xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Update On A Dosxbox Dynamic Skin?  (Read 871 times)

aporter727

• Archived User
Any Update On A Dosxbox Dynamic Skin?
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »

I really enjoy your skins, and just recently got into dos emulation on my xbox. It's currently one of the few without your dynamic skin, and I read you were working on it, but I figured I'd ask to see if you have any updates on it. Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your work.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:49:00 AM »

I'm sure Gilles will get to you when he gets a chance on this, but I'm pretty sure DosBox is one of the problem emus as far as memory is concerned.  I don't think any of us have explored that one much yet to see how much scaled down it needs to be to keep it from interfering with the gameplay itself.  

Hopefully we get one soon though.  And a nice Dreamcast skin!

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »

Thanks for your interest, even if the dynamic skins are here to show a preview of what you can expect about the future madmab's emus used at their full potential with the ressurectionXtras

Concerning DOSXBOX, the fact is "i need good quality pics for MS DOS, a high quality pic of the system running in action if possible:

I like the skin where you can ask a friend:

Me: Hey , you remember the good old famicom?
My friend: Uuh... Nesss? what is it?
Me: I show the main screen of the nes dynamic skin (with famicom, 2 controllers, the zapper)
My friend: AAAhhh! yes!! DUCK hunt!, super mario!!, the famous cartridge slot!!! I remember!
Me: Mission complete (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by gilles9999: Feb 24 2009, 09:11 PM

aporter727

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »

Thanks for replying, both of you. I could see where that would be a little difficult. If I can help in any way just let me know!

I'm a perfectionist (over-glorified OCD), and it's killing me not having all my emulators with the same skin.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »

DOS is both the easiest and the hardest system to get a pic of.  It probably ran on 1,000 different looking machines.  They were all a yellowish-greyish-white color, since most of them were found in office buildings when people were still allowed to smoke at their desks, so this hid the stains better than pure white casings would.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »

Your probably best off finding some image of the C: prompt (aka command prompt).  PC were pretty generic so unless you include a picture of the old IBM 8086, 80286, IBM PC Jr, or maybe even an IBM 386 model.  Your gonna have a hard time finding a good picture.

I think Dosxbox pretty much only supports up to 286 so just dig up an image of the old IBM 80286 and maybe overlay it with a picture of the old command prompt oughta do the trick.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 12:16:00 PM »

Ok, i have worked on it today, because i had lot of pm about the "famous" dynamic dosxbox skin;
an emu without personnal skin in fact.
Why the people love so much dosxbox? Perheaps there is good games on it i don't know.
A hell to find good quality pics of these crappy computers!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
I have mixed 2 pics, to have one computers with the prompt command displayed on it.

Dynamic DOSXBOX pm3 by Gilou9999 01_03_2009

(IMG:http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/3/1/gilou9999/f_dospreviewm_82aaa0f.jpg)

This post has been edited by gilles9999: Yesterday, 08:19 PM

aporter727

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 07:57:00 PM »

I REALLY appreciate your work gilles. Thank you so much for pulling through with this.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 08:52:00 PM »

Oh sweet man.... that looks great.

Yeah, there are some good games on it.  Zeliard, X-Com, and Alone in the Dark are great games.  It's really a bitch configuring them though.

Thanks for the great update.

~Rx