xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Brienj's Pacth Tutorial  (Read 264 times)

wking0530

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »

I have a tutorial that explains everthing that you need to do in oder to get other saves to work on your xbox using brienj's patch.  But, there is one catch,you cant use the save on xbox live. email me if you want it:)

wking0530

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »

Using Brienj’s Forza patch program!

Things Needed:
1.   Xsavsig-used to resign saved files
2.   Brienj’s patch v1.0
3.   Qwix iso creator(only if you are not playing forza off of your hard drive)
4.   Your xbox’s HDD key
5.   XSaveMgr(saves manager for xbox)

Using brienj’s patch:
   To use brienj’s patch you must first extract the patch’s zip file than extract the entire forza iso to a folder(Just extract the default xbe if you are going to play the game off of your hard drive).  The way I do it is: 1.  burn the iso to a cd/dvd and load it in my xbox.  2. FTP my xbox 3.  extract the Whole d: (you will need it later if you plan to make a dvd instead of putting Forza on your hard drive).  There are easier ways to do this, but this is the way I do it.     Now that you have the default.xbe file extracted and the authkeypatch.exe file you must put both of them on your desktop, but not in a folder directly on desktop!  Next go to (start) and click run.  Now type: CMD  (you should get the dos screen.  Finally type:  cd desktop and push enter than type authkeypatch.exe  and the patch should run.  It will ask you to put in a folder #  just type in a number b/t  0 - 65,535. it will give you a number(this is the folder that your forza saves will be in)WRITE IT DOWN!  You will need it later.  It will also put a new file on your desktop called default.xbe.new,  just rename it default.xbe

Using the new default.xbe:
   You must put the new default.xbe file back into the Forza folder that you extracted from your xbox(or put the default.xbe file back on your xbox hard drive where your forza game is)make sure you overwrite the old default.xbe file.  If you are going to make a dvd copy of the game open qwix iso creator and push the create iso button.  Than push the local folder button and find your forza directory(the one with the new default.xbe that you created)and click create iso.  Than burn the iso with nero or your choice of burner.

Now What???????????:
   You must now run the new game and create a new profile to see if the patch works.  Once you’ve made a new profile open the XSaveMgr  on your computer and ftp your xbox(you have to turn the game off and boot to your hacked dash)if there is a file that says Non-XBL forza motorsport than you are on the right track if not than you messed up some where long the line.  Copy the non-xbl save to your pc(you will need it later)Now to set up your xsavsig program:)

Getting your xbox’s HDD key:
    First ftp your xbox so you can see all of the folders in it.  Next open up c:/backup folder.  Now open the hddinfo.txt file.  You will see a number at the very bottom like this: a1 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 00 12 13 14 15 16. Take this number and break it down like: a1112233445566778899001213141516    .  Now you have you xbox hdd key  smile.gif

Where to put your xbox hdd key:
   Now that you have your xbox hdd key you need to open the xsavsig directory folder(where ever you installed it) and open the xbhddkey.ini  file, and insert your xbox hdd key where it says (hddkey=).  Next open up the resign.ini file in the xsavsig folder and insert this at the top:

[The number That the patch gave you_3]
ID=[ The number That the patch gave you_3]
Title=Forza Motorsport Texture File
SigKey=DD46A68DB08C6B0086FDE4F198E0C656
AuthKey=31A43F9B548DB278EF1D0AF8E74BD5B016324526
DataFile=new.texture
SigOffset=-20
DataOffset=0
DataLen=-20

[The number That the patch gave you _4]
ID=[ The number That the patch gave you]
Title=Forza Motorsport Package File
DataFile=new.pkg
SigOffset=0
DataOffset=120
DataLen=-120

[The number That the patch gave you]
Title=Forza Motorsport
DataFile=UserProfile.xml
SigOffset=-20
DataOffset=0
DataLen=-20
SigType=NoRoam

[The number That the patch gave you _2]
Title=Forza Motorsport Garage.bin/Garage.dat
DataFile=Garage.bin
SigOffset=-20
DataOffset=0
DataLen=-20
SigType=NoRoam
(for the number that the patch gave you, enter the number that I made you write down it looks something like this 626a0015  somewhere along that line but the number varies)

Testing Your saves to see if the Sigs match:
   Go into the XSaveMgr folder and find where it put that non-xbl save (it should be a zip with the same number that you wrote down from the patch) and unzip it.  Now open xsavsig and where it says sign: click it and scroll down to forza motorsport.  Where it says file click it and browse thru that unzipped non-xbl save you want to open the userprofile.xml file.  If the current and calculated  match give yourself a pat on the back:) if not retrace your steps.

Using all of this crap:
   Now you ask what is all of this crap for?  SO YOU CAN GET OTHER PEOPLE’S SAVE TO WORK ON FORZA AND HACK YOUR SAVES(BUT THEY WONT WORK WITH XBOX LIVE THANKS BRIENJ-WE LOVE YOU MAN)  to do this you must unzip any download save, open up xsavsig and change the sig of the userprofile.xml, garage.dat, garage.bin,ect.. to do this just load the file you want, put the sign option on either forza motorsport, Forza Motorsport Garage.bin/Garage.dat, Forza Motorsport Texture File, or Forza Motorsport Package File(which ever you are trying to get to work on your xbox)and click apply.take the newly signed file and out it in your non-xbl forza save folder that you unzipped(overwriting the old file) and rezip it.  Than use XSaveMgr to put it back on your xbox.

Have fun and a big thanks goes out to brienj, sniperkilla, and the whole bunch of you fellas out there keep up the good work smile.gif
Written by:  William King (wking0530)

wadata04

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

That is a good, easy tutorial to follow. Well done.  beerchug.gif

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 03:13:00 AM »

wking0530, Nice contribution.  beerchug.gif

blakksmiff

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »

Wassup board. I am attempting to use the tutorial that wking0530 has posted (thank-you btw). I am attempting to find the apps "xsavsig" and "xsavemngr". I am attempting to find them by searching, however xbox-saves.com  seems to be down and I do not see the apps on the other "usual place". Could someone email me the apps or point me towards an alternate place to DL from? Thanks in advance. My email addy is [email protected]

soltakr

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

i get to this point > authkeypatch.exe and the patch should run

but it shows this
Non-XBL AuthKey Patcher v1.0, copyright 2005 Brien L. Johnson
Syntax: authkeypatch [filename] [ID number (0-65,535)]

then goes back to the desktop promt

any help please.

and blakksmiff hav u found the programs or still need them?

soltakr

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

bump

please any help-game driving me nuts now.

fathom7411

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

same problem here

This post has been edited by fathom7411: Nov 8 2005, 01:04 PM

FSG

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

I can get it all to boot but then i dont understand what to type you can call me a noob i dont car ei just want this working  dry.gif

xmaniac2003

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 04:17:00 AM »

i get to this point > authkeypatch.exe and the patch should run

but it shows this
Non-XBL AuthKey Patcher v1.0, copyright 2005 Brien L. Johnson
Syntax: authkeypatch [filename] [ID number (0-65,535)]

Its easy you need to type this

Go to start/run type in cmd

go to the directory of the patch in the cammand prompt

Then type this-------vvvvvvv

authkeypatch.exe default.xbe 0-65,535

Don't put the 0-65,535 just a number inbetween 0 and 65,535 if you still can't figure it out then sorry don't use it then...

FSG

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 05:52:00 AM »

yea i found out shortly after that post. I felt like a idiot

fathom7411

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

thank you for replying that was the only thing i didnt try

libertysyclone

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

OK so I got the non-xbl to show up but then when I make a new save and compare to the calculated in savsig they arent the same I have copied the tutorials addins for the resign and inserted the right folder # and my hddkey in the hddkeyini  file I have tried those 3 different times. Did I make a mistake earlier? any help.

brienj

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

Nice tutorial, although I have just finished making a frontend for my program.  wink.gif

You can download the frontend HERE.  smile.gif

I'll be udating my webpage with the link later today.  wink.gif

FSG

• Archived User
Brienj's Pacth Tutorial
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

wow man good job on the tutorial and good job on programs brienj
Pages: [1] 2