xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Generic Boxart/cartart Project  (Read 4950 times)

gilles9999

• Archived User
Generic Boxart/cartart Project
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »

It would be a crazy job to create one different boxart for each of the 3000 hacks for the differents systems and in that case i would certainly finish my life in an psychiatric hospital!
That's why i create those "generic" boxarts,
what would be your favorite for "rom hack"? 1,2 or 3?
Let me know 'cause i will have to create some for the other systems
(i think a wizard is appropriate, because after all, the rom hackers are some great wizards eh!)

(1)
IPB Image

(2)
IPB Image

(3)
IPB Image

p.s.: hard to answer all my pm's cause i'm on holidays, not easy to go on the Internet everydays;or else my wife will shoot my balls!

nate1579

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »

2 or 3

either one looks good

one question why wizards? just wondering

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

Ha.... I actually like (1) the best myself  cool.gif

I think the wizards are good for the hacks too.  Takes a little bit of coding wizardry to get that done.

I'm still unsure that I will use a generic hack boxart in my packs though Gilles.  Currently I use the original rom boxart for all the hacks and I think it looks quite good  (Granted it may be a little confusing for people if they just have all of their roms thrown in one folder instead of separating them into categories like me).  

I think this would only be used on the rare instance of a hack of a pirate/prototype like the hack I have in the NES set for Kart Fighter.

Still haven't made up my mind on that.

I knew there was no way you were going to do one boxart for each game.  You haven't been around a while so I figured you could just say how crazy that would make you when you got back.

If you had the time I'd LOVE to see the SNES versions soon.  I plan on doing a huge overhaul on that artwork pack and it would be nice to get these in there on the first try.

GREAT WORK!!!!

Later,
~Rx

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

hmm, I like number (1) because it feels like it would be in place with other nes art work.

Hey Gilles you could always use your box that you made and impose a screen shot of each hack, for every single one. biggrin.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif
It would be cool...

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

So choice #4 is a picture of a wizard's ass for the Hacks then?

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

I always though of you, (Gilles) as a sort of wizard. tongue.gif
#1, right on!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

Awesome work brother!

Exactly what we needed.

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

I like it! biggrin.gif
nice work gilles.

One thing I would say is that they are a lot grayer in color than the original SNES boxes.
they are of course still great
Thanks smile.gif

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

I made these just for the hell of it.. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »

Sweet!

We'll need Genesis at some point too..... going back and re-doing all that stuff won't happen until I get cracking on editing the Genesis synopsis though, and I think I'm taking a big break from that stuff after I get NES done!

Nice work there too MM?

Any chance we could get the 2600 stuff too  wink.gif

Great work Gilles.

~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Jul 25 2009, 03:41 AM) View Post

p.s.: I'm using them on my xbox, and you are right, it looks better to have them instead of a "blank" boxart.

I bet they do man.  I can't wait to get them integrated in the official sets.  

I'm sooooo behind on that and other things people have been sending me.  I still have nearly 100 new SNES videos from Stupot1 as well as the remaining NES videos.  Plus I've got PSX videos from Nate and pCe to get in there, and 30 new GBC videos from our newest helper bc54.  Then I have to upgrade the artwork packs to the HQ boxart for NES and SNES and then somehow I have to figure out the best way to convert the finalized SNES set to work with ZSNESXBox too.  (run made the XPORT pack from my ZSNES pack originally.  I never thought I'd actually be going back and re-doing that).

So... Now that I should be wrapping up the NES synopsis some time tonight I hope to complete the NES artwork pack using your badass images here.

Only one thing we forgot.........   A basic "No image available" or "No Boxart Available" or somthing like that.  Every once in a while we get a straight up official game that nobody can find the boxart for.  Maybe not much on NES or SNES, but I'm willing to bet there are a few on Genesis and more than a few on the Atari systems, especially 2600.

Any ideas for that image?

BTW... where did you get the image for that guy on the prototypes.  It's priceless.  And it's perfect for this project.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

Oh.... along with the "No Boxart Available" box, or whatever we're calling it, I have a special request for just the NES.   I have a category called "Pirate Fighters".  This is for all of the Mortal Kombat and Tekken type pirates out there.  There are probably 30 or more of these.

Got any pictures of Pirates kicking each others faces in?   cool.gif

EDIT:  Oh crap... we'll need an "Unlicensed" category too.  A lot of unlicensed games, especially US ones have boxart, but there are quite a few that don't.  Should we just use the above "No Boxart Available" for them?  Probalby...

EDIT 2:

IPB Image

How's that for the "No Boxart Found" image?  cool.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »

Pirates is perfect, The Screamer was definitely a great choice.  I love both of the images, but I think the squad car would be the way to go.  I'd laugh everytime I saw that picture, but I'm trying to keep everything relatively PG (taking great percautions to put adult games in a separate category.... mostly FDS Japan Pr0n and foul mouthed romhacks).  

Great work man.   This is exactly what the packs needed.

Thanks,
~Rx

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »

Wow man they look awesome. Well done.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »

Oh yeah.... just in case you forgot, the Pirate Fighter pic doesn't need to be done on the other systems.  That was an NES exclusive category.   cool.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7