xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Madmab And Gilles' New Releases Thread  (Read 5176 times)

Cospefogo

• Archived User
Madmab And Gilles' New Releases Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2008, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Nov 27 2008, 06:06 AM) View Post

(..)
"pressing the left thumstick right/left to auto adcance screenshots" displayed in the top of the gameselect screen (...)

I have HEX-Edited one by one of my Xport emulators to GET RID of that annoying text.
I don't like it there, matter of fact, I don't like it anywhere.
laugh.gif

Cospefogo.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »

I vote for getting rid of that line too.

Press start for help or something like that would be pretty good I think with the controller picture.

Good idea Gilles,
~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »

Yeah I think we can change it to "Press Start for help".  I actually use "start" for other hidden things, but that's a secret.  wink.gif  tongue.gif

I say use the "s" controller since it is supposedly more widely used.  The original controller did not really last long.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »

Gilles,

In my opinion you should remove the "smoke" effect from behind the S controller
in the latest help screen. The is no need to overload the image yet more.
We have ten thousand text boxes floating all around and ten thousand guide
lines.

LESS is MORE, people.

You don't need to wear a fancy deluxe colorful atonishing clothing outfit
to appear elegant in front of you girlfriend.

tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  

Overloaded images are a menace to the human eyes.
Cospefogo.

nate1579

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »

I was looking at your new skins and i like them but could you make one for znesxbox or what ever its called sorry to be a bother

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »

What do you guys think about having multiple songs for an emulator?  I thought it might be cool if you could easily choose which song you wanted to play when it started up and if you could have it randomize which song it starts up with.  (maybe we already can do this?)

EDIT:  Wow.... I'm messing around with the NES video after moving all my directories around and you really don't notice exactly how much madmab's tweaked the ADAM emu until you try configuring another emu that hasn't been tweaked yet.  I pretty much forgot where everything used to be.

EDIT2:  Madmab....... HUUUUUUUUGE favor here man.  I've made a ton of room on my computer, but I need to clear a lot off my XBox.  I have about 200GB that I can clear off when I remove PSX games off my emu.  The only problem is, it takes a ton of work to unzip them and send them over and everything.  I'd like to test them before I send them back.  

I had a big problem with the emulator when I switched cores and it would seem to "dump" the skin and all of its settings after you exited the game after changing the core.  It also starts you in the "D:\" directory when you go to start a game as well (the default14.xbe and default16.xbe are in that folder, so I imagine that loading up the alternative XBE file for the different core somehow messes this up and since it's the last action that you've taken the directory is stuck there)

I know you said one of your newest fixes for ADAM was getting rid of that nasty little bug that would default all of your directory choices to the last directory you used.  I was hoping that you could apply your new changes to the PCSXBox for me so I can better test the games before removing them.  Alternate cores work on occasion, but it just gets to be such a pain in the ass to test them because of this huge glitch.

Thanks man,
~Rx

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »

It is not a glitch the ps1 emulator has 3 ini's. One for each xbe.Look in the saves in the emulator you have to set all 3 up there is one for each core.Whatever core you launched out of last will be the one that will show up when you exit the game.I dont know how this could be simplified into 1 it most likely cant since it seems it is kind of like having 3 different emulators wrapped up into 1.Anyway unless it can be changed just set up all 3 ini's and it will cure your problem.

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »

There could be a possible upside to this setup.Some games go from working to unworking core to core.If a game worked on earlier cores but does not work on the newer cores in the emulator then it might be possible to add those cores back into the mix as well to get that compatibility from them.This would increase the amount of ini's that you have for the emulator but you might be able to get more games working for your collection.

I think a long time ago I copied the newer ps1 build over an old ps1 build and if I am not mistaken it would allow me to choose all the different cores.I could be wrong it might be my imagination.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

For PSX I did buy a real machine, modded one.
Things got much much more easier.
=D

C.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »

Sorry guys.  I think you misunderstood me.  I looked at it what I said and it was a little confusing.  Let me clarify...

I wasn't calling the three .XBE's a bug.  I understand that they are different PSX cores and that they allow for greater compatibility.  In my testing I actually have several games marked that work better with different cores.  The only problem is that when I test each new core on a non-working game, the skin gets all jacked up on me when I exit the game.  The only way to start a new game then is to restart the emulator or navagate back to the roms folder.

You guys gave me an idea though.  I wasn't aware at all that there was a separate INI for each core.  I'm going to look for the alternate INI config files and see if I can just copy the skin settings from the working one into there.  Maybe that will fix it.  

The bug I was actually referring to was the directory saving itself for everything in the emu based on the last folder you were in.  I just wanted the emu to stay in the current directory for each setting and choice.  (maybe not technically viewed as a bug, but if you improved this in ADAM, I could sure use it here)  Maybe I can find the "initial directory" setting in the .INI if there is one and set that to the folder to the images in the mean time.  That would eliminate the problems I'm having if it works.

Thanks guys,
~Rx

EDIT:

Hey guys.  Fixed a big part of my problem.  Here's what I did....

I went into the pcsx14 and pcsx16 INI files and Changed: rom_dir=D:\PSXCDS To: rom_dir=F:\Roms\Playstation

Now I don't have to navigate to another directory when I exit a game anymore.  

There were a lot of other settings changes that I had done that didn't show up on the others, so I eventually just copied over the entire INI's from the original one.  

Here's two suggestions I'd make on fixing the PCSXBox emulator madmab:

1)  Make it so that when you change settings in the INI for one core, it changes them for all cores by default.  There are way to many things to change 3 times over everytime you want to make a change to the skin.

2)  When loading up another core, it shows a few screens from whatever skin you have set to the default in that core's INI file.  It would be nice to remove that and just have a black screen until the game shows up.  (For example, with the default skin that shows Castlevania SOTN, it shows the loading screen with the moon, that separates from the middle to the top and bottom of the screen leaving the screen with the "Save game room" and music starts for about two seconds, then it shows another loading screen with the "pink" loading letters.  Just looks pretty rough and would be nice to eliminate that if it can be done.

EDIT 2:  I was just thinking about the FAQ that I will be providing for all of the emulators in a text file and then I got to thinking about all of the other text files and I came up with an idea.   What do you guys think about a textfile viewing screen that looks like any other screen in the skin?    I was thinking, what if there was a way to make a text file viewable in a emuskin screen?  Wouldn't it be cool to be able to view the help files right on a screen we configure so we can completley control how the help and information files work?

What do you think?

EDIT 3:  What do you guys think about making alternate settings for foreign languages?  Gilles could do a French language setting, right?  Be pretty cool to see if other people would work on other foreign languages to add to it so more people can enjoy this.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2008, 01:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Nov 30 2008, 03:22 AM) View Post

The easiest solution is to just have all three cores write to the same .ini file and store the game configs in the same directory.  I'd have to look at the code but I do not remember any of the cores having different options to chose from so the config files should be the same across the board.

All three cores have an individual ini file with a matching name.  When you make changes to an individual one, it doesn't make the changes to the other two.  The only two ways to sync them now is to copy over the other two with your good one and FTP them over, or to load up a game with each core and configure it with the emu.

EDIT:  Everything, and I mean, everything has to be done three separate times.  No wonder when I was using this back in the day I thought it acted so glitchy.  If I was currently on a different core, it would behave differently for me.  I bet I was fixing things on one core that weren't fixed on one or two of the others all the time.

This one desparately needs your help madmab.  There's got to be a way to save most of this stuff between the three configs at the same time.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2008, 06:28:00 AM »

Thanks man.  Sounds great.  I wont' be able to do too much more on it until Wednesday anyways.  

One other thing I notice is that when you flip between cores one too many times it will lock up when you're starting a new game.  When you reset and try that game again it works fine.  I'm not sure if there is some memory not being dumped or what happens here, but it means that if you happen to bounce from core to core while starting games, you may have to hard boot your XBox on occasion.  Not a problem if you're only playing a game or two though.

Maturion

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »

Fantastic work guys! Keep it up!

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Nov 28 2008, 05:47 AM) View Post

B?
IPB Image

Hey, Gilles, I think this one looks best. I like the smoke at first, but when I look at it for a while, I get what you guys mean by "overloaded a bit"

Also, I have to admit, I like the contrasting that Cospefogo did in his pic.

Thanks for your efforts and giving us a chance for input Gilles  biggrin.gif

PS. Truth being, no one can lose with any one of these you made wink.gif  

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »

I was just thinking today that we will also need a help screen for the "favorites select screen".  Since the white button "removes game from favorites".

We may also need one for Vice64, which for some reason makes the Y button "save to favorites" and the white button "display game details".  I might just switch those two anyways because it is counter intuitive.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15