xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battlefront 2 Hex Editing Tutorial  (Read 782 times)

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Hex Editing Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

Hey have you figured out how to swap weapons? Like have Commanders with infantry rifles, like the Galactic Marines? Its a good one for Mygeeto, all normal clones are galactic marines and the normal clone commander is a Heavy trooper (commander=com.bacara), like in the movie.

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

Or does swapping the characters you listed swap only the biped and not the weapon or class of trooper?

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

How do we edit the weapons? I looked through the rep.lvl and found a bunch of strings for weapons, couldn't really tell which one to change though. There was like 5-6 for the pistol. I couldn't find the chaingun though, thats the one I want.

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 01:31:00 AM »

damn the short the period of time we have to edit posts...I would if I could...anyway I saw this in rep.lvl :IPB Image

I thought all I would have to do is overwrite the chaingun and save, when I started the game I just chose a random level, geonosis and it loaded, but after like 2 secs it froze... sad.gif  I think it swapped the weapon but you may need to swap a couple of other things as well, I dont know unsure.gif ..I'll keep messing with it.

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

Okay, when you open mission.lvl, you know to control+F to find cor1_conquest right? You scroll up until you find SIDE/rep, from there you can overright any unit with thats name is longer than the unit your replacing it with. Ex. rep_hero_macewindu can be replaced with rep_hero_anakin as shown in the tut. You could also replace the rep_inf_ep3_rifleman with rep_inf_ep3_officer or you could switch the ep3 to ep2 for old clones. If you are trying to make the tutorial work, try changing just one unit instead of them all, like just swap mace for anakin and see if your doing that right.

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

There just try the one I sent to you.

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

Hey, when are you going to release that program? Even a beta would be nice, anything is better than hex-editing. Maybe we can get a couple good programmers to help us out with making just a simple app for changing characters, heroes, and Sides.

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »

OMG, ok dunno if anyone else has figured this out, but here it is, there is way to swap weapons. You can swap a chaingun for a rocket launcher, rifle for a shotgun, the fact is you can swap bazooka style weapons for other bazooka style weapons, rifles for other rifles. Just go into (I'll use republic for this..) rep.lvl and search for heavy, then scroll up to where it shows the weapons for the heavy trooper. Find the rocket and overwrite it with the chaingun. Save, ftp and enjoy a heavy trooper with a chaingun.

Obveron

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

I'd like to see a simple mod which turns off the 'on-screen' text... you know, the scrolling info on who killed who, who's got the flag etc.
The text makes split screen un-bearable.

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »

Anybody messed with weapon swapping yet? Hoho has advanced us immensly, and I've been able to achieve a number of mods I've always wanted to play. One that I enjoy the most is Mandolorians vs. Jedi in Mos Eisley. You simply open up tatg_eli.lua in the scripts folder and swap out all of the imp's heroes for boba, and the cis' heroes for jango. Then you rename rep.lvl to jed.lvl and replace all of the rep's heroes with whatever jedi you want (jed_knight_01, jed_master_01,...ect., just use darth's character list). Also rename all.lvl to jed.lvl and leave it that way. Make sure you set the max number for jango and boba to about 25 and a min of 5 ("imp_hero_bobafett",   5,25). If you do this right, and I know I wasn't that coherent, you'll have a b!tchin battle to go try out. I like this one the most because its balanced and fun. The jedi have lightsabers and regenerating health, but they take a lot of damage from a few shots. The mandos are just advanced infantry with jetpacks. If your on the jedi team, you just got to rush em or sneak up. If you're on the mando team, just let the jedi come to you, get a couple of shots off and then jet up and fire a wrist rocket, which will actually kill every time due to the jedis' weak defense. The flame thrower is nice to have when they get too close too. Same with saber block.

I just wanted to know if anyone had figured out how to swap a bazooka style weapon (chaingun or rocket) for a rifle (rifle,shotgun,sniper). I've already succeded in swaping rifles for snipers and rockets for chainguns, but I haven't found anything pertaining to what I'm asking about.

MoonTar

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »

Wait, so can you play maps that people have made for the PC on the Xbox? I downloaded a map from filefront, and replaced the mission.lvl and added the map into the _LVL_XBOX folder and all the other good stuff, but when I tried to play the game, but it wouldn't load. So I went back and replaced core.lvl with the backup and the game ran, but when I tried to play a game it said "There is a problem with your disc...". Which I wasn't even using a disc. So I replaced the mission.lvl and it ran fine, but I couldn't play on the map I downloaded. So do I need to combine the 2 mission.lvls to get the map to show up? Or is it just not possible.
Pages: 1 [2]