xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)  (Read 5981 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »

I'll have to send you the config file for what I did with the dragon on the SNES on Gilles' skins.  Actually, I'll have to upload the entire skin so you have the dragon in the right folder.

It's like my FULL TILT config, but because of the shape of the SNES boxes I was able to have a large amount of space underneath the box/screenshot area that I have a cool effect going on with the dragon.

It's kinda like this:

<------(NINTENDO)------>

The Nintendo logo is about 1/2 transparent right in the middle of the path of the dragon.  The arrows above represent the dragon sprites that spin around and sway from left to right over the logo at a relaxed pace, like a pendulum.  

Unfortunately, anything I did could not make the Dragon float in front of the logo, so I had to put a somewhat transparent version on top of it, but it still looks good.

Hopefully we can have better control over which sprite is over the next in future updates (madmab  happy.gif )

dballs442

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »

ok so i transferred this emu to my new box and all the nes games are all muted. i cant get any sound at all in game. bgk music and sounds in emu are ok just in game. no joystick movement does any thing

dballs442

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

i fixed it by deleting the ini on the E:/SAVES folder. i replaced it with the one that came with res xtras. then i just had to reconfigure the skin and folders and it all works fine now.

question. why is the volume on the left thumbstick? when all the other volumes in every other app is on the right thumb stick.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »

There's 3 or 4 different volumes to control.  The in-game music/sound and the skins BGM are controlled by the right thumbstick (Up & Down/Left & Right).  I can't remember which volume is controlled by the left joystick at the moment, but it was because there was no more room to do it on the right.

dballs442

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »

my in game volume is on the left joystick. took my a while it was there. didnt know why the volume kept lowering lol. seems like the right one in game dont do anything. could be mistaken

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »

When V11 is released everything will be moved into a seperate menu, but keep in mind the volume controls are still mapped within the game so it is usually a good idea to unmap them.

X-port used to get around this by resetting the volume to full on each game load.

FrankMorris

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2010, 06:24:00 AM »

If any skinner out there needs XPort Emulation logo at specific size, let me know. I can also share the actual .blend file, if someone want to adjust lighting, camera etc..

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »

That feature kinda got removed once I switched to dual preview skin support.  So atm it doesn't work.  I would have to put the feature back in.  I guess I figured no one really used it since a movie typically "conveys" what a game is about better than a screenshot.

YRUSirius

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

Yeah, I see what you mean. A movie definitely conveys what the game is about.

But I found scrolling through the game list with instant movie playing delivers a very "hectic" experience for game selection. I liked that old delay between title screen and the preview demos, I could scroll through "game title screens" and when I waited some seconds the movie played. Like an old arcade machine, right? Get what I mean? An easy solution might be a quick new variable hack-in like "movie delay" and a quick wait loop for "movie delay" seconds before playing preview movies. This combined with the title screen beneath the movie preview could deliver the old experience. Just a suggestion. smile.gif

-YRUSirius

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »

Do you mean along these lines.
Video and/or Action screenshot to the top and Title and BoxArt below.

IPB Image

YRUSirius

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »

Oh, another thing: A movie delay could help with the streaming of movie previews from a pc to the xbox through relax or samba, because if you scroll fast with the triggers of the controller the scrolling begins to stutter, cause the box tries to copy files constantly. With a movie delay playback, the box would wait a set time before it would copy over the selected movie to play and fast-scrolling could be smooth again. The scrolling experience might become smoother for those who use movie streaming.

QUOTE(cbagy @ Apr 18 2010, 05:32 AM) View Post

Do you mean along these lines.
Video and/or Action screenshot to the top and Title and BoxArt below.

IPB Image

Nope, actually I meant the title screen to be _under_ the video. So the movie would actually start to play on top of it, the movie taking the same size and exact position as the title screen under it. The old xport versions offered that option so one could scroll through the title screens and if I'd want to see a gameplay preview I'd just keep the selection for like 3 seconds on it and the title screen would disappear and the movie would appear instead in its place. Well, I kinda like ressurections Fulltilt.ini for madmabs nes edition with that big preview window for movies. I'd just like to use this in combination with the title screens before the preview movies start. I can do this with the old xport emus but unfortunately they don't seem to support preview movie streaming, so unfortunately I can't have the good of both worlds. xD

-YRUSirius

(Yes, I got the movie streaming working with madmabs edition - that's a great feature btw, thanks alot!)

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »

lol, we posted at the same time.

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »

I see, well the top large picture is actually the video running (with action shot in the same location) but as its a staic pic it looks like a static action shot.
I know what you mean now, if the Movie preview had a delay option then the artwork would be shown till it advanced to the movie.

Sorry no damn edit feature for me, lol
The actual Screenshots still work in the old Xport style manner.
Titles and Action shots can still be configured in the manner that you mention.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »

You know.. I think I'll go ahead and add that feature.  As it is right now (believe it or not it waits 3 hundredths of a second).  But I've always considered increasing the delay because of a similar experience (or having it stop copying the movie file if the user presses on the dpad).

In the meantime one other way you can help "alieve" this is by setting "show screenshot while scrolling" to No and use the left/right triggers.

I never did anything about this because I never had any feedback on it.  I think I was the only "tester" using streaming movies.

YRUSirius

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »

Cool, I'm glad that I could provide feedback about that feature. I believe it could be an important part of all your new emulators because of all those without the money or time (or because other restrictions) to install a bigger HD into their Xboxes.

@cbagy
Yup, title and action shots work that way. The cool thing about variable movie delay would be that someone could combine that with the title, the action shot and then the movie all in one place, if they want to.

-YRUSirius
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]