xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Loading Profile  (Read 81 times)

Toffer

• Archived User
Problem Loading Profile
« on: October 04, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »

Hello all.  I've been searching through the forums for a couple days now and I haven't found a solution to a problem quite like this one...and I've been able to solve all my Forza issues except for one...

No matter what profile I try to use Forza begins to load it up and then just sits there forever...  I've completely deleted all my profiles, so I'm starting from scratch and brand new profiles do the same thing.  I can play the game and do whatever, but whenever I try to load a profile, the game locks up.

I don't think this is a signing issue...I did however try to sign the save game, which didn't seem to work.

I do not play on XBL so I don't care if I'm compatible for that or not.  One suspicious thing I noticed was that I have more than just default.xbe in my Forza directory.  There's an update.xbe and a couple other's I don't remember off the top of my head (I'm writing this from work so I can't just go look at it).  I can't find the post right now, but I thougth someone had said something about those files being there after an update had been done by XBL, so I was wondering if that was messing things up for me?

Any help would be greatly appricated...I totally love the game, but if I can't save my progress, it'll get a bit old I think.  hehehe.

effbee05

• Archived User
Problem Loading Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »

You might try deleteing everyhting in E:\CACHE and the update.xbe is an update for Live when you login to Live in Forza, you can delete it if your running from the HD.

Toffer

• Archived User
Problem Loading Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 05:05:00 AM »

In the words of a couple of great beer makers...

brilliant!  It worked like a charm...thanks.

Jared592

• Archived User
Problem Loading Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(effbee05 @ Oct 5 2005, 08:45 PM) View Post

You might try deleteing everyhting in E:\CACHE and the update.xbe is an update for Live when you login to Live in Forza, you can delete it if your running from the HD.

This is an ultra-old thread, but I wanted to bump to say thanks!  I was about ready to format the drive and redo the mod until I saw this.