xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus  (Read 9379 times)

gilles9999

• Archived User
The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

Retroplay, i have already started working on the msx skin (i'm a big metal gear fan too wink.gif )

I know, lot of guys simply don't like the pm3 theme but personnally i have seen the mario and zelda heads too much biggrin.gif; and we never see the systems themselves in the olds skins, too few people doesn't even remember what the atari 7800, or the lynx look like huh.gif
That is the purpose of theses pm3 dynamic skins; show the olds systems in all their greatness;
and the objective is to cover all the systems with the same pm3 environment
that will not take me too much time now (only few hours for a system, the long part is to configure the 14 differents settings)
see: if i cover 20 systems, the dynamics skins will offers you 20*14=280 differents skins
after that i'll release the differents psd files i promise

retroplay and guys here: i need good quality "system pics"(for main menu) and system box(for splash screen) for mednafen pce,msx,amiga happy.gif ,c64 and atari st

p.s.:i'm avoiding the "red" color in the skins, because i know, often the "red" color looks too blurry on the good old standard TV
thx in advance

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »

I found some huge Amiga, C64, MSX etc pics.
Download.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »

Excellent retroplay, excellent
I see you love the old systems esthetism too laugh.gif
in wich internet site have you found them? I'm using google search and flicker.com eventually
(neverwill told me he was searching pics on google images-larger ones-)
but it's hard for the 1980-1990 systems

somebody have box scans of thoses systems? (it's for the slash screen)

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

I just used Google and searched for Large and extra large images.
However finding good PCE/TG16 and Sharp X68000 images is not easy. sad.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »

Here is a challenge for ya...

See if you can dig up good picks of the following atari systems...

XEG and box.  It had the pastel look (on the buttons).
Atari 800xl and box.

My guess would be atari museum....

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 03:47:00 AM »

for the atari 800xl and box it's ok i have the great quality pics to make thr dynamic skin
but for the atari xeg i can't find better than this
IPB Image
perhaps someone can send us a better quality pic,or take a good pic if he had the system at home
it's for wich emu madmab?atarixlbox can read atari xeg games?

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Oct 8 2008, 06:23 AM) View Post

for the atari 800xl and box it's ok i have the great quality pics to make thr dynamic skin
but for the atari xeg i can't find better than this
IPB Image
perhaps someone can send us a better quality pic,or take a good pic if he had the system at home
it's for wich emu madmab?atarixlbox can read atari xeg games?

Yeah.  That's it.  Ugly 'ol thing, aint it?  laugh.gif  Nice thing about it, though, is the keyboard is detachable.

Yeah the 5200 is pretty much the same as an Atari 400, 800, 800xl, 1200xl, 130xe, 130xeG, 65xe?  The main difference was the controllers and it only has 16k of RAM.  Why the released so many different machines is beyond me.  laugh.gif  

But the 800xl is considered by most to be the best to use.  The XEG is, I believe, just a 64xe expanded to 128k and has a detachable keyboard.

Anyways yes atarixlbox can play games for all those systems.  So I didn't wanna limit the picture selection.  Of course it just hit me that AdamX can do the Colecovision Adam as well.  I believe the original skin had picks of that.  I still need to test the Adam stuff I have.  I don't know much about it.

I'll ask around and see if I can find a good pick of the XEG and box.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »

Wow.... that is one ugly POS.  lol

Can't say I've ever seen that one before.  

I got my brother looking through boxes in the basement back at my parents house for our old 5200 games.  There was one game we bought (at the local gas station of all places) and when we brought it home we were never able to play it because our last working controller went kaput.  All I remember about it was the main screen when you started up had the title and credits underneath it and around the perimeter of the screen there were different colored robots marching.  If I remember correctly, the cart was actually a gray color, and I think the label was black with yellow lettering.  (I could be wrong about the cart, but I'll never forget staring at that start screen trying desperately for hours to get the start button to work on the controller).... F'ing 5200 crap controllers!

If anyone knows what the hell game that is, I'd love to know.  I can't seem to find it anywhere, even on AtariAge.   If he does manage to find it, I suppose I'll have to figure out how I can back it up.

Later,
~Rx

SHMUP3R

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »

I just wanted to make sure of something.... The Genesis skin is not complete yet write?

THe icons dont line up and the music shuts off randomly and dosent even start up after the initial install.

The NES version is Awesome!!!

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(SHMUP3R @ Oct 8 2008, 08:41 PM) View Post

I just wanted to make sure of something.... The Genesis skin is not complete yet write?

THe icons dont line up and the music shuts off randomly and dosent even start up after the initial install.
The NES version is Awesome!!!

can someone confirm this?
strange, i have retryed the dynamic genesis pm3 skin from my first thread, and all is working good, even when i launch it for the first time, good display of all the sprites, the sonic bg music is ok too
have you ftp'd all the sprites in the skin?

pm3 ATARI ST DYNAMIC skin done(with remixed pacmania blocktown bg music from my french friends from grospixels.com wink.gif )
DYNAMIC ATARI ST pm3 by Gilou9999 08/10/2008
splahscreen:
the "discovery pack box of the atari st" collector wink.gif
IPB Image
mainmenu
IPB Image
and like always, 14 differents configs, plus a empty atari st box for all the boxscans configs

p.s.: they are "almost" final dynamic skins; but there will be some subtles changes (in the splash screen and in the sprites folder) when madmab will release new dual versions of his emus
the dynamic skins are here because the coders have a lot of work for the coding and i understand they don't really have the time to make skins

p.s.2:madmab, i think for the all in one emus (like neogenesis, atarixlbox etc...)i will simply add differents
sprites in the sprites folder to choose from:
ex: 32x, genesis or segacd banner  ;like this, if the user is a 32x hardcore fan smile.gif  he will be able to put the 32x banner.what is your opinion?or should i make a different skin for 32x, sega cd, as the mainscreen is different?

p.s.3:at the end, when all the dynamic skins will be done, i simply add a "sprites extra pack"
so a user will be able to put a "metroid, zelda,shinning force,all sorts of banners"in the gameselect screen and in the options screen

p.s.4:I need the opinion of you guys here,
can you try my dynamic skins with your xports emus and give me your opinion about the bg music?
to my opinion:

-colecovision adamx:"bubblebobble remix" from my french friends from grospixels.com
   quite good bg music from my own tastes
-atari 7800,5200:"mission impossible" eh, mission impossible was a great atari 7800 game
  good bg music but we should change it
-nes mednafenx nes:"contra remix" from my french friends from grospixels.com
don't touch it it's my personnal favorite bg music love.gif
-neogenesis:"escape from the city"from sonic adventure 2:excellent bg music, but perhaps we should change it
-atari st winstonX:"remixed pacmania blocktown" bg music from my french friends from grospixels.com
i think it's a really great remix, what's your opinion?
-atari lynx:"double dragon remix"from my french friends from grospixels.com.I'm not a patriot, but i really think it's the best videogames remix better quality than the remix from overclocked remix; more professional

SHMUP3R

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Oct 8 2008, 10:56 PM) View Post

can someone confirm this?
strange, i have retryed the dynamic genesis pm3 skin from my first thread, and all is working good, even when i launch it for the first time, good display of all the sprites, the sonic bg music is ok too
have you ftp'd all the sprites in the skin?

Are you using NeoGenesis v23??

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

v22 no problem
ok i see, perhaps neogenesis v23 takes a lot of memory and the xbox run out of memory ,it could explain
the random shut off of the bg music?
the skin can be optimized but i prefer to wait for the madmab opinion and nexts releases

SHMUP3R

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Oct 8 2008, 11:10 PM) View Post

v22 no problem
ok i see, perhaps neogenesis v23 takes a lot of memory and the xbox run out of memory ,it could explain
the random shut off of the bg music?
the skin can be optimized but i prefer to wait for the madmab opinion and nexts releases

Oh ok I thought I was doing something wrong.

And on v23 the home screen has 7 options to choose from so thats why the icons dont line up.

It's still the best skin I think anyways. THanks for all the efforts!

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »

warning:
if you are using my GENESIS DYNAMIC skin with neogenesis,
go to skin settings configuration/main menu/texts settings
and set number of lines per screen to "7"
SHMUP3R is right there is one more line in the neogenesis main screen "launch inserted cd"

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »

Hehe.  I was gonna bring that up today.  While revamping all the menu screens I noticed that the main menu can have two extra settings.  "launch inserted CD" (sega and any other system using this) and the Gamebase menu (C64).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30