xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Copied Forza Gamesaves Corrupt  (Read 141 times)

Trumpetrhapsody

• Archived User
Copied Forza Gamesaves Corrupt
« on: July 29, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

I started out with a softmod on my stock xbox hard drive, running forza on live with the mod off and such. I then put in a 40 gig hard drive, and xfered all the saves over, and they all ran fine (no live since i didn't have a new eeprom). Now I have upgraded to a 120gig hd, got a new eeprom, and played halo on live, so it works. I went to play forza today and it says the gamesaves are corrupt. Is there a way to fix it, or will I have to try to slap in the original hard drive and copy the gamesaves to a memory card?

Yad2ckrU

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 06:21:00 AM »

Well apperently the savegames from Forza are linked to your xbox eeprom that was used during the creation of the savegame and can't be used on other eeproms. This was done to prevent cheating like in PGR2. There are a few people that can resign savegames to work online but they work on Forza Customs and make custom cars for others and wont tell how to resign the savegame to prevent cheating. There also is a program that lets you resign the savegame so its useable but not online.

Trumpetrhapsody

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »

Well I'm not looking to cheat. So If you can hook me up with someone to resign my profiles that would be awesome. I just want my profiles back  :(

This post has been edited by Trumpetrhapsody: Jul 30 2005, 04:56 PM

Yad2ckrU

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

Well if you have the HD key of both HDD`s you could try and contact Angerwound of Forza Customs as he is one of the people that can resign with the xbl auth. key that is needed for the savegame to work. Maybe he will do it, otherwise start over again like I had to when I got banned because my stupid bro went online with the chip on. I played like 3 hours and Im lvl 22 again :)

Trumpetrhapsody

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »

OK i guess i'll try to get in contact with him. Hopefully he will sypathize. I was like lvl 23 or something, and I liked my cars and stuff.

Stupid cheaters. If cheating wasn't an issue they could just tell us how to resign it ourselves.  :(

newbster

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 02:30:00 AM »

not to get off topic or nothing, but ive been trying for so long to get my games to play on live from the hard drive, like forza and halo. how did you get them to play on live from the HD?

Trumpetrhapsody

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

You can't do that. The only way to play the game off the hard drive is to have some sort of mod on. If you have a mod on while on live, you get banned. Period.

brienj

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »

As you can tell from my new signature, I am in an unfortunate situation now and will be resigning gamesaves for people like you for donations.  Contact me and I'll help you resign it.  ;)

Trumpetrhapsody

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

I already found a guy that is willing to do it, thanks though. How did you learn how to resign the gamesaves?

brienj

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Trumpetrhapsody @ Aug 1 2005, 01:00 PM)
I already found a guy that is willing to do it, thanks though. How did you learn how to resign the gamesaves?

That's great that you found somebody.  I would have done it for you for free too, I am just asking for donations now only because of my situation.  I am just fortunate enough to have learned the secret of the AuthKey, and I predict one day, it will prolly unfortunately get leaked out and everybody will know, but luckily the Xbox 360 is around the corner, so it shouldn't affect cheating online, since most people will switch to the 360 now.  :)