xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Generic Boxart/cartart Project  (Read 4801 times)

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
Generic Boxart/cartart Project
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »

sweet! smile.gif
sux about your pc unsure.gif
Good luck getting a new one. wink.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »

Great additions there bud  cool.gif

I also couldn't find boxart for these so far either:

Manchester United Championship Soccer
Waterworld

As far as I know, they're both official releases too...  (Dont' know if you want to do artwork for those games or the "No Boxart Available".  

That should probably be the last of them though since I've gone through all the official releases.  

Great idea with the BS artwork too.  I just noticed that going through them last night and I've actually been using the image you put in that pic as 0004.png for all these games.  Now I can delete those and use your boxart.  Just have to figure out which ones need it again.

Later,
~Rx

EDIT:  Damn... we need the Unlicensed SNES box for one game.... "Gamars Puzzle".  I can't find a cart of that anywhere.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »

Great work man!  And quick too  cool.gif

Yep... I believe that's everything I need to make a complete set now.  

I'm not off to the races on getting any new releases out yet but I'll just say that I'm VERY close to having the NES, SNES and Genesis fully up to code with perfect artwork sets and synopsis' (all the HD stuff we could find replacing low res or nasty looking boxes, your generic boxarts for every game that I couldn't find either a boxart or a cart for).  Of course, there is a video for every game as well (except for a few requests and any new games that come in).

I'm holding off on any releases for the moment because Stupot1 and I keep finding just a few more to add all the time.  I'm definitely getting them prepped for a final release though.  

Thanks for the great artwork Gilles, and thanks for all the vids and new games for the project Stupot1.  Hopefully there aren't as many games to add to SNES and Genesis as there were for the NES.  I don't think there will be though since the pirate and hack scene wasn't as crazy for either of those systems.

Thanks guys,
~Rx

EDIT:
for the unlicensed games (not many i think, steven seagal?)

Nah... That's a prototype game.  There's only two Unlicensed games that I'm even aware of that don't fall into the "Pirate" category.  They're Noah's Ark 3D which we already have boxart for and then some unique little puzzle game from Japan called "Gamars Puzzle" that I couldn't find any boxart for.  

Two things I factor in when deciding if a game is truly unlicensed or a pirate:

1) If it was made in US or Japan, 99.99% of the time it is Unlicensed.  Places like Taiwan, Brazil and China tend to have pirates.

2) Pirates are usually hacks of games to remove copyright stuff or change characters in a previously licensed game.   Unlicensed games are generally original games which were just released without Nintendo's/SEGA's licensing.

So.... Had only one working game that uses your Pirate pic - "Sonic The Hedgehog"

There were about 6 or 7 more pirates that didn't work, including "Tekken II" and "Picachu"

Had only one game that uses your Unlicensed pic - "Gamars Puzzle"

Had about 30-50 use your Prototype box

Had 2 use your Homebrew box.

And.... we don't need the "No Boxart Available" since you already created your own boxarts for the 3 licnesed games that I couldn't find boxart for.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 02:39:00 AM »

Just for fun with the typical "angry us cop"  tongue.gif

IPB Image

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »

Quick work there man.  They look great!

That's hard to decide there man.  Really like the cartoony one myself.  Until I noticed it was a cop though I was thinking somebody might freak about some racial stuff or something  cool.gif    

It will be a while before I can get back to this stuff and get the Genesis stuff done, but I can't wait to see these in the set on my Box.  

Hopefully this winter we'll get the complete boxart sets for all the emus that have Xtras.

Later,
~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »

Well the first cop looks like he may have ate one too many donuts.... laugh.gif

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 01:29:00 AM »

Well, if someone has some good quality pic of a "cartoonish police officer" (not officer wiggum in the simpsons please), in the style of the "mad scientist" of the previous page, please give it to us?
This little project can be completed quickly if i have all the necessary pics

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 05:26:00 AM »

nah... no need to do another one.  Those are just fine.  We may need a "No Boxart Available" one, but I haven't gotten there yet and would hate to make you do the work before I did.  

I think it would be nice to have a "SegaNet" one like the Satalleview for the SNES though.

SegaNet Wiki

Not sure if there are pics of it since it was an online service.  There are a handfull of Genesis games which were taken off of SegaNet that could use a special box.  

Maybe this one...?

IPB Image

Later,
~Rx

EDIT:  Wow... so yeah... I had a few hours to burn so I did a little bit of work on integrating your generic artwork and Stupot1's new vids and adding artwork and stuff and I noticed I have about 300 roms to go through for testing still.  Many of them are text heavy junk and clones, but still... wow.. I didn't think I had that much to do on Genesis still.  There are at least 40 more entries I've got to make for the synopsis when I get the time.  Guess I wasn't as far along on that one as I thought.  

I know the NES and SNES are much further along though.

Sure hope I can get some help on the Gameboy come wintertime though.  That one has about as many games as the NES, SNES and Genesis combined.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(dnyce1987 @ Sep 9 2009, 12:09 AM) View Post

hey giles great work on these boxart they're really cool and fill the necessary holes for all those games that don't have boxart.  May I suggest something here.  I found a really neat picture to slap on when referring to those adult nes games created by superpig such as moerro yakyuuken, sexy invaders, bishoujo sf alien battle, etc tell me wut u think <http://www.famicomworld.com/Articles/Super_Pig_Computer_Magic2.jpg>.  Also, it would be cool to create a generic box for the famicom disk system if it's possible since Nes and FDS are 2 separate systems and apply the rom hack, unlicensed, prototype, etc pictures you've created onto the FDS box cover

Yeah man... Gilles does great work.  Without him, we'd be Dynamic Skinless and have plenty of crappy blank eyesores while scrolling through the boxes.  I came up with that shit but would have been pounding sand with the idea without the artistic genius of Gilles and his Girl.  

Anyways... good idea on the FDS stuff.  I hadn't even thought of that yet.  I'll take a look at what's needed still.  There actually aren't too many games and I think we have boxart for a majority of them.  (I think I mentioned in another thread that we've added a lot more artwork/videos since the last NES release)  

Maybe we'll need some of those generic boxarts other than the Pig one which I know we do need.

Here's the pic Gilles.. I think it's perfect for those FDS Pr0n games, even the ones The Pig didn't make.

IPB Image

Can't wait to see your new stuff Gilles.  I know I've been slow releasing anything that you've made these for, but Stupot1 and I and a few others here and there are still adding new games and I want to make the next one the Final FINAL release.

Thanks bro,
~Rx

dnyce1987

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »

Hey Giles, RX we probably don't need an unlicensed generic box or prototype because all the FDS unlicensed/prototype games are prOn from what I see and we can use Super Pig to replace all of those.  All we need is a "No Boxart Available", and "Rom Hack".

dnyce1987

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »

Hey guys one last thing to add to this generic boxart project for the FDS section.  The Famimaga Series Volumes 2-5(Volume 1 has a boxart for it):

Panic Space- Famimaga Vol. 2
All 1 - Famimaga Vol. 3
Clocks or Clox - Famimaga Vol. 4
Puyo Puyo - Famimaga Vol. 5

These games do not have boxart at all, but I've done some research and I found this
<http://www.gamesetwa.../famimaga1.jpg> That little character is on every title screen of the games and we could use him and incorporate it onto an FDS box cover(Like what I hope Giles does with Super Pig and the prOn games).  Again, give me some feedback on this here and that should DEF take care of the boxart for the FDS section. Im out

-DNYCE

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »

Those pics are interesting (especially the pig)
will post the result tomorrow
Now i can (finally in hollidays) work with my girl on a pro video intro for our émus; like on our xbox games tongue.gif  (you will be able to skip it by pressing a button, don't worry  laugh.gif )
Yeah i know, lot of guys don't care about the GUI, they prefer the progress on the emulator itself, and they are right!
But we can have them both (gui updates and emu updates, look at the future atarixlbox) ! so... let's go!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

Awesome man,

Hopefully you can get that SegaNet one done first since I'm in a Genesis mode now and I've got nearly all the Artwork/Synopsis sorted out for all the Unlicensed/Hacks/Protos/Pirates now.  Just got to go back and do the Japan and some Europe ones now.  I believe Stupot1 wanted to add some games we've missed too, but I'm not sure how many of the new ones I've done are already in his to-do list.

These systems really look great with this generic boxart man.  Really glad your around to make them a reality.  

Later,
~Rx

EDIT:  Here's that other FDS boxart that dnyce was talking about:

IPB Image

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »

to fill the blanks...

IPB Image

IPB Image

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

Awesome work my man!

Any chance you could get that SegaNet boxart to complete the Genesis stuff.  I do believe it's the last piece of that puzzle as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7