xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Hate Cingular!  (Read 72 times)

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« on: December 14, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

Long story short i hate Cingular. I am protesting them. I am making a group called People Against Cingular. The email adress is [email protected]. Please email Cingular or something and tell them you are joining or hate them or whatever.

Any ideas of how to piss off cingular? I put flyers up outside of their store, but need more ideas. Preferably legal ones.

Edit: Almosr forgot, anyone got a slogan?

This post has been edited by Hercules Q Einstein: Dec 15 2005, 02:38 AM

Arjun

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »

Any reasons why you hate them...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »

Yeah well.... My phone broke and they sent me a new one (i have insurance). So they send a different one and it gets NO RECEPTION! So i tell them i want a different phone and they say that im lying and my new phone gets great reception. Yea right jackass, i think i know what reception my phone gets. So im stuck with no service and a $200 a month phone bill.

Hoppy

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

At least you had insurance.  I was signed up for it and was paying insurance for awhile, and when I put in a claim for a new phone (phone+water=bad) they said I was never signed up for it.

lordvader129

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

ive always been a verizon guy myself, but i have 2 friends with cingular, here are their stories

friend number 1 used to have cingular, he hated it, but didnt want to buy out of his contract, when he broke up with his gf he got his number changed, and left instructions on his account to give the number to anyone, well, they gave it to his ex, so changed it again, they gave it to his ex, figuring 3 is the charm he changes it again....nope, so he finally buys out of his contract...now comes the funniest part....he switched to at&t

friend number 2 got some crappy phone that was practically free with his contract, he paid like 75 dolalrs for insurance on it, then he dropped it and th eantenna broke, so he goes back to get a new one, they say they have to charge him 60 dollars for the repair, he tells them he has insurance, but they still insist on charging him the money (i guess they consider the cheap belt clip breaking and the phone dropping to be abuse) so he ends up payoing a total of 135 dollars (ins+fee) to replace his 100 dollar phone

bluedeath

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »

Screw cingular and their constant barrage of advertising

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »

Wow i actually got some emails from my flyers and told everyone to file complaints with the FCC.

Cingular has called me twice today trying to work something out.

CattyKid

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hercules Q Einstein @ Dec 15 2005, 01:00 PM) *

Wow i actually got some emails from my flyers and told everyone to file complaints with the FCC.

Cingular has called me twice today trying to work something out.

The FCC?  They have nothing to do with it.  You want to talk to the Better Business Bereau.

Also, why not go into the STORE and show them the problem with your phone?

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Dec 15 2005, 09:53 PM) *

The FCC?  They have nothing to do with it.  You want to talk to the Better Business Bereau.

Also, why not go into the STORE and show them the problem with your phone?

The people in the store have no power over it. They just tell you to call, they just sell the phones. The replacments are done through the mail. Same reason i cant just go into the store and get a new one when mine broke the first time.

As for the FCC, here is their complaint site. FCC It seems to apply, maybe im wrong.

This post has been edited by Hercules Q Einstein: Dec 16 2005, 12:01 AM

Armored_Monk

• Archived User
I Hate Cingular!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »

Any ideas of how to piss off cingular?

well, the clear box phone hack tool can hold any phone company on its knees, but uh.... so illegal, and so much jail time, i dont think u would find it worth it...

now uh.... why dont u just write a letter to ur congressman (or women, but they wont get the job done)