xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Battlefront 2 Subforum  (Read 643 times)

darthgrizavy

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« on: March 20, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

How could we go about get a battlefront 2 subforum.  It is a very hackable game and I believe there are many people that are interested.

kurt_powers69

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 02:31:00 AM »

I'm interested  biggrin.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

Make a topic in the Suggestions forum and see what the admins say.  

Last time a new subforum was created (Half Life 2) there was already a very lengthy and active thread going here, which sure helped I imagine.  

Enough interest often gets attention, but progess and activity gets results.

This post has been edited by Xombe: Mar 20 2006, 04:07 PM

Infinite_Matrix

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

speaking of half life 2.... I would hope to see some more users join us in modding this game.  But as for Battlefront 2, as Xombe had said to put it in the suggestions forum and I'll vote for you since I too have played this game and seen all of the things you can do and how much fun it would be to mod it.

Props wink.gif

darthgrizavy

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

I've already started some work on the mission.lvl file and modified it, its very easy and you can get tutorials from http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/f.../Tutorials;6116. The hex editing guides are great for pc and the xbox.  So far I've gotten coruscant to load with CIS as Jedi.  I had to remove all the classes from the republic except for the rifleman and used 2 jedi on the other side but now it wont crash, i think it took too much memory.  Ill put a  message in the suggestions and see what happens, but BF2 people show your interest by posting in this forum.

If anyone is interested in the mission.lvl hacks heres some info.  I took a modified mission.lvl file for the PC which pits jedi and clones vs eachother and put it into the BF2 directory in the xbox and overwrote the xbox mission.lvl file, and the xbox played the mission.lvl file for the PC.  
I've started making my own hex edits although I'm still confused on how to make different sides play on the same side, like a republic clone commander on a team with a droideka vs a jedi and tusken raiders.  So far I have been able to modify the teams and have jedis vs republic or alliance vs cis but thats it.  No mixing and matching yet.

kurt_powers69

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 04:12:00 AM »

Yeah I'm going to follow these tutorials, I've got a few ideas for mods. How would I go about making a patch (like the ppf thing for halo). Can hex workshop compare the differences in the 2 files and make some kind of patch?

Would like to see this subforum be created, and some tools to open the .gob files created.

darthgrizavy

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

Everyone vote for the Sub-forum here http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...1&#entry3313831.
Some people have already voted against it.  You guys need to post your concerns we need 10 people.
ips patches seem like a great idea but if not we can share the mission.lvl files I believe, they are shared all over the place for the PC.

slayer410

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

I posted it for it. biggrin.gif

Trulife8342

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Hey everyone, Im Trulife, most people would know me from the Halomods.com community, But im in GAMA (gamers and modders assiociation) And this game caught my eye, Once I looked into the .lvl format me and my friend thought it would be fairly easy to mod, we are making a class extractor so you can edit things easier, So expect a program by tomorrow, Hopefully with the release of this tool people will start a sub forum for the game, At the moment all I can say the program does is extract the classes, But the final version will have many more features so ill post some pics by tomorrow afternoon, And ?'s AIM me at Trulife1337

Trulife

Trulife8342

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

heres a picture of the BETA of the program, here it shows all the classes there size and offset

(IMG:http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/724/program1rz.jpg)

ACharmedMatrix

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »

Damn, can't wait for the realese...

gta_hack3r

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for the work.

kurt_powers69

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

Nice work truelife. Darthgrizavy and I have made a lot of progress in modding the game, I'm not going to say much though.

Lookfilms

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »

hi.
Are you guys just changing settings and textures or is there any possibility to get the 3d models from the game files? I wish that was possible :/. I would edit those 3d maps, i use 3ds max.

dre74

• Archived User
Battlefront 2 Subforum
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

On one of the other forums I frequent someone claimed that they were playing on xbox live and there was someone who took all the bases at once and could not be booted. They claim that it was a game mod, is there such a hack that allows a play to cheat on live?

This post has been edited by dre74: Jun 12 2006, 06:50 AM
Pages: [1] 2