xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: To The Xbox Mobile!  (Read 2440 times)

nemt

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

Basically what I'm saying is while the Audi engine is impressive, the displacement wasn't really something to "brag about.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2004, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 19 2004, 04:41 PM)
Basically what I'm saying is while the Audi engine is impressive, the displacement wasn't really something to "brag about.

I don't see how he's bragging about his car's displacement. If anything he's bragging about his car in general. And his car is bragging rights over most on this forum I'd wager. Regardless of displacement I can be quite confident that his car is quick. And an Audi is world's more refined then any Mustang or Camaro with their big displacement engines.

If displacement were all that matter my 1.0L 3 Inline 3 would not be faster then many cars with twice or 3 times the displacement. Yet it is.

moistness

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 19 2004, 02:05 PM)
Obviously the F40 is different, the F40 is TT, and was an extremely limited release.

Additionally, comparing your Audi to a Ferrari doesn't make much sense.

I was purely referring to this little gem:-
4.2L is the smallest V8 I've ever heard of...

I did not compare my audi to a ferarri or any other car, but I would like to point out that my particular audi was hand built for audi by porsche to a limited run of 250 cars for homologation purposes.

Its a good job for you that size does not mean everything!

nemt

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Mar 19 2004, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 19 2004, 04:41 PM)

I don't see how he's bragging about his car's displacement. If anything he's bragging about his car in general. And his car is bragging rights over most on this forum I'd wager. Regardless of displacement I can be quite confident that his car is quick. And an Audi is world's more refined then any Mustang or Camaro with their big displacement engines.

If displacement were all that matter my 1.0L 3 Inline 3 would not be faster then many cars with twice or 3 times the displacement. Yet it is.

Well he did say "4.2l biatches" as if it were some amazing feat.

I'm sure it's a good car, but it's not like his engine could compete with a chrysler 426.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 19 2004, 07:46 PM)

I'm sure it's a good car, but it's not like his engine could compete with a chrysler 426.

Correct, His engine gets far better gas mileage, pollutes less, and has better reliability while still remaining a fast car.

BTW.... he said "Audi V8 quattro 4.2l biatches "

nemt

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Mar 19 2004, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 19 2004, 07:46 PM)

Correct, His engine gets far better gas mileage, pollutes less, and has better reliability while still remaining a fast car.

BTW.... he said "Audi V8 quattro 4.2l biatches "

Yeah, for some reason I read the "biatches" comment as a direct reference to the 4.2l...my mistake.

Also...would you really buy  a car based on the amount of pollution it makes?

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

yes, the second they make a quick hydrogen cell car, I'll be all over that shit...

nemt

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (UndercoverPunker @ Mar 19 2004, 05:55 PM)
yes, the second they make a quick hydrogen cell car, I'll be all over that shit...

I hope you like the right lane...

...and welfare

Rylinkus

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 19 2004, 09:18 PM)

Yeah, for some reason I read the "biatches" comment as a direct reference to the 4.2l...my mistake.

Also...would you really buy  a car based on the amount of pollution it makes?

No, but I would based on gas mileage. When gas prices rise this summer I'm sure my Sprint will be getting more road time then the Probe. A muscle car would be cool, but I' sure I couldn't afford to drive it.

Xboxman20

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

i am 15 right now almost 16 in 2 months or something but im getting eithere

a 67 CHevy Super Sport or a 69 Camaro both badass cars.

My dad and his friends are always buying old cars and fixing them into badass street cars.

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 20 2004, 12:06 AM)

...and welfare

WTF?  how is that a proper reply?  the new concept eclipse has two motors that totaled together produce 450hp... and hybrids just started hitting the markets (relatively recently).  Hydrogen cell cars only give off WATER, WATER.... and once a high capacity cell is produced, as well as higher HP electric motors, there will be no reason that a hydrogen cell powered car couldn't whip the shit out of whatever you drive...  don't be so fucking closed minded...

and how the fuck does welfare fit into that?  That just doesn't make any sense...

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »

tongue.gif

nemt

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (UndercoverPunker @ Mar 19 2004, 11:57 PM)
QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 20 2004, 12:06 AM)

...and welfare

WTF?  how is that a proper reply?  the new concept eclipse has two motors that totaled together produce 450hp... and hybrids just started hitting the markets (relatively recently).  Hydrogen cell cars only give off WATER, WATER.... and once a high capacity cell is produced, as well as higher HP electric motors, there will be no reason that a hydrogen cell powered car couldn't whip the shit out of whatever you drive...  don't be so fucking closed minded...

and how the fuck does welfare fit into that?  That just doesn't make any sense...

Fuel cells are currently more expensive than nuclear powered vehicles.

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2004, 09:50:00 PM »

never said I was getting one anytime soon...

OrangE_BeasT

• Archived User
To The Xbox Mobile!
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

foreign cars blow. get american cars. big cars. not turbo'd focuses. they blow too.
you need a supercharger.
i have a 4.3 V6 with a supercharger. 325HP. 250 stock. btw. small 8's can be good too. my dad has a 2000 Jag XJR with a supercharged 8 making 370 HP and 385 lb/ft STOCK.
but the bigger the engine the better.
yeah, you can get hundreds of HPs in a 4 banger... but that's at like 10,000 RPM.
who the fuck wants a car that has the RPM's of a Dremel?
I redline at 6K and make 350lb/ft.
torque is what matters... not HP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6