xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)  (Read 5983 times)

gilles9999

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(boubou123 @ Jul 29 2009, 05:43 PM) View Post

- i would like to make a "fresh install", and in the ressurectionXtras thread i have 2 choices "screenshots (06-09-09)" or "Enhanced Artwork [FINAL] (06-09-09)" wich one must i choose?

Enhanced Artwork [FINAL] (06-09-09) is the best choice, like princess peach said, with the old screenshots system YOU CAN'T HAVE DUAL BOXART/SCREENSHOT, with the enhanced artworks by rsX you can, just use romcenter to rename your roms man

- i like the rumbles and gamegenie codes you have put, but sometimes the rumble is to low and sometimes the rumbles is setted too strong in my opinion, is there a way to change them?

Yep, you can thanks Megaman(?) who has made many(all?) of them, and me for the rumbles smile.gif ;yay, all those rumbles have been created with my "s" controller, so it is hard to set the perfect values that will be ok for everyone; i don't remember exactly, but you can set all the rumbles values in the "cheat option" menu (just search a little in the "ingame option menu"  wink.gif )

p.s.: funny to have a sort of "nes museum" (synopsis,boxarts,videos etc...) in my xbox; father Bill gates can be proud of his product tongue.gif

Yep, we will never see system "easy to hack" like the Xbox1  in the future unfortunatelly (in the actual consoles,ps3,360 there is a loooooooot of security); and in the future it will be even more harder muhaha.gif
Here we are thinking too, the xbox gives us great old school feeling you can't have in front of a pc monitor with it's superscaled pixels) our old tv's are perfect for the low resolution graphics  smile.gif

Xmodder deluX

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

Hey guys.  Great work with the release and everything.  I tried it and I am having problems with the cheat codes for Mario 1 and 3.  When I search cheat database for codes for these games the xbox freezes?!?  I was looking forward to playing these games with the rumbles.  Any ideas?

P.S. Other games such as Mario 2 and Double Dragon 2 work, so what gives?

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xmodder deluX @ Jul 29 2009, 05:25 PM) View Post

Hey guys.  Great work with the release and everything.  I tried it and I am having problems with the cheat codes for Mario 1 and 3.  When I search cheat database for codes for these games the xbox freezes?!?  I was looking forward to playing these games with the rumbles.  Any ideas?

There is probably a problem with the codelist.inf file at that point.  I'll have to look at it when I get back.  I'm out of town.  Megaman(?) might be able to figure out what it is before then.

It's kinda hard to test all those codes.  laugh.gif  But anways fixing them should be relatively easy.  The codelist.inf file is pretty much just a text file.

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 06:42:00 AM »

So I need to download the "Enhanced Artwork" for dual images.

I'm not to sure which thread to find that in. There's so many different threads on xbox-scene relating to this project. Not sure if I overlooked it, but I'm having trouble finding this "Enhanced Artwork" for the nes skin.

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to it? smile.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »

Check my stickied thread in the emulators section.  Anything that's available is at the top of that thread. smile.gif

BlueSlingShot

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

Excellent work guys. Thanks for everyone's contributions in this. I say the hell with the new games for 360/ps3. Bring on old school Contra in 720p cool.gif.

You know when your getting old when you'd rather play games from your childhood rather than the next gen stuff lol.

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »

Wow,
I know 10 times more people are actually using this stuff then who are commenting, but I am surprised and pleased to see so many come out and comment. biggrin.gif
Thanks for all the support guys! smile.gif

Madmab,
I will look into the "Super Mario" Game genie problems.
I stopped at letter "R"...remember laugh.gif

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

OK, I still cannot get dual boxart/screenshots to appear at the same time, even after downloading the Enhanced Artwork

In my "nes" folder on my xbox, i have the following

"backrounds"
"emuskins"
"media" (this has the Enhanced Artwork Files/Folders)
"nesroms"
after those folders are all the files that make up the emu

Now, I tried renaming one of my roms to match the name of the pics for that particular game
For instance, "Addams Family"

I renamed my rom to say "Addams Family" which is zipped by the way, I load up the emulator, and when i hover over the rom "Addams Family" nothing appears in the boxes.

So then I went to the beginning of this thread, and it says to change the "Media" Directory. So I changed that to point to

F:/emulators/nes/media/artwork

it then asked me if I wanted the movie folder to act in the same way *nice auto feature by the way smile.gif* so I said yes.

now i went back to my roms, and when I hover over "Addams Family" I still got nothing????

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You smile.gif

EDIT nevermind, i figured it out! I had the directory going directly in the "artwork" folder, where I should've had the directory going right into the "media" folder smile.gif WORKS!!!! smile.gif smile.gif

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »

it might be me, but can you guys save playlists on this version? i had to make a playlist (on pcsxbox v20, to be exact), and now, i can play that one, but i can't play any other playlists i'd made before this emulator was released.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xmodder deluX @ Jul 29 2009, 05:25 PM) View Post

It's an issue with the number of CRC's for those games (most of which are probably bad dumps anyways).  Pretty much if a game had more than 48 crc's in the cheat code list it will bomb if you try to select it.  You can either remove the crc's you don't need, or just download my newly edited list.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HL77AYLH

QUOTE(Koitsu @ Aug 2 2009, 04:09 AM) View Post

it might be me, but can you guys save playlists on this version? i had to make a playlist (on pcsxbox v20, to be exact), and now, i can play that one, but i can't play any other playlists i'd made before this emulator was released.

I created a list and loaded a playlist from back when I released atarixlbox and they both seem to work fine.  Most x-port emu's store the playlists in the saves directory (wherever you have that pointed to) under a "PLAYLISTS" directory.

They also store the song names WITH the absolute pathname.  So if you moved those mp3 files since, that may be the problem as well.

But I did discover another issue with the "Music Control Menu" where the "Go to next/previous song" options weren't working.  So I fixed that and it will be available in the next release, whenever that is.

Anyone else having issues with the playlists?  I never had any issues but then I don't use them much.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(infidelity @ Jul 28 2009, 10:11 AM) View Post

1. I believe to have found a bug in the emulator. There's a feature in the emulator where your able to cycle through whatever screenshots you have for whatever game is highlighted. If however you highlight a game, that has no screenshots at all, and cycle, the emulator will crash.
Looks like it only does it if you press "left" on the left analog stick.  For now just don't do it.  laugh.gif  But I have fixed it for the next release.

Thank you for your report.  biggrin.gif

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 05:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Aug 3 2009, 04:10 AM) View Post

I created a list and loaded a playlist from back when I released atarixlbox and they both seem to work fine.  Most x-port emu's store the playlists in the saves directory (wherever you have that pointed to) under a "PLAYLISTS" directory.

They also store the song names WITH the absolute pathname.  So if you moved those mp3 files since, that may be the problem as well.

But I did discover another issue with the "Music Control Menu" where the "Go to next/previous song" options weren't working.  So I fixed that and it will be available in the next release, whenever that is.

Anyone else having issues with the playlists?  I never had any issues but then I don't use them much.

nah, i didn't move anything, and i'd only made two other playlists before i picked up this emulator, and both were for the pcsxbox (v20). i have to go back to a different emulator to save a playlist, as this one will create the playlist file that i create, but it won't save any songs to one, leaving them blank. i checked in the playlists folder, and i found the new playlists that i created, but the m3u files were blank. once you "add one song to playlist" by pressing the A button, that's it, right?

also in the "Music Control Menu" when i select "View Currently Playing Playlist," instead of showing the two songs currently saved on the playlist that works, it only shows the first two games in my "nesroms" folder, or the first two files in whatever folder i set music directory to. and whenever i switch skins, the music directory will display whatever directory i saved, it just still goes back to the default (?) directory, "nesroms," until i go back and set the music directory again.

another thing when i'm selecting games, the default directory, i assume, is the nesroms directory, but it only displays as 'D:/'. the directory display at the top of the list is one folder behind. so if i'm in 'D:/emuskins', it says "D:/', and when i'm in "D:/emuskins/Static Mario (SNES Style)', it says 'D:/emuskins'.

my NES folder is in the F:/emu folder, if that matters. i know that the D drive listed up there is just for default, but maybe it's weird that my folder's in the F drive instead of E.

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 06:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Koitsu @ Aug 3 2009, 12:13 PM) View Post

another thing when i'm selecting games, the default directory, i assume, is the nesroms directory, but it only displays as 'D:/'. the directory display at the top of the list is one folder behind. so if i'm in 'D:/emuskins', it says "D:/', and when i'm in "D:/emuskins/Static Mario (SNES Style)', it says 'D:/emuskins'.

[EDIT] yeah, ignore that part. apparently, it's always done that. i guess the top directory is just to show you what folder that would lead to. i just hadn't noticed that before. id've happily deleted that part if they allowed us to edit our posts.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »

Interesting to see these things.  Stuff none of us ever caught since it wasn't our own personal focus.

I've never paid any attention to the play lists myself, except to say that it would be cool to have some sort of randomizer and more good songs to play so each time it starts up it plays a different song.

I've also had a great deal of artwork since you started doing this madmab, so i never would have seen that other bug either.

Progress  cool.gif

Thanks for the reports guys.

~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »

ok I fixed the problem with the "view playlist" showing directories instead of the first two songs in a playlist.  I'll reupload this to Xbins (overwriting the last upload) as well as putting up a standalone XBE for those who do not feel like downloading everything for one little fix.

Anyways here is a summary of the latest fixes/changes.

Potential bugs:
+ playlists made with other x-port emulators not working in MednafenX-NES.

Fixes:
+ Fixed issue where games that had more than 48 CRCs in the cheat code database would cause a crash when game is selected while searching for cheat codes.

+ Fixed issue with the "Music Control Menu" where the "Go to next/previous song" options were not working.

+ Fixed issue where cycling thru screenshots when non-available would create an infinite loop.
+ Fixed issue where "View playlist" did not show the first two songs.

+ Fixed issue where "pause" would still display even after changing songs while viewing the playlist in "clear screen" mode.

General ToDo:
- Improve how the cheatcode database allocates RAM

Just a side note.  For now games that had more than 37 CRC codes in the cheat database will show up twice in the list until I get around to doing the above listed "ToDo".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8