xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)  (Read 6191 times)

louie09

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »

Thanks for putting up this post. Your hard work is definitely appreciated.

Regards,
Louie
prĂȘts travaux

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »

I'm trying to put together a skin for this emulator. The problem I'm having is that I enter the in-game options and adjust size and position of the screenshot, but when I next start the emulator it's gone back to the top right hand corner. I've even tried manually editing the skin_settings.ini but it doesn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

Have you tried saving the skin configuration when you have everything the way you want it?

I'm not sure how much you know about the subject from the boards, and I never looked at the documentation available so I don't know how much of a help it is to you.

There is a new feature where you can create and save many different skin configurations within one skin now.  When you make all of your changes, you need to select "Save Skin Configuration" in the Skin Configuration menu.  Name it whatever you want, then leave the emulator and come back and see if it works for you.  

Play around a bit with Gilles' skin first to get the hang of it too.  He included many images to mess around with and see what you can come up with.  It's really a great system and I'm excited to see how inventive people can get with it once they figure it out.  It took us months of going back and forth on things to get it where it is at today.

Let me know if that works for you.

~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »

Thanks for the exact spot Frank.

Where's your skin at man?  I haven't seen you post any screenshots about it for a long time.  It looked cool.  I'd love to see them and cbagy's stuff in with the standard Gilles skins.  

Something else I'd love to see is somebody updating the awesome SMB nes skins and the Sonic skin and Bonk skin for dual previews.  I mean REALLY see it updated so the end user could control all sorts of stuff on it.  With all that cool animation I bet you could do some awesome things with those skins if they were compiled right.

FrankMorris

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »

Originally there was sprite like this in the loading screen, but then I realised that there isn't actually loading times, so I decided to give up with it. tongue.gif

IPB Image

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »

Sweet.  Maybe I'll find some time to play around with it tonight.

That image with the dragon could be used somewhere else.  Do you still have the sprite folder in there with the download?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »

Cool... I will.

Interesting... did you somehow manage to get the title shot and action shot to show up in two separate windows, or is that a photo-manip showing the video playing with a screenshot?

BTW... I love the intro image.  By now, the image of the Dragon is synonomous to Madmab for me.  Having it there on the splash screen is like saying Madmab Edition without saying it.

What seems to be cool about your skin is that we could pretty easily port it over to all the emulators.  From the screenshots, all I think we'd need is an intro splash screen from you for all of the emus.  In the emu itself we'd need a screenshot for a popular game from the system to go in the background and we have plenty of those.

Of course, if you wanted to be really professional about it, we'd need screenshots of your configurations so they'd show up when you scrolled through them to see what they look like.  Probably a few other things to differentiate between them.

Thanks for uploading it.

Later,
~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrankMorris @ Oct 23 2009, 04:16 PM) View Post

Originally there was sprite like this in the loading screen, but then I realised that there isn't actually loading times, so I decided to give up with it. tongue.gif

IPB Image
Ooooh shiny....  There is a delay option in there somewhere to set how long the opening title screen waits.  But what you would probably have to do is set the sprite to continuosly animate.  I forget the exact wording.  Gilles could probably explain it better..

FrankMorris

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »

Currently there is little reflection effect like below, but it's hard to detect, cause somehow I set it to 1 sec with no loop. smile.gif

IPB Image

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2009, 01:50:00 AM »

Sweet Frank!
I was waiting and wondering when we were going to see and hear more about your skins...
Nice work man
thanks
beerchug.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrankMorris @ Oct 23 2009, 03:16 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Lots of cool stuff you can do with this image in Gilles skins Frank.  

Currently on the SNES setup I have a video preview towards the left middle that takes up about 65% of the screen.  Towards the right hand side at the top (under the banner) I have the Boxart & Screenshots, and beneath that I have a real cool setup.

First I have the "XPORT - SNES9XBOX" green image that Gilles uses on the splash screen in the bottom right corner.   Just a bit above that I have the Nintendo logo, but it's transparancy is turned way up so it's just a faded image above the background.  Then using the movement options and the Top/Bottom/Right/Left settings I've managed to make your picture above kind of sway back and forth like a metronome over the Nintendo logo.

It really looks freaking great.  

I never knew that you could have that much control over animation.  There are still some things that annoy me about how one picture will always overlap another no matter how you switch them around.  For some reason Frank, your spinning Dragon always seems to hide out behind other images and the only way I can get it to look good layered over something is if I have the transparency turned way down on the other image like I do with the Nintendo Logo now.  Very frustrating that we haven't figured this annoyance out yet.

All of this makes me think that we could benefit from alternative images to play around in these skins Gilles.  

1) What would be cool is to have a "Madmab Edition" logo without the dragon, for starters.  I wanted to incorporate the "Madmab Edition" logo in this, but it doesn't look right having a dragon snapping to the right of it when you're using the rotating one too.  

2) It would also be cool to have a madmab snapping logo that was separate from the logo, so you'd just have the dragon snapping.

3) I guess any cool images/logos you can think of which would be generic and work on any of the skins.  I'm a huge fan of your ability to make images which have invisible backgrounds.

What do you think?

EDIT:  Oh, Frank... how rude of me.  I tried out your skin and it looks great.  So simplistic in its design but you can tell that a lot of top shelf effort and skill went into it.  The splash screen just puts the icing on the cake.  Here's hoping you port this at least to all of the emulators I'm making Xtras for.  Thanks for sharing.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

No fix for that mapper yet.  XT got about 6 games working by adding mappers.  I don't know if he's worked any more on this yet.

dballs442

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2009, 03:43:00 AM »

so this may be a stupid question but why is it called V10.5pb and v12b. im confused.

dballs442

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

so i dont have the latest version? if mine says 10.5pb on the main menu?

EDIT: now i have 10.6pb is that the latest?

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

Hey dballs442
Yes, I believe that is the latest version.
I think the "v12b" is just an overlooked typo. smile.gif
(meant to say v10.2b)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8