xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Generic Boxart/cartart Project  (Read 5008 times)

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
Generic Boxart/cartart Project
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »

In example: for nes: mario and FF hacks you use the original boxarts...?
I was hoping you would do that. smile.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

Yes... All Mario, Final Fantasy, Metroid, and Castlevania hacks use the original game's boxart (as well as any other hacked game for any other system).

I think there's only one time I actually used a Rom Hack generic boxart, and that was for a prototype or something that got hacked and it didn't have an original boxart.  

I think this gets a little confusing for somebody who just dumps all of the roms into one folder, but this is why I provide datfiles broken down by type so people can break them up properly.  There are actually so many hacks for NES and SNES that I've broken them down by game if there were more than 4 hacks for a specific title.  (Think Metroids, Marios, Zeldas, Final Fantasy's, Castlevania's).  It looks really sharp when you have HQ boxart for all of them as you scroll through the hacks.

EDIT:  Just going through a few more NES hacks now and I came up with an example of when I'd use a Rom Hack image.  We had a few hacks for Earthbound Zero, which everyone knows is a prototype/unreleased game.  Since there was no boxart originally and we used the "Prototype" boxart for that game before, I used the Rom Hack boxart for the 2 or 3 hacks we have for it now.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »

Hey Gilles,

I wanted to quick wrap up some lose ends on a few small emulators.

I was wondering if you could make up some generic boxarts for 7800 and Lynx too.

So far the only one I think we need for 7800 is the Home Brew one.  (I can't find a box/cart for Tubes anywhere... although I don't think it was ever finished on the 7800 and instead the project was taken to the Genesis from there).

I'll let you know if we need anything else.

Thanks,
~Rx

EDIT:  We'll also need a Rom Hack for "Star Wars 7800", which is a cool romhack of Xevious.

Thanks bud

EDIT 2:

Need some lynx ones too.

So... we need the following:

Lynx: Prototypes, Unlicensed, Homebrew
7800: Homebrew, Rom Hack, Prototoype
32x: Rom Hack

Thanks man,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »

Haha... beautiful!

I was just updating my thread with what LYNX stuff we need too, apparently right as you were posting that.

So we still need:

32x: Rom Hack

I'm really looking forward to getting this stuff integrated in the packs and wrapping up these two smaller Atari sets as well.  That will be about 6 or 7 emulators now with full sets.

Thanks again,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »

We have boxarts for both the X-Men and Virtua Hamster.  It's up to you if you want to make one in case another prototype comes out in the future without a box.  We don't "need" one now though.

Thanks for the 32x Rom Hack.  I prefer using the original boxart for hacks, but Stupot1 will be thrilled.

Later,
~Rx

stupot1

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2009, 08:31:00 AM »

Hey guys,

This work looks great thanks soo much for the 32x rom hack pic gilles9999 your the man  pop.gif

PS - you was on about a Splatterhouse Chrome boxart??? but we don't need one the hack is based off the japanese version so i just used the japanese boxart for the hack looks great  cool.gif

Cheers Everyone  biggrin.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »

Busy, busy, busy...

I've figured out what we need for Sega Master System and Game Gear Gilles.

These are the systems we need at the moment and which images:

Master System: Boxart Not Available, Unlicensed, Prototypes
Game Gear: Boxart Not Available, Prototypes

Thanks man.  I'll get those into the packs and finish them up whenever you get around to it.  These really look amazing in the sets.

Later,
~Rx

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »

Awesome....

What's the N.H. Immigration one though.  The image looks great and funny, but I'd rather not make any political statements if that means something I'm unaware of.  (I'm one of the most politically minded people you probably know, but I just don't feel it has a place here, which is why I don't have the Obama image in any of the skins and would have removed a Bush or Regan or Lincon or Washington image as well.)

Yep.... that's all we need for LYNX

If you ever wanted to fill in the blanks on systems and make other images that I don't mention I think it's cool man.  I'm just telling you which ones we need for the Xtras while we need them so you aren't wasting time on images on images that won't end up in my packs.

Thanks,
~Rx

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »

arf you are right, with the internet it could be judged "politically incorrect" by some good thinking groups (thought that's the same thing here in france)
political is always an ice road
damn, can't find any good "cartoonish cop" pic for our unlicensed category (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »

Cool man... Glad you understand.  I hope you can find a good cartoonish version or something differnt for it.  I think it's real cool that you integrate some different images on occasion for the different categories.

I just don't want to include any policial or religious themes in the skins.  It's not that I don't view Politics or Religion as unworthy of discussion, just that I don't think that our emus are the place.  (Of course I even encourage somebody to make a political or religiously themed skin, but it won't be included in the final production).

Think about Sinead O'Connor.... if you had an image of the Pope in one of your banners, She's want to rip the XBox in half on Saturday Night Live.   cool.gif

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »

lol i don't know that Sinead O'Connor;
so know who will be the best girl to appears in our future "unlicensed" boxarts?

cop girl number 1?
(IMG:http://img01.imagefra.me/img/img01/2/11/1/f_197go7wn76dm_9087702.jpg)

or cop girl number 2?
(IMG:http://img01.imagefra.me/img/img01/2/11/1/f_1ago5w5kudjm_f0f4571.jpg)

If anyone is choked for some reasons, don't hesitate to leave comments

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »

Duh... I think I'll use both.. duh...   cool.gif

Sure we got more than two of them that need policing...

Great work man.

Funny you don't know Sinead O'Connor.  She did that song "Nothing Compares 2 You" back in the late 80's or early 90's.  Nice looking Irish girl with a shaved head.  She was a massive success here in the states until she ripped a picture of the Pope in half on Saturday Night Live at that time.  She's been in relative exile from humanity since then.   I think I read about how she took out an ad in one of the big Irish newspapers pleading with people from her home country to leave her alone.   I think she wanted to make a point about molestation in the church, but she became a leopar instead.  

Better to keep that stuff out of here.  We got enough confrontation in here sometimes without even getting into world news.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2009, 02:17:00 AM »

Hey Gilles,

Okay.... I'm working on a few smaller emus and so far I know we're going to need a "No Boxart Available" for the Watara Supervision.  I'm sure we'll need some others, but that's the only one I know for sure now.  

That leaves us with the following needed at this point:

Master System: Boxart Not Available, Unlicensed, Prototypes
Game Gear: Boxart Not Available, Prototypes
Watara Supervision: No Boxart Available

There really isn't much to categories for Supervision, so that one image should cover any games I can't find boxes for.

Thanks bud!
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »

Emergency boxart update for 2600!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7