xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)  (Read 5979 times)

Meethatguy

• Archived User
Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 09:20:00 AM »

Awesome to see that people are still working on the greatest homebrew system ever made.
Luckely I can now get Xboxes for $10 in bulk at my shop  lol.

I havent installed it yet because im so used to FCE,  but the screenshots look amazing.

Keep up the work.
Now all I need is a proper Ps1 emu that doesnt have to have different core settings amongst other things for each game I play   lol.

Again,  your work is very much appreciated here.

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »

Congrats on finally getting this out in the wild!
 love.gif

waal

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 11:59:00 AM »

Outsanding work. Congratulations to the whole team.

This post has been edited by waal: Yesterday, 08:00 PM

juntistik

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 12:25:00 PM »

I'm a little confused on this release here. Does this come with the screenshots/boxart preinstalled? Like with Surreal 64? Or do you have to add all the boxart/screenshots manually like all the other emulators?

Beautiful release. I'm so happy you are keeping the xbox homebrew legacy going. I will try it out soon as xbins stops acting up for me. Thanks again.

princess peach

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 12:28:00 PM »

Congrats to the whole team! We are still playing nes with my boyfriend in 2009 on our xbox thanks to guys like you!

edit: we have always wanted infos for our games (too lazy to spend hours on the Internet to search for infos for our obscure ones), it's really a huge and great work you have done!
We have ~500 nes games and the synopsis is displayed for almost 80% of them, in fact the synopsis is generally not displayed for our jap roms, is it normal?

For the moment we are using "sdtv big boxart big screenshot setting", and have downloaded the ressurectionXtras,our screenshots and boxarts are displayed in the same time; we haven't downoaded the videos previews yet
Is it possible to display videos when there is one, and display screenshot when there isn't videos?

This post has been edited by princess peach: Yesterday, 08:40 PM

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »

hey madmab, congrats on the pre-release!! sorry i havent sent this to you yet, i had to wipe the hard drive on the pc with the all the files i had. no biggie though as i can easily have it back.

im in the process atm of redoing it, im just glad i saved it when i did! keep an eye out here in the next day or two, these are mapper fixes for mapper #2-now plays best of the best karate, paperboy II (no more grey screen) and also mapper #138 i beleive which is crime busters. I post back with a detailed list.

don't want to de-rail the thread here, great job man! i look forward to trying this out. Ill be messaging you in a day or two with the adquete files.   pop.gif

XT-

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(princess peach @ Jul 27 2009, 03:28 PM) View Post

edit: we have always wanted infos for our games (too lazy to spend hours on the Internet to search for infos for our obscure ones), it's really a huge and great work you have done!
We have ~500 nes games and the synopsis is displayed for almost 80% of them, in fact the synopsis is generally not displayed for our jap roms, is it normal?

At this point the only Japanese games that are covered are the ones that are part of the RessurectionXtra's.  But the Synopsis is designed in such a way that they can easily be added.  In fact if you have a game who's description you know is in the synopsis, but it doesn't come up.  Report the CRC that is displayed to us so we can add it.  You can easily add it yourself but by telling us it allows us to update the master synopsis file.

So if someone is willing to add descriptions for some missing stuff feel free to volunteer.  Be sure to see the synopsis hot potato thread and co-ordinate thru RessX.

QUOTE(princess peach @ Jul 27 2009, 03:28 PM) View Post
For the moment we are using "sdtv big boxart big screenshot setting", and have downloaded the ressurectionXtras,our screenshots and boxarts are displayed in the same time; we haven't downoaded the videos previews yet
Is it possible to display videos when there is one, and display screenshot when there isn't videos?
Yes gilles999 has been gracious enough to set up his skins so that if there is no movie to display it will show the action and title shots (if available).  I personallly stream the movies off of a PC using a relax share.  Samba works as well but has a tendancy to timeout for some oddball reason.

QUOTE(XTecuterX73 @ Jul 27 2009, 05:32 PM) View Post

im in the process atm of redoing it, im just glad i saved it when i did! keep an eye out here in the next day or two, these are mapper fixes for mapper #2-now plays best of the best karate, paperboy II (no more grey screen) and also mapper #138 i beleive which is crime busters. I post back with a detailed list.

don't want to de-rail the thread here, great job man! i look forward to trying this out. Ill be messaging you in a day or two with the adquete files.   pop.gif

XT-
Hey!  Welcome back.  I guess I'll have to figure out what to do with those mapper fixes.  Maybe I can upload a standalone default.xbe and tell people to download that if they want the fixes, until a full release is done.

dokworm

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jul 26 2009, 04:35 PM) View Post

Awesome to finally get this out there.  Hopefully this gets some well deserved coverage and renews some life into the scene.  Fortunately, it won't take a year for each release and there are now 16 XPORT emulators total that have been updated to some stage of the process so far.  

I'm close to getting the NES to its true "final" state as far as the Xtras go.  When I do, I'll have to make a torrent of this stuff so people don't have to go through all the BS setting it up.  I've tried to make that as easy as possible, but for the casual gamer it's still a pretty daunting task and it would be a shame if a lot of people didn't experience the full effect of all of our work here because the learning curve is still kinda steep setting the Xtras up.

Dammit.  Rules here about stuff, rules there about stuff.  Even the torrent site I frequent that allows every rom under the sun won't allow me to post anything with XBox code in it, so even though I could post every other single thing on my NES setup they'd still have to go through the bitch of a time figuring out the "usual spot" for the first time if they've never used it before just to get the emulator.  Then we've got our "other spot" but there are so little people there it's hardly worth the effort.  

Got to figure out the best way of doing this where it gets the most exposure and is set up so a 2 year old could do it.  

Please... be smart.  If you have an idea, don't post it in the open forums.  By now most of you know of other ways to get in contact with me.

Congrats to everyone involved on the release!

~Rx

Put it on alt.binaries.games.xbox
Once it is up on the newsgroups, heaps of people can access it and they don't have to worry about whether there are seeders, or any of that stuff. Then it tends to end up all over the torrent sites once the newsgroup leechers have pulled it down and started to share it in other ways.

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 27 2009, 05:52 PM) View Post

Hey!  Welcome back.  I guess I'll have to figure out what to do with those mapper fixes.  Maybe I can upload a standalone default.xbe and tell people to download that if they want the fixes, until a full release is done.

hey thanks madmab! great work again, yea man im on and off but have been through alot in the last 4 months so i hope you guys can understand, losing your mom is really hard no matter what age you are or how tough you think you are.

yea, about the mapper fixes, these mapper fixes have allowed some hacks for games like mario brothers  that didnt work before to run now. lol.

so some extensive testing is in the background im sure. give me a day or two to get it all together and ill send you the files. all you pretty much need to do is just replace the corresponding files with the new ones, im sure you already know that though.  laugh.gif  while not a breakthrough by any means a few more good games is better than none im sure. tongue.gif

once again be on the lookout madmab and everyone.

XT-

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(princess peach @ Jul 28 2009, 07:28 AM) View Post

Yea ResX Xtras are mostly suppose to be USA games I think and as Madmab said check out the synopsis.txt and post any updates you make in a seperate txt file here.

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »

I would just like to say Congrats to the entire team for their amazing dedication to this piece of work!

I have a few comments.

1. I believe to have found a bug in the emulator. There's a feature in the emulator where your able to cycle through whatever screenshots you have for whatever game is highlighted. If however you highlight a game, that has no screenshots at all, and cycle, the emulator will crash.

2. I'm a little confused on gettting dual images to appear. For example, I have Super Mario Bros 3. The screenshot folder for that game i have 3 png files in there. "000.png 001.png 002.png" a pic of the cartridge, a pic of the box, and a regular screenshot. My question is, are they supposed to be named differently to be seperate? do i need to manualy create a seperate screenshot folder or something?

3. I would like to personaly thank the team, for including my hack into the Synopsis! I feel very humbled to have found my hack,
"Megaman Ultra" in the Synopsis!  love.gif

For those that don't know what "Megaman Ultra" is, just YouTube it, people have uploaded many videos on it. You'll also find some videos of my current project Megaman Ultra 2 - The Rise of X" smile.gif

spoone

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

this is so cool !!!

hey madmab,
i am so impressed by what you (and the others) did, which is why i'd love to donate you a t-shirt.
i'm in the "custom-shirt-biz" and i think i can make a shirt for you scene-keepers who keep the good ole xbox scene alive.
i love my xbox1 ever since i had my first. (and that box is still going strong.)
f... all this hd-crap. go xbox1!
seriously, i am willing to give you and ressurectionx said shirt.
i just haven't one finished because i am telling you this right after i came across this.
and it's not me alone that is responsible, so i have to check with my mates first.
but i don't think that's a problem.
as i said, i don't have a design yet. and it could be that i can't come up with one for two to three weeks because i am in the process of opening our first shop, so, if you have an idea for a design, pm me.
also, if you don't have an idea (or don't want to design your own honor-shirt sleep.gif ), pm me anyway if you want it.
i think it should be something like "X-scene Keeper" (just a first thought).
you obviously deserve this. cool.gif

beerchug.gif
spoone

princess peach

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(infidelity @ Jul 28 2009, 11:13 PM) View Post

2. I'm a little confused on gettting dual images to appear. For example, I have Super Mario Bros 3. The screenshot folder for that game i have 3 png files in there. "000.png 001.png 002.png" a pic of the cartridge, a pic of the box, and a regular screenshot. My question is, are they supposed to be named differently to be seperate? do i need to manualy create a seperate screenshot folder or something?

I'm not sure you can have dual boxarts/screenshots with the old screenshot system if i have understand it right?
I don't know if i can help you but we have just downloaded all the new enhanced artworks "ressurectionXtras" for nes (even the videos now), put it all in the "media folder"; all was ready, we just have to rename our roms with "romcenter".
And it works!I think the hardest part was to find the wmv to xmv converter (we have searched deeply in the forums how to find it -all is in xbins finally-). Perheaps a tutorial with detailled pics should be usefull?(now all the hard work is done and you will do the same "threatment" on some other emulators?
My nes emulator is perfect big kisses! wub.gif

spoone

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Jul 28 2009, 11:13 PM) View Post

and me? I want the tee shirt with the "madmab edition" dragon on it!

yeah, you too. tongue.gif

but guys, i can't give out a hundred shirts. well, at least not at once.
and i am thinking more of a general design that more people would get. people, who keep the xbox1 scene alive and kicking in these next-gen days.
i think the xbmc devs (at least the xbox specific guys over there) would deserve one too (t3ch, for example).
so i would like to have a more general design.
if you have suggestions, pm me.

i think about opening a new thread where people can suggest someone who should get a shirt.
but who will get one is tied to the bold text above.

now i need to eat, smoke and sleep.
good night,
spoone

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(spoone @ Jul 28 2009, 05:54 PM) View Post

yeah, you too. tongue.gif

but guys, i can't give out a hundred shirts. well, at least not at once.

Gilles is one of us man.  He's definitely cool.   No Dynamic Skins without the man. cool.gif

I love the idea of a shirt, but I'm a little paranoid about the whole getting to know everybody personally (like addresses and stuff) in this questionably legal atmosphere.  I'll have to sleep on it, but I definitely appreciate the offer.  Glad to know there seem to be people here still that are interested in the updates.  

infidelity - Interesting bug there.  I never would have noticed it since I have at least one piece of artwork for each game.  Good catch.  

Like Princess Peach said, you need the "Enhanced Artwork" download to use the two-image previews.  Otherwise you're just limited to one image and the video.

Happy to have added your hack.  Stupot1 and I went through and added as many complete translations and good hacks we could find from RH.net.  (full name left out since the site may be illegal here).  We're hoping we didn't leave anyone out or miss out on any other great hacks.  BTW... how many people do you speak with there?  I tried getting in contact with them about permissions to use their info in the synopsis but nobody ever got back to me so I just went ahead and released it with all the hack/trans information from the site included (with the URL and reviewer included at the bottom of each one just like yours).  I didn't think there would be any problems, but it would be nice to know that they feel the same way.

Thanks for the hacks bro cool.gif

Princess peach - Don't see to many lady fans around here.  Glad you and your man are enjoying the hard work that went into this project.  cool.gif

Any Japan games you have that were text heavy or hard enough to read to make it not enjoyable for an English speaking player I didn't add to the Xtras (Videos/Boxart/Synopsis/etc.).  The synopsis is definitely a document that can/will evolve over time though.  If you have additions you'd like to make, or if there are games that I have included that aren't popping up for you and you need to add your CRC's just put a document together and send it to me.  If you have full games to add, please send them to me in the format used for all the games already included with the URL and any reviewer names at the bottom.  If its' just CRCs you need added, just name the game and provide the CRC and I'll see what I can do about adding them.  (I want to be the person to add things the the synopsis files personally so we dont' end up having 10 different synopsis' floating around).

XTecuterX73 - Can't wait to see your mapper fixes in the build and hope that you can figure out some of the more obscure unlicensed ones in teh future so maybe we can get Great Wall and the Chinese pirate versions of Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger to work amongst others.   Any idea if we'll ever get Time Lord working right without having to jump through a bunch of hoops?

Sorry again about your loss man.  Take your time getting back into things and taking care of the personal real life stuff that is much more important than anything we're doing here.  I dont' think any of us are planning on going anywhere for a while.   cool.gif

dokworm - Thanks for the tip.  I never learned how to use newsgroups before.  Maybe now's the time?

madmab, Gilles, MM?, Stupot1, pCe and everyone else involved.... Great work guys!  One big emu down with 1,425 videos! Who's with me on the SNES and Gameboy next???????

~Rx

P.S.  If I don't answer posts and PM's for a while, or at least as quick as usual it's because I'm going to take a little while to get some personal things taken care of and try to enjoy a little of this summer.  I've been alone in my cave too many hours missing all this nice weather.  I'll always be collecting any work you've done though and it will be there for me to incorporate when I have a few blocks of time here and there to get it in there.  And I'll still be working on synopsis stuff when I get a chance at work too.

P.P.S.  Cbagy.....????      "I thought it was a duck ?"

LOL... ain't you never heard of Adventure before?  In the land of A2600 all the dragons look like giant ducks.  It only makes sense, doesn't it?  They say that today's birds are descendants of yesterday's dinosaurs.  

BTW... I just found out from theonion.com that Adventure is getting a 3D upgrade.  Check it out....

IPB Image
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8