xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pc And Xbox Differences  (Read 241 times)

Hoho5000

• Archived User
Pc And Xbox Differences
« on: July 23, 2006, 12:13:00 AM »

What exactly are the differences between the PC and Xbox content of this game. I know you can use side files from the PC on the Xbox version, but the models are all messed up, and the game freezes when you try to switch to first person view. You can't, however, run the PC game with the Xbox files, so there must be some differences in the files. I'd like to be able to use PC mods with the Xbox version, but they don't work well. Any way to do this?

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
Pc And Xbox Differences
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »

I've run a modded PC mission.lvl on the xbox and it worked fine. I've only modded xbox side files and ran them but never tried PC.

The reason the game freezes when you try to switch to 1st person (FP) is because you probably aren't replacing the files in the FPM (first person models) folder. I'm not sure if the PC has that folder but the xbox does.

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
Pc And Xbox Differences
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »

I can't figure it out either....I saw this in the REP side folder for the PC, its located in the odf folder.
[img=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2738/newbitmapimagexb3.th.png]
Note it states the class of the clone commander, and the GeometryName (which I assume is the model) along with the LowRes GeometryName (just a crappy render of the model) and a file pertaining to the First Person, it also has the cape. I would assume that this file (the .odf) and a couple others are all compacted into the xbox rep.lvl. I haven't found any files other than the First Person model files that pertain to the model or geometry of an object or unit on the game disc.

This post has been edited by HarrisonFan: Jul 24 2006, 07:11 AM