xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Madmab And Gilles' New Releases Thread  (Read 5180 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Madmab And Gilles' New Releases Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2008, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Nov 15 2008, 05:16 AM) View Post

ok after reading up on MFC CArray classes which is what the sprite routines use I think I figured it out.  I guess this makes my first lesson in C++ and the Microsoft Foundation Class library.  laugh.gif

Anyways if you could send me this experimental skin you are working on I'll run memchecks on it while it is loaded to see how much RAM it is sucking up.  Since these are "dynamic" arrays it should be ok.  Just dont go picking ridiculously high upper ranges.  The size of the array is gonna equal the highest value used.  Luckily it does not allocate too much RAM.  Maybe 100-200 bytes per entry (whether it is used or not).

I'll get it to you shortly.  I want to double check it.  There's some things I don't know how to do, like getting the green light cursor to work and stuff.  I'll let you check this out and if we run with it I'll ask you or Gilles to fix it if you don't mind.

No need.  I have a sneaky suspicion that the code that calculates how much space a font uses is slightly flawed.  Seems the longer a line the less accurate it is.  laugh.gif  I ran into this problem when working on the synopsis code.

Well... it's there if you want to use it with your testing if you want to try to fix it.

Later,
~Rx

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »

This looks awesome Gilles! love.gif

You are doing fantastic work and I am really excited about what's going on around here. biggrin.gif

Thanks guys.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »

That's freakin awesome if you guys can get a visual to work.  Nice image man.

My only suggestion is that there be different artwork for the different controllers depending on the system and maybe a setting in the emu to choose which one, or better yet, maybe when you're viewing them if you press a button it would scroll through the different layouts.  I have several controllers, most of them official US 2nd gen controllers and the black/white buttons are located on the right, under the right analog stick.  I know some of the third party controllers have them different too.  I've honestly never seen a controller with the layout you're showing me, although it has the same amount of buttons in different spots.

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

I don't have that controller but, it was the first generation Xbox controllers. It was very big and bulky, They thankfully decided to bring it down to the ver 2 and improve upon it

I always called it the Dreamcast controller's big retarded brother. laugh.gif  jester.gif  laugh.gif

no offense to people with big retarded brothers.

I understand it all the same, but others might not.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »

Thank you God for my Sega Saturn adapter for Xbox.
The best gamepad ever.

Nice work, Gilllles!
C.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 12:36:00 AM »

Yeah, it's the first generation "BIG BABY" tongue.gif

1) I thought perheaps the user could recall this pic by pressing "start" (unused button)

2) or perheaps replace the actual help screen with this picture? (if the enhanced help screen pic exists in the skin folder, display it, if not display the "textual help screen).

3) Am i the only one playing with the big golgot controller? It's a big ugly piece of plastic , but it's as solid as a rock tongue.gif

4) Anibody have a good quality pic of the "S" controller pad (the controller used by the majority)?

p.s.: Your site is excellent Cospefogo

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 12:52:00 AM »

Hope this helps you Gilles biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2008, 03:17:00 AM »

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  
IPB Image

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2008, 04:42:00 AM »

I did make a small treatment on the S-Controller image.
Now we have a black background, better contrast, and also a 640x480 image ready
to be used in the skins.

tongue.gif  Kisses  tongue.gif
Cospefogo.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2008, 06:16:00 AM »

IPB Image

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 06:48:00 AM »

I actually have two of them I got when I lucked out with v1.0 Box used.  I never even looked at them, so I just knew it was larger.

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cospefogo @ Nov 25 2008, 05:52 AM) View Post

IPB Image

laugh.gif Why did that just make it ten times funnier? laugh.gif  (sorry madmab tongue.gif )

I like what you did with the controller pic Cospefogo

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mega Man (?) @ Nov 25 2008, 04:00 PM) View Post

laugh.gif Why did that just make it ten times funnier? laugh.gif  (sorry madmab tongue.gif )

I like what you did with the controller pic Cospefogo

Haha.... somehow I didn't see that before.  Is that one of the first generation "Big Baby" XBox controllers madmab?

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »

I didn't even think of the "Big Baby" laugh.gif  factor, that makes the pic look funnier to the 3rd degree,

I guess Cospefogo really should have made it Gilles, since he's the one using the controller. But I think randomly deflecting it on madmab made it nicer in that randomly funny way. As long as no one gets there feelings hurt tongue.gif

Hey Gilles,

Question: Are you planning any more rumble packs for other emulators? (or already made ones I just don't know about) If so great. love.gif  I tried to mess around with an SNES game without rumble yet and It wouldn't work no matter what I tried. Is there a place I can learn more about configuring rumbles? Or maybe you can help me with your own experience, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »

Yeah madmab, the enhanced help screen should be very great for the kids (or the Xport emu users newbies)
They didn't knew they could adcance the screenshot by pressing the left thumstick on the right(too bad for them ph34r.gif )
With this in mind, i think the best solution would be to replace the:
"pressing the left thumstick right/left to auto adcance screenshots" displayed in the top of the gameselect screen by :
"press start for help" since all is well explained in the enhanced help screen

off topic: to create rumbles you must be familiar with the change in the hexadecimal adress
I have a lot of rumbles for the xport emus i have created for myself, i should release them one day tongue.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15