xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Madmab Edition Synopsis "hot Potato" Thread  (Read 4349 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Madmab Edition Synopsis "hot Potato" Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »

Okay.... Finally!

Got the Atari 2600 ready to upload.  I've still got the hot potato on it though because I'm sure I'll be making more changes.  Check it out!

Look for the Xtras thread to be updated with Artwork packs and datfiles before the end of the night too.

Looks like we've got:

530 Boxart
127 Title Shots
642 Action Shots
611 Carts (and 26 Blank Carts)

And we only need 213 videos!

Here's the links to the 2600 and the updated LYNX synopsis:

[HOT POTATO = Ressurectionx]

Later,
~Rx

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »

Yes i know guys, you are waiting for my synopsis; hopefully lawdog is helping me for the last letter "s". I'll give it to you this week for sure (my work is almost finished for a 100% licensed games synopsis).
We are reaching the end my friends!

p.s.: really great what you have done with the atari 2600 synopsis resX, that was a big baby!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »

Thanks man.  SNES looks just as good.  I'd expect it to be done sometime before August (hopefully).

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »

Do we have any type of WIP SNES synopsis?  I'll need one for testing..

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »

Here's the SNES synopsis: DOWNLOAD

I'm still working on it so I still have the hot potato.

So.... you guys are done with NES for now, right?  I'll take the hot potato on that one too if you are.

Later,
~Rx

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »

Ive heard that a select few have play tested the beta and its very very very near completion. Apparently brings a whole new fresh feel to the emulation scene. So it probably wont be long now. I too have found the whole thing interesting. The wait will be worth it.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 06:51:00 AM »

Yeah... Generally anybody here who's found time in the last year to contribute to the project has at least a beta or two for their troubles.  

We didn't (and still don't) want to release anything that's very buggy to the public and get a ton of responses about fixing things we are already aware of.  There are also several other things that we want to implement before release as well.  

We figure, if somebody has gone to the trouble of making videos, working on the synopsis, adding cheat codes or any of the other misc BS that I've been trying to put together (privatley for two years before going public a year ago), than they're likely to stick around and help out more when they have working betas that nobody else has.  (Incidentally, with all of the people who now have betas in their possession, I'm still unaware of anyone who we've given them to who has leaked them)

We're defenatley not hiding anything from anyone.  It's just at this point it's far more beneficial to the entire scene to have something special to give people who really help out with the project, rather than have a thousand people download the beta, one hundred of them say thanks and then we're on our own again still.  

This method has worked great with the video creation so far.  The Atari 2600 is the first system that I actually released artwork for before the videos were done and I'm still getting help from people (at least one person) who have (has) helped on other systems because they really know how great this project is going to be when it's complete.  

When I first started the Xtras project, more than a few people bitched at me that I was being an ass for not just giving away all my hard work for nothing and telling me that I shouldn't dangle it in front of everyone.  Well.... since then we've had more than 1,000 to 1,500 videos made by a handful of members here that likely would never have been made if we didn't play the game this way.

All I can say at this point is patience... it will definately be worth your wait.

Otherwise... If you wanted to lend a hand, just say the word.

~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »

You guys are done with the NES synopsis for now, right?  

That's the next one I'm going to tackle when I release the full SNES synopsis sometime this week or next week.

EDIT:  Guys......?

I'm probably going to start working on this in the next few days, so I want to know that what we have up there is the newest.  Thanks...

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »

Hey guys!!!!

You spending too much time posting at the other site?  I need to know if I can edit the NES synopsis that's up on the main thread.  The one that was uploaded on July 4th.

Later,
~Rx

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »

For real! rolleyes.gif haha
I am losing track...

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 02:42:00 AM »

Cheatcodes DB is ready now.  So I'm pretty much ready to pack and ship this one!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 06:10:00 AM »

Glad you're all set to go...

What say you give me a few days to see if I can clean it up and add things to it?

I'm 100% sure that it doesn't even come close to containing all the roms included in the Xtras set.  Good thing is, it's got all (or at least most of) the Licensed US/Europe roms.... bad thing is it probably doesn't have many hacks/translations (I can't remember how much of that if any I did before).  I know for sure that it doesn't have the 150 or so games that Stupot1 added after the "Final" Xtras release came out.

So.... to make this perfectly clear.....

Gilles and Madmab, we are in agreement that the synopsis posted on this thread from July 4th is the most current and up-to-date NES synopsis out there and neither of you are going to make any changes on it until I post the updated one?

Later,
~Rx

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »

It's all ok for me,
i had completed the missing nes letters for the synopsis(with help of lawdog for the "s" letter).
IT IS the last known version of the synopsis

get ready!!

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »

I'm ready!!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »

Anybody know a good place to get info on Unlicensed NES games?  

That's probably the trickiest part for the NES synopsis.  Tons of unlicensed games, no real place with any info on them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7