xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus  (Read 9367 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus
« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »

Assuming you have NES and the old "Screenshots"

Your screenshots should be either in "E:\Screenshots\NES" or "F:\Screenshots\NES".  

But you need to just point to the screenshots folder.  It automatically adds the emu folder name itself.  It's necessary for the original folder setup since most people wouldn't have the folder there in the first place, but it can be confusing at times.  If you point to "X:\Screenshots\NES", then the artwork directory will look at ""X:\Screenshots\NES\NES" and nothing obviously will be there.  Just point to the "Screenshots" directory on E or F.

If you're using NES and the new Enhanced Artwork, just point the screenshots to "X:\Media\NES\Artwork and you're good to go.

Hope that helps,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »

I like the PM3 man.  You do plenty to make it console specific.  It's just a sleek professional looking skin and it will be the only skin I think that will ever cover every single XPORT emu.

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Oct 25 2009, 02:30 PM) View Post

I like the PM3 man.  You do plenty to make it console specific.  It's just a sleek professional looking skin and it will be the only skin I think that will ever cover every single XPORT emu.

If you dont count replacing branding banners, of which theres a lot. Its still a rather short sighted comment. There are still other skins that are generic for all other Xport emulators. Im hearing on the jungle drums there will be others too. This isnt the only one capable of cross platform use. Try some others and you will see. Ive heard there is a new one in the pipeline for the NeoGenesis emulator and again this one is Generic for Xport emulators.

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »

Depends on which version of NeoGenesis your using ?
Which skin are you using ?
Is it one youve made yourself and are testing ?
Did you download the official ResXtras packs ?

And to double check, are the directories for the artwork correct ?

westcoastloc

• Archived User
« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »

I am using NeoGenesis v23. I am using the gilles dynamic pm3 neogenesis skin. I have renamed 16x9 small boxart and small movie to settings.ini. I have the video previews playing perfectly. My screenshots are in E/screenshots/genesis and my default directory for those screenshots is e/screenshots/. When I fast scroll with the R trigger it shows them (boxart) in the same box as the video preview.

As for mednafenxnesv10 I have my videos in the mednafenxfolder/videos and they play correctly. I goto change default directories and set the screenshots to g/media/nes/artwork (and all my enhanced folders are in there) But below the video preview is the blank nintendo box with the seal of quality.

I dont get it? Why isnt there a boxart directory selection feature within the emu that you can point to your boxart?

(I took my own screenshot of a game and it showed up in the same window as the video preview. Am I confusing screenshots with boxart? I dont want screenshots just the boxart below the preview video!?

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #410 on: October 26, 2009, 01:44:00 AM »

I dont think your using the dual preview (modded by Madmab) versions of those emulators.
Im leaving the house as we speak so if you cant sort it out ill be back to help in about 5 -6 hours. In the meantime check this site for info on the Madmab Editions of the emulators.

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #411 on: October 26, 2009, 04:14:00 AM »

Wait, there's a Madmab edition of Neogenesis...?

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #412 on: October 26, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »

Seems a bit quirky to get right at first, i used the internal folder system its seems to be the way to go for me.

Excalibur007

• Archived User
« Reply #413 on: October 30, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »

Hey fellas,
I tinkered around a bit with the camera today and did a couple of pics.  These are NOT what I said I would upload -- I still plan to upload a good pack of several systems for you guys.  These are just some things I was messing with.  I do not have a very good camera and I did not have good lighting.  I'm not satisfied yet with these pictures, but I thought I'd share them because I still like them better than the older ones.
----
For the Atari 7800 I have a main menu pic and an emuload pic.  The emuload pic is of my 7800 cartridge collection.
IPB Image         IPB Image

----
For the 2600 I have a shot of the 2600 Jr that I've had all my life.  That was my very first game system.  My younger brother engraved some scribble into the aluminum strip shortly after we got it (we were really young), but we never took the protective plastic off so I was able to buff out most of the scribble.  It's not even noticeable with the camera I have anyway.  Also, there's a more artistic pic that I found on the web of the all black classic 2600.
IPB Image         IPB Image

----
Again, these are NOT final images.  I still plan to upload a heap of console pics soon.  Also, I just remembered I have a neighbor who's into photography, so maybe -- just maybe -- I can convince her to help take some professional quality pics of my systems.  I also still have skin stuff to upload when I get the chance.

Excalibur007

• Archived User
« Reply #414 on: October 31, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Oct 31 2009, 02:28 AM) View Post
Where do you get the psd file of my main menu? I planned on releasing the psd when all the skins would be finished
I made my own.  :-)  I think yours is desaturated which is fine, but I left the original PM3 blue/green hue in mine.  I made the blank title oval as well because I didn't know where to get a pre-made blank one.

I just took a pic of my Master System and Genesis.  I really don't care for my Genesis one, but let me know what you think.  Also let me know if you'd like me to keep sharing these works-in-progress.
IPB Image  IPB Image

I didn't mind the Master System and Genesis backgrounds in the skins you guys did, but I figured I'd see what I could come up with while playing around with the camera.  I still have terrible lighting.  There's not much sunlight today and my indoor lighting just isn't enough to compensate.  I hung a sheet over the ceiling lights to at least avoid having major glare like in that 7800 pic I uploaded yesterday.

I have pics like these for many of the emus but I'm not satisfied yet.  As I said in my last post, I'll try to get some good quality pics of the systems to upload.  Also, I'll upload pics like this and the skin work I've done.  I did some sprite banners for a couple of systems, such as the Odyssey (and I don't remember what else off hand).  I scanned several of my game boxes and also made a couple of console sprite banners.  Those things will be in the skin stuff when I upload it.

Excalibur007

• Archived User
« Reply #415 on: October 31, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

I hate that you can't edit your posts after a few minutes.  Frustrating.
Anyway, I may have misspoke about that oval in my previous post.  That one may be yours and not one I made.  I've made several of different sizes for use in my customizations of the XBMC PM3 skin and it's hard to tell the smaller ones apart from the ones in these emu skins.  Just wanted to clarify so I didn't step on any toes in case that's not one that I made.

Also, I redid the Genesis pic and I'd like to replace the one in the previous post with this one.  If a moderator can edit the previous post to include this as an "edit" and replace the link to the Genesis pic that would be good.
IPB Image

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #416 on: November 01, 2009, 02:18:00 AM »

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  cool.gif

Nice looking images on there man.   It's cool seeing images that are derived from somebody's personal collection.

I used to have a very large collection of systems and games, but after I left home my youngest bro sold all of our shared video game stuff to gamestop when he didn't have a job and for a few years there he had whatever new game he wanted, until all he had left was a PSP and one game from our whole collection.

I'd probably be mad without the Box.  I wouldn't want any of those systems now anymore with what we've got here personally (Except the 7800 to play Xenophobe since it won't work on the Box yet).  I got rid of all of my DVD's and gave them to my other brother when I figured out about DIVX movies.  It would take 3 or 4 DVD shelves to house my movie collection that is on one harddrive now.  My bro will walk into his first house with his new wife sometime next year with two foot lockers full of DVDs.

It's amazing what you can do with a PC and an XBox.

Later,
~Rx

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #417 on: November 01, 2009, 05:48:00 AM »

Pfff... come on cbaggy, we never say this!
for the 10000 time: my dynamic skins are just created to fully support all the possible dual stuff
OF COURSE!My skins are inspired by the original chokemaniac work... because i like the pm3 theme!!
95% of my work on them is:
- configuring all these settings (4/3, 16/9, one boxart display, screenshot only, screenshot and boxart at the same time), settings all the movie/screenshot/boxart size/position. it is LOOOOONG!!! (plus usually boxarts are different from one system to another)I have even set the rombrowser and main menu cursor to match as much as i can the animation of the original xbmc pmIII
- create system specific previews (when i can)
- find good quality pics for the systems and controllers (one for the main menu, one for the emuload, one for the banners and one other for the synopsis) it is a lot harder than you think

I HAVE ALWAYS SAID my work was inspired by the XBMC PMIII theme!!
And I NEVER SAID I WAS the original author of the pmIII theme pfffff.... mad.gif

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #418 on: November 01, 2009, 06:31:00 AM »

It's ok...
Its is a loong and vast project
things must be clear for everyone

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #419 on: November 01, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »

Don't let the man get you down Gilles.  

I know you've spent tons of hours of free time without pay making nearly 20 different versions of your skins for different emulators so far.  Some people just can't see the truly huge scope of all of our work and tend to focus only on their little niche.  Nothing wrong with that, as long as they're willing to contribute like the rest to the greater cause.  It would be nice if certain individuals would keep the negative comments to a minimum since they're starting to effect the morale of the team too.

No offence to anyone else, but your skins are my favorite, and I'm looking forward to having a complete set of them on my box.  (That's why I made the blank skins for you to fill out when you made the artwork on the last 12 or so that are needed!!!)

This could be cool to have some alternate takes on pics from somebody else.  It's not as if he's going to do one for every system like you're doing.  You'll be the first who ever did that.   Nobody has even come as close as you are now.

Thanks for your hard work man.  Wish I had a paycheck to give you for it.   cool.gif

~Rx
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30