xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus  (Read 9503 times)

gilles9999

• Archived User
The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »

No resX, no skins updates for the moment, they are 100% functiunnal
I can make any update you want if you or madmab notice something strange (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have just noticed a little bug:
When you are selecting a save state, the "in game screenshot" isn't display at the correct place (it should be displayed at the same place as the "in game option screenshot"
Second thing (but i don't want to put too much work to madmab, he has already too much things to do, so,it's only if he has a little time):
For the users without big hard drives, is it possible to display a boxart AND a screenshot at the same time?
(like they are doing in a lot of pc frontends in fact) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)
I m working on the genesis synopsis 32x, A, B, C done so far (big letters (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif) )
I m working on some backgrounds too for the "background" folder I will show them on sunday if i can.
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by gilles9999: Mar 25 2009, 12:37 AM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Mar 24 2009, 06:31 PM) View Post

No resX, no skins updates for the moment, they are 100% functiunnal
I can make any update you want if you or madmab notice something strange smile.gif

Nothing strange.... Just want to normalize all the MP3s so they're the exact same volume.  I'm going to do this to all the Static Skins I have too.

I'm also capitalizing the Sprite Folder Names because they look better that way.

Nothing that would change the overall workings of the skin that would require any intervention on your part.  I would also like to include a Skin Config of my own with them because I hate having to manually add it every time I update a skin on my Box.

When you are selecting a save state, the "in game screenshot" isn't display at the correct place (it should be displayed at the same place as the "in game option screenshot"

Not sure what you mean here.  I see it displayed at the bottom middle and it looks good to me.  Is this something you wanted to change and can change within the skin?

Second thing (but i don't want to put too much work to madmab, he has already too much things to do, so,it's only if he has a little time):
For the users without big hard drives, is it possible to display a boxart AND a screenshot at the same time?
(like they are doing in a lot of pc frontends in fact) ph34r.gif

That's why I'm saving the Boxart as 0001, Title 0002, Action 0003, Cart 0004.  I figure if all the artwork is saved correctly, this should be easy coding for madmab.

I m working on the genesis synopsis 32x, A, B, C done so far (big letters muhaha.gif )

I m working on some backgrounds too for the "background" folder I will show them on sunday if i can.
 wink.gif

Cool man.  Looking forward to seeing your stuff.

Later,
~Rx

Oh yeah... madmab... have we put the synopsis & help backgrounds and any other skin specific pics within the skins themselves now?  I believe I read that you updated the emus to have that feature now (the ability to check the skin for these pics first before defaulting to the one in the D:\ folder).

Just want to make sure what pics I should put in the skins before re-uploading them.  Let me know what folder to have these pics in.

Gilles, could you get me the correct pics for all the help screens and synopsis screens for the emus you've done so far?  I can't remember if you prefer JPGs or PNGs and I believe in some cases I have both.

Later,
~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Mar 24 2009, 07:31 PM) *

I did fix this at some point but I'm not sure when.  Which emu is doing this?

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Mar 24 2009, 07:31 PM) *

(like they are doing in a lot of pc frontends in fact) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)
That would either require the boxart/cartart to be in a different directory or have a specific name (and no 0001.png, 0002.png) doesn't count.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Oh yeah... madmab... have we put the synopsis & help backgrounds and any other skin specific pics within the skins themselves now? I believe I read that you updated the emus to have that feature now (the ability to check the skin for these pics first before defaulting to the one in the D:\ folder).
Yep.  Coded, just not compiled yet.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »

Since they do have specific names, how come 0001, 0002 doesn't work, if every Boxart is assigned 0001, every title shot is 0002 etc?  I've made sure this is the case on Gameboy and the re-releases of artwork packs so far.  

Which folders do the help and synopsis files have to be in and what names do they have to have to work (Which folder in the skin itself, and is the backup still the same with synopsis.jpg in the emu root and the help image in the "Help" folder within the emu root?)

Gilles, are we using .png images or .jpg images or both?  I need to have a pack uploaded with all the help/synopsis images you've got in the format you want to see in the final releases.

This was one of the major things I wanted to take care of before re-packing the skins.

Thanks guys,
~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2020, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Mar 25 2009, 10:57 AM) *

Since they do have specific names, how come 0001, 0002 doesn't work, if every Boxart is assigned 0001, every title shot is 0002 etc?  I've made sure this is the case on Gameboy and the re-releases of artwork packs so far.  

Not everyone uses that specification and if (for example) someone added a new game and then decided to take snapshots from within the emu they would end up have screenshots being displayed in the wrong place.

It would be far easier (and less confusing for the end user) to either set a filename specification.  Something like scr0001.png, scr0002.png, crt0001.png, crt0002.png, box0001.png, box0002.png.

Either that or have different directories (which personally I think would be messier).

I told gilles that I had a batch file around somewhere that I used for these type of things.  Could probably be easily modified to our needs and someone could probably just run it against the resurrection xtra's.  I think the only problem is it didn't like the & and the + character in file names.

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Mar 25 2009, 10:57 AM) *

Which folders do the help and synopsis files have to be in and what names do they have to have to work (Which folder in the skin itself, and is the backup still the same with synopsis.jpg in the emu root and the help image in the "Help" folder within the emu root?)
Thanks guys,
~Rx
In the "background" folder.  The emu will look in the skin directory first and then the emulator directory second.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2020, 06:07:00 PM »

Okay... the emu will look for both the synopsis background and the help image in the "Background" folder within the skin.  With the exact names we were using before, right?

Have you guys decided on PNG or JPG images for these yet?

I understand your concern for making this as accessable to everyone as possible, but I think the way you want to name the files makes everything much more confusing than it's worth.  I have the things named perfectly and at this point I'm thinking that even if people don't have room for videos, we should start figuring that anyone who has one of your emulator updates has the Xtras artwork.   This stuff is backed up in about 5 places now and isn't going anywhere.  Why anyone would put the emus on their box and not use the Xtras I couldn't give you a reason.  Just put it somewhere in the instructions that you need to put the Xtras on there for the stuff to work right and tell them to name the artwork for a new game 0001, 0002 etc for whatever file it is.    

It sounds like you could make it work using the 0001, 0002 stuff like I was saying.  I say we just do it and see where it goes.

~Rx

EDIT:  We should just include the artwork with the emulator download on XBins.  If they are too large and it's not possible, we should include a file that gives multiple addresses to download the specific artwork sets.  Really.... nobody should be using your updates unless they have the artwork packs at the very least.

This post has been edited by ressurectionx: Today, 02:09 AM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »

I don't think I'm understanding this correctly.  Would we be able to just use 0001.png, 0002.png, 0003.png, 0004.png this way, or do we need to talk with BombBloke to alter the romnames?  He said that he's willing to make a batch or two to do this, but we'd have to decide exactly how we want this to work.

0002.png should be title screenshot and 0003. should be action screenshot.   0005.png and up are for any other misc shots/alternate box/cart art.

paper

• Archived User
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »

I downloaded the dynamic skins for neogenesis and nes and both skins work, but within the skins, the options for them to actually be dynamic are missing...so theyre just regular skins displaying for me. Is there a step im missing in installing the skins on neogenesis or mednafenxnes?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »

Beta's haven't been released for the Madmab Edition emulators yet.  A lot of the skin changes will be accessable when that's released.   cool.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »

Thanks gilles999... Yep the arcade translations for this system are absolutely fantastic!!

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »

... And neopoX
Good games on this system too like the snk vs capcom match of the millenium or samourai shodown

Dynamic NeopoX pm3 by Gilou9999 04.11.09

IPB Image

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »

Cool.  I was recently just wondering about the NeoGeo Pocket.

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »

Yea it would be cool to have the screenshot thing worked out, having boxart screeshot and movie would be great. I was just looking through my Genesis artwork and Rx has done it so that it is:

001 - Boxart
002 - Title screen/start menu
003 - Live action shot of gameplay
004 - Alt art/ cartridge
I also have some that are 006 - Mega Drive Boxart

One more thing I have the skin set on big movies big boxart and the boxart still appears to try to scroll through the other images but instead of actually doing that it just goes blank and shows the default skin image until it has finished cycling through.

BTW It looks amazing with all the artwork and movies thanks a lot everyone for all the hard work you've put in to making it look so awesome.

crash1235

• Archived User
« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2009, 04:15:00 AM »

Na that fixed it thanks alot man.

After looking at the new beta I was wondering are all the synopsis entries going to be aligned to the centre or is that the only option we have so that the missing roms thing doesn't shoot out to the left. Also some of the entries I've found are still not formatting properly and the box they are in is expanding to outside the width of the screen e.g. Might Morphen Power Rangers - Movie.

One last thing apostrophes, extra spaces and some other extra characters are showing up as little square boxes.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(crash1235 @ Apr 11 2009, 11:25 PM) View Post

BTW It looks amazing with all the artwork and movies thanks a lot everyone for all the hard work you've put in to making it look so awesome.

No problem man.  Thanks for all the work you're putting into the synopsis.  Glad somebody shared the beta with you so you can actually see what you've done to help us out.

Hope to see you around some more.  Never short on work around here... only help.  cool.gif

Bummer about the text going outside of the screen.  I thought that was fixed.  At least it's 1000% better than it was when we first started.  Can you go in and change that text to fit so it doesn't?  Maybe we just need to alter the synopsis a bit to get it to look good on the few games this happens with?  Would it look good on one screen resolution though and look terrible with another?  That's the real question.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30