xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Cheats  (Read 951 times)

gokussj4golden

• Archived User
Using Cheats
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »

First of all thank you for your great work, I really enjoy using your emulators.
I got bored one day and tried to figure out how the cheat function worked, I messed around for a couple of hours. I figured most of it out but I'm still not sure how to search for and exact value if the the value is above 255. The game I am using this on is finalfantasy dawn of souls. I want to max out my health but the most I can get it to is 255, which since I started the game isn't such a bad thing. I as for what i'm having problems with is Money. In most games 255(gil,gold,yen,etc...) isn't a lot so how can I increase that to the max or atleast 50000 or something.I know someone out there on the web has the cheats for it but I'm really curious about how this function works.

Thank you in advance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif).

Also if I made a mistake and posted this in the wrong section I'm really sorry.

This post has been edited by gokussj4golden: Dec 22 2009, 05:08 AM

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Using Cheats
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »

A rule of thumb that I use is when you are trying to find a value in a game that is over 255, such as 50000, take the value a digit of the score at a time.

What you would do is start at a number like 0 or 1 "gold" and start a search, get some gold but try to make it a small number so that you do not enter the tenths place. Pick up 2 or 3 if possible as you want it as low as possible so that you have more chances to search for the changes.

When you find the value for the ones place, edit the code to reflect 9 and apply that as a cheat so that your gold's ones place is at 9. Go back to the game and check that your "gold" is at 9. Shut the code off and start a new search for the value of 0 (the tenths place of your "gold"), then pick up some gold to push you just into the tenths place (10 - 19) and search for the exact value of 1. This will get you the value for the tenths place which gives you the possibility of "gold" codes as high as 99.

Repeat this process until you get control over the ten-thousandths place. Set the value of this last code to 5 and no matter what, you will always have at least 50000 gold.

This method only works for some games. It depends on the way the game is coded.

This post has been edited by xboxmods2977: Dec 22 2009, 05:43 AM

gokussj4golden

• Archived User
Using Cheats
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »

Always nice to get a reply (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I never really thought of it that way so thank you, but I figured something else out that's working great and is a bit less complicated. If you can lock in on the value you want for an example gold/money,health,exp?,etc... you can change the value first to 255 or wait and pick the option "go to this location on memory dump" once you are there select that line and select a value and choose the option poke value, from there you can mess with some of the values to go beyond the 255 limit. but I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing really. What's is the memory dump and how I can be sure I'm increasing the right value is my new problem. I'm currently working on an exp. cheat for ff game and even when I change the value in the memory dump location I only get 255 still.

tristanx

• Archived User
Using Cheats
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »

i'm curious if there is a way to have a cheat database similar to zsnes and fbl, or if there is a already a file that can be added to the emu... where is it?

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
Using Cheats
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 01:53:00 AM »

You're in the right place guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

There are cheat databases in the works for many of the new Xport Madmab Ed. emus.

There already is a full cheat data base now for the new: Madmab Ed. MednafenX -NES beta.
(built in of course)

tristanx

• Archived User
Using Cheats
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 06:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mega Man (?) @ Feb 10 2010, 12:53 AM) *

You're in the right place guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

There are cheat databases in the works for many of the new Xport Madmab Ed. emus.

There already is a full cheat data base now for the new: Madmab Ed. MednafenX -NES beta.
(built in of course)

neat O