xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "a Night In Bloodgulch" Mod Released  (Read 53 times)

dubious

• Archived User
"a Night In Bloodgulch" Mod Released
« on: December 11, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »

nice,

good job,,, love the turrets...

and your hogs seem faster, but not too fast, whenever i fuck with hog speeds, they always end up being almost uncontrollable (but a hell of allot of fun.. you can get some huge air on Halo)...

this would be an awsome ctf mod...

XBOX War3z

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 10:54:00 AM »

wink.gif

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »

smile.gif

you should add the warthog gun 2ndary rocket fire

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 12:45:00 PM »

Hey Mallion, it was just the type of game we pisked last night. That's why they didn't show up.

I tested this with Mallion and can say it's worth getting. I like the texture for the ghost and warthog, and the plasma pistol kicks butt. Basically, the whole mod is excellent.

Mallion

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »

To cover some questions, the reason I cut down on the projectile weapons was simply to even things out... First off ou've got your turrets for taking down air assults, warthogs, & foot attacks. It's the most powerful weapon in BG but basically the thing reloads slow.
Next you got air, it's excellent because it's fast & can manuver back & forward at almost the same speed. After you get the hang of bombing it's a strong vehicle. It's the lack of it having a gun that'll keep everyone out of the air. You want some people up there to make it interesting but when everyone's just trying to get to one vehicle, it kind of sux.
After that you've got your warthog. It's now the fastest and easiest to control vehicle in BG. It hasn't gotten any new weapons but it's speed allows it to outrun the flying Ghost and the base turret fire which means you can get 3 of your soldiers right up next to the enemy base, under the range of the turrets & do it fast.
Last but not least you have your foot soldiers... They start out with the "hand-cannon" so they'll have some defence against oncoming attackers in overpowered warthogs, someone bombing them from the sky or a gun happy base turret guy trying to shoot the hell out of them. The weakness for this weapon is that it depletes rather quickly so you really have to limit it's use until it's needed...
Overall I was aiming to get a strength & weakness into everything.

For questions about the sky... If you go into an unmodded bloodgulch and look up you'll see those same two planets that are in my mod, just in a day time texture. It would look funny to me to just have something missing from the sky other then the sun after dark. And I thought about adding cricket sounds but then I thought, why would crickets be in space? Hehe.

Mallion

Mallion

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

My mod is now available on Halomods.com...
A shout goes out to Grenadiac for adding it so quickly.

Hope you are all enjoying the mod.

Mallion

penguin318

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

biggrin.gif