am sure someone on this board can tell you how co convert music for wm21 (you need a codec... i have the codec, just no idea on how to convert with it) and the edtra music lives in wm21/cutscene/audio (you will have to make a new folder)... then after you save the csf, save it as entrance_hogan.csf or something and copy it to wm21/cutscene/scenes, and change the line in character_tabe to "...intro="d:\cutscene\scenes\entrance_hogan.csf" />"

Phew... moves...
Ok, you have to chose a moveset from an existing wrestler, and the list in on scrathers board, or just check the char_table ids. Once you have chosen, the wrestler, look at the id
<Character name="Bret Hart" id="57">
and copy this id to Hogan's ID. As far as I can tell, you will get no announcing, as long as you are not agains the person you took the moves from, then you will be called them. Did i forget anything?

{edit: thats right, partner="<id>" is the id of the person who comes out to interfere i believe}

You know, you would probably be better off just leaving him a caw...

Anyways, sorry everyone for the swathe of text i have spewed, and the double post... i not really sure why i couldn't edit my last one. I can edit this one... oh well.

This post has been edited by grayjo: Jul 8 2005, 07:52 AM

srb25x

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »

the thing is i dont have an xiiexplorer folder

grayjo

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 01:14:00 AM »

Your XXI Explorer directory is the directory you extract XXI Explorer to.

srb25x

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 01:38:00 AM »

o. i understand now. i got it working. thankyou biggrin.gif

skullman80

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

Can anyone help with the modpack v1. I have a modded xbox. I have followed the instructions to the letter a few times. I can't get it to work though. After I copy/overwrite/import then FTP everything back it still comes up as if I never changed the .wad file. I made sure to clear out my cache too...

Could anyone offer some assitance?

Thanks
Alan

grayjo

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

Do you have the XBL patch? I hear that if you do, you have to overwrite HD.wad in your TDATA/<game id> folder instead of the main folder.

skullman80

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(grayjo @ Jul 10 2005, 03:54 AM)
Do you have the XBL patch? I hear that if you do, you have to overwrite HD.wad in your TDATA/<game id> folder instead of the main folder.

That did the trick!

Thanks!!

DiGiTaL Jr.

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »

I am having problems even getting my XXIExplorer to even start... i keep getting a message that says:

"Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or none of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have .net framework so that couldnt be the problem. I've downloaded the program twice and I am still getting the same message. So please if anyone can tell me if I am doing something wrong or something.

fraidknot

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(DiGiTaL Jr. @ Jul 10 2005, 08:10 AM)
I am having problems even getting my XXIExplorer to even start... i keep getting a message that says:

"Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or none of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have .net framework so that couldnt be the problem. I've downloaded the program twice and I am still getting the same message. So please if anyone can tell me if I am doing something wrong or something.

You might want to do a search for "comdlg32.ocx" and install it!

DiGiTaL Jr.

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »

OK homie thanks. I tried it and it worked.

DataMark

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

wat about the other mod thats in four parts that dont even work right

Charbless

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

Great mod but why so many of the same wrestler? wouldnt it be better to just update the one wrestler and put all the other clothing in like create a wrestler also is there anyway to change stuff like music to listen in game?

fnog

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

HELO PICS PEOPLE WE GOTTA HAVE PICS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4