xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Great Mod/admin Quotes!  (Read 443 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xombe @ Dec 13 2005, 10:43 PM) View Post

The sig:
That "can't program" bit stems from the member making a new account just to PM a reply to each point HSD shot down.  However.. He added in that his team of crack devs now has an XeDK!

I suppose that was to try to make staff feel worried that they'd bust out some awesome 360 hack/homebrew in addition to their Xbox1 dash-in-progress (odd, most of the staff here don't code a damn thing.. we just oversee the forums to facillitate the ACTUAL hard-workers that made this scene).

Anyway, stick with me here..

So he's pissed, got an XeDK and an elite team poised to shake up the scene.

And he makes an account to PM this, and bump a three month old thread of his about said Xbox1 dash.. just to antagonize us.

Okay, we together now?

I take a look at that bumped topic only to find the following text:

So please wish him luck with his XeDK and his C++ homework. smile.gif

Xombe, what are you doing?!  You just ditched the best developer to hit the Scene in 2 years!  For God's sake, he's about to learn C++!!!!  That's like, C+ (+) +.  That's one + short of C+++!  How could you do this to us!  Now the 360 will NEVER be modded!

C o s m o

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 07:14:00 AM »

I hope he gets an A+ in C++ because anything shy of a B+ in C++ is BS and might as well be a C+.

Chancer

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 08:58:00 AM »

I now have an idea. Members who PM me moaning when they get a suspension should have some of the stuff quoted in here as well. It may even make them think before going off on one just because they had  apost closed or couldn't post for 24 hours.
The last post by Cosmo is a classic.I wish I had thought of that:beer:

ruli00

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

To the top for more quotes

-ruli00

ruli00

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

pop.gif
Everyone get ready, they're going to announce it.

"And the funniest mod/admin post goes to......http://forums.xbox-s...0"

-ruli00

C o s m o

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 15 2005, 10:05 AM) View Post

I now have an idea. Members who PM me moaning when they get a suspension should have some of the stuff quoted in here as well. It may even make them think before going off on one just because they had  apost closed or couldn't post for 24 hours.
The last post by Cosmo is a classic.I wish I had thought of that:beer:

Thanks laugh.gif
I love the PM idea.  Those must he a riot!

lordvader129

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »

done.

those are alwyas nice, lol (ill elt another mod explain it)

Chancer

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2005, 02:38:00 AM »

Hi
You appear to have 2 accounts here. Could you Pm me to let me know if this is the case and if so why?
Thank You
Chancer

Reply from anonymous member
I have been asking myself the same question

names of members not revealed as its not fair.

Xombe

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Dec 21 2005, 03:12 AM) View Post

those are alwyas nice, lol (ill elt another mod explain it)
Oh, I'll bite...

We ask for a ban.. generally five or ten at once, and he replies back with one word, "Done."

THEN it's time to check sigs..

(Disclaimer: Not all ban requests go through.  The admins decide each and every one, and often "let the (insert suspension here) stand" comes back.  We're not out to ban the world, to quote HSD).

And frankly Cosmo, they're not.  Funny in a pathetic, impotent way.. yes.  But a pain in the ass overall.  I always go way out of my way to give some kind words to a member who gets muted/sus'd and takes it with decency:

Here's a guy who had XDK links in his sig, and got a suspension for it:
Sorry about that, i didnt realize that site had links to anything that was against the rules, ive actually pointed a lot of other people to that site in the past, but i guess i was just getting lucky. thanks for the warning, i'll be more careful with my links in the future.
See? A bannable offense (in harshest practice..) but just inform him and he's on top of it. smile.gif

However..
Get a life prick. I could care less that a loser with no friends wants to be a wanker about a couple pixels. Whats the matter do you get pushed around at home. I guess you aren't the ones with pants on in your household. To repeate, Fuck You!
Because his sig image was too large. Oh, the horror..  rolleyes.gif

And that's about as civil a PM as I can post publicly (name or no name). Read that as: that's a pleasant fuck-you. smile.gif

C o s m o

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2005, 07:19:00 AM »

Karma.. samsara..

My mudra is a right-click.

Closed.
Giggle.
PM from me

Hi
You appear to have 2 accounts here. Could you Pm me to let me know if this is the case and if so why?
Thank You
Chancer

Reply from anonymous member

I have been asking myself the same question

names of members not revealed as its not fair.
That is a great reply.

And frankly Cosmo, they're not. Funny in a pathetic, impotent way.. yes. But a pain in the ass overall. I always go way out of my way to give some kind words to a member who gets muted/sus'd and takes it with decency:

Here's a guy who had XDK links in his sig, and got a suspension for it:

Sorry about that, i didnt realize that site had links to anything that was against the rules, ive actually pointed a lot of other people to that site in the past, but i guess i was just getting lucky. thanks for the warning, i'll be more careful with my links in the future.

See? A bannable offense (in harshest practice..) but just inform him and he's on top of it. smile.gif

However..

Get a life prick. I could care less that a loser with no friends wants to be a wanker about a couple pixels. Whats the matter do you get pushed around at home. I guess you aren't the ones with pants on in your household. To repeate, Fuck You!

Because his sig image was too large. Oh, the horror..  

I can sympathixe (note the homage to Xombe in the spelling smile.gif ).  I work in a university.  One of my many roles, my main role really, is as an academic advisor.  I get to tell people all manner of news...from the news they "are summa cum laude" all the way to "you won't graduate" or even program dismissal.  The replies vary the same.  Some people are gracious and want to make things right.  Others (and I am not exaggerating here) throw a temper tantrum and stomp down the hallway hitting the walls screaming, "I hate this fucking school!"  That too is pathetic and impotent.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

lol that was me smile.gif  i still have that warning message in my inbox.  figured out that tellin ppl to search for how to softmod themselves is better than givin them links. beerchug.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2005, 02:41:00 AM »

Flaming and swearing.
Posting disabled for 3 days

Reply from member
Deserved. No excuse for it on my part. I'll ignore people in the future.

He has ignored people as well. Never posted since

C o s m o

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 22 2005, 03:48 AM) View Post

Part of a PM from Me
Reply from member

He has ignored people as well. Never posted since

Must have been some serious swearing go earn a 3-day suspension.  Some of the things people say here, though blink.gif

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »

yeah ive seen some posts with a lot of language bein used.  guess he musta got really ticked at somebody to get a 3 day for that.

Chancer

• Archived User
Great Mod/admin Quotes!
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

Things that will get you Temporarily Muted, Suspended, or outright Banned from the family of Forums covered by these rules.

We use a 3 strike system on this site for minor offenses, however the staff, especially the Head Moderators and Admins can side step that system and move your account right up to SUSPENDED, MUTED, and/or BANNED.

Things that will get you a “strike” on this site include…

-          Swearing

-          Flaming

That was why the 3 day mute. It was not just swearing in a topic it was a real attack at other members. Usually the mute is followed with  a similar PM to the mod who does the muting.
I don't mute people who swear and flame me though biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3