xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is It Possible?  (Read 631 times)

wwwavatar

• Archived User
Is It Possible?
« on: January 28, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »

has to be

yoba

• Archived User
Is It Possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply Cyguration and for pointing me in that direction!

I got some mixed results.  The jetpack references are identical in both the CIS & IMP lvl files (three in each).  The second and third instances seem to be one's I'm looking for and the second being the most promising.

This is where I'm at:

Second instance:
%0.12 > %1.00 - jetpack starts at 100% and fuel re-fills in less than a second.  Best success here.

60.15  >  0.00 - I think this is the fuel burn rate.  Seems to slow the burn rate down a bit.  It could also be a 'time reference', because the jetpack goes from 100% to 0% in about six seconds.  Changing 60.15 > 960.15 did not have any effect.

0.25, 0.24 > 0.00 > Seems to slow the burn rate down.  If I change these to 1.00 the jetpack doesn't work, (but fuel stays at the 100%).

Over writting everything after %1.00 to when the next PROP starts either crashes the game or has no effect.

Third instace: jetpack parameters

The jetpack_turnon reference doesn't seem to have a value attached to it.

There is a value of 0.0 that follows the jetpack_turnoff reference.  If I change that to 1.0 it either has no effect or it results in the jet pack not working.

If I over write turnoff with turnon it has no effect.  If I over write the entire turnoff referece (everything after the turnon reference) it either crashed the game or had no effect.

I spent a few hours trying different combinations last night.  Jetpack starts at 100% and re-fills very quickly, but I can't seem to find the magic values/area that either stop the jetpack from burning fuel or keeps the fuel level locked at the 100% level.  

So close and yet so far!  Any thoughts on narrowing it down based on the above?

Mucho!

cyguration

• Archived User
Is It Possible?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »

I don't have my other HD hooked up right now so I can't actually walk you through this number for number...

However, there are very specifc numbers that stay the same in both the lua scripts and the hex editor. If you open up the scripts in the mod tools for the Dark Trooper, Boba, Jango Fett or for the republic jet-trooper you'll find that they reference specific numbers for the jet-pack.

In my version of Battlefront 2, I increased the jump height for other jet-pack users other than the Dark Trooper. When using the mod tool scripts I usually looked for consistent numbers in the hex editor that correlated exactly to what was listed for that character in the script files.

So if the script for say, the Dark Trooper, has the burn rate followed by the jump distance, followed by the height, you might want to look for those same numbers in the hex editor, other wise it might be a wild goose chase with a lot of trial and error.

It seems like you're on the right path, though. I had a lot of game crashes in BF2 before getting it right.

yoba

• Archived User
Is It Possible?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »

I totally appreciate the help.  I finally got it!  

The individual scripts weren't jumping out at me from the tools orginally, but after some some digging I found them in Assests\sides\xyz\odf directories.  These totally had the values I needed.

So...for infinite jetpack using Jango as an example:

In a hex editor, open the .lvl file for the character from the side folder (ex CIS.lvl).  Make sure you have a back up.

Search for jetpack and look for a %0.12 value. It's 6 or 7 searches down.
I made my changes around this location:

7.0.PROP = initial jump push.  I left this.
8.0.PROP = Constant push when active.  I left this too.
Over write: 30.0....PROP with 99.0 = Acceleration.  Leave at 30 if you want.  99 rips though.
jetpack.PROP - the location
Over write: %0.12 with %9.99 =  Additional fuel per second.  
Over write: 60.15 with 60.00 =  Jet fuel cost per second.        This seems to be the one that eluded me.
Over write: 0.25 with 0.00 =  Jet fuel initial cost.
Over write: 0.24 with 0.00 =  Minimum jet fuel required.

Save and ftp over to your xbox side dir.  I haven't tested it on other characters, but the structures seem to be the same.

There's no way I would've figured this out myself.   Many thanks again for the help!