xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms Must Watch South Park!  (Read 257 times)

hkhawk

• Archived User
Ms Must Watch South Park!
« on: November 30, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

I just flipped on my TV to see that last night my TiVo recorded South Park and it was an oldy but a goody.

In the episode Cartman inherits $1 million dollars and buys his own amusement park so that only he can ride the rides without waiting in line.  Then he advertises on TV that only he is allowed in and nobody else just to piss Stan and Kyle off.  After Stan and Kyle try sneaking in he's forced to hire a security guard and he then has to let two people in a day in order to pay his wage.  So he goes outside to see a big line, lets two people in and tells everyone else to go home and try again tomorrow.  The next day one of the rides breaks down so he needs to hire someone to fix that and let in two more people.  Eventually he has to let in thousands and the struggling park becomes a money machine.  He is hailed in the press as a marketing genius by saying nobody can come in and sending people who line up home without getting in and making people want to come so badly that they're willing to line up every day for hours just to get in.

I thought it was hysterical because it was so similar to the situation today.  The lines, the disappointed people and the mesia circus are so similar it's scary.  I know this is kind of a random post but I just wanted to share, I was rolling on the floor laughing at all the parallels between Cartman and MSs marketing strategies.

lilbplaya3406

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(hkhawk @ Nov 30 2005, 08:17 PM) *

I just flipped on my TV to see that last night my TiVo recorded South Park and it was an oldy but a goody.

In the episode Cartman inherits $1 million dollars and buys his own amusement park so that only he can ride the rides without waiting in line.  Then he advertises on TV that only he is allowed in and nobody else just to piss Stan and Kyle off.  After Stan and Kyle try sneaking in he's forced to hire a security guard and he then has to let two people in a day in order to pay his wage.  So he goes outside to see a big line, lets two people in and tells everyone else to go home and try again tomorrow.  The next day one of the rides breaks down so he needs to hire someone to fix that and let in two more people.  Eventually he has to let in thousands and the struggling park becomes a money machine.  He is hailed in the press as a marketing genius by saying nobody can come in and sending people who line up home without getting in and making people want to come so badly that they're willing to line up every day for hours just to get in.

I thought it was hysterical because it was so similar to the situation today.  The lines, the disappointed people and the mesia circus are so similar it's scary.  I know this is kind of a random post but I just wanted to share, I was rolling on the floor laughing at all the parallels between Cartman and MSs marketing strategies.

........i must have missed the episode

akodoreign

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

he he.. Cartman gets busted by IRS at the end. something that wont happen to ms (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

grogger13

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

yeah i watched that, i was thinking the same thing.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »

I saw no one with a popped hemorroid (sp?).

lcapitan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »

Yea, M$ has great marketing stratagies, just look at M$ vs Apple, who has the better product? Apple.  Who has better customer support? Apple.  Which OS is better? Apple.  Who is more succesful when it comes to computer operating systems and sales? MS.  

They can sell you sub-par products, while the competiton is years ahead.  And why? Marketing.  They got my money when I was buying a computer, and I KNOW which OS is better.  They can probably sell you your own stuff for more than you bought it for.  That's just thier thing.  Brilliant buisnessmen and average programmers.

********************************************************************************
The crappy performance of M$ does not apply when it comes to thier gaming sytems, cause thier systems rule some f**kin @ss. They can market though!

jaygould30

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

their is a new south park on right now (east coast). Go watch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

nova805

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(lcapitan @ Dec 1 2005, 03:38 AM) *

just look at M$ vs Apple, who has the better product? Apple.  Who has better customer support? Apple.  Which OS is better? Apple.  Who is more succesful when it comes to computer operating systems and sales? MS.

Apple Vs MS is totally opinionated though.  I for one can't stand the Mac OS or very many of there products.  I will agree that there support is much much better, but then again... its not hard to beat MS support team.  

Apple makes a ton of money off their overpriced IPOD, yet because its marketed so brilliantly it makes a ton of sales...  they do the same type of marketing as MS... MS just owns the computer market as of now, and Apple knows not to waste their money advertising the new Apple computers to the mainstream, cause the mainstream doesn't want Macs, they want MS and the glorious  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) windows...

jaygould30

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

wow nothing like a south park episode to spark a complete tangental debate on MS vs. Apple. Maybe we should drop this debate now and stick to the topic. Just a thought.

hkhawk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Dec 1 2005, 03:36 AM) *

I saw no one with a popped hemorroid (sp?).

I bet a lot of people thought waiting in line was a pain in the ass though.

sulfur

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »

moving to the dump.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(sulfur @ Dec 1 2005, 04:44 AM) *

moving to the dump.

The TV/movie forum wouldnt have made more sense?

Weem

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »

no, they need to watch the movie

(where they shoot bill gates in the head)