xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Pm3 Skins For Nes, Genesis Ans Supernes  (Read 1252 times)

madmab

• Archived User
New Pm3 Skins For Nes, Genesis Ans Supernes
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 06:15:00 AM »

Well the new build has three seperate screen size/position settings for the movie preview, screenshots, and boxart/cartart.  So yes.  All you would have to do is turn movies off (or just dont put movies on your machine) and position the screenshot in one window and the boxart/cart in the other window.

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 08:07:00 AM »

I dont have the new build so that does not help me right now.But that is good to know because I will not be able to spare the room for the videos on the bigger systems I may be able to on some of the smaller systems but on systems like snes I am not even tempted to do it.They are just to big and on some systems there is to many.I would have to dump games for videos and that will never happen.I am hoping that it will all be streamable one day but until that day systems like snes I will not give a second thought about it..I like the stuff I think it is cool but not cool enough for me to compremise my setup to have it.I am looking forward to the vids for lynx and coleco and systems of that nature but gba and neogenesis and nintendo and systems that are packing around 1000 roms or more they are off my radar for now or atleast until the 2tb hdds hit the market that hdd might be big enough for me to store all my emulators and xbox games I have.The way I see it I have no choice but to stream considering I have over 1400 gigs worth of xbox games alone not counting emulation and I figure it will take another 500 gigs to complete the xbox collection and they can not be streamed without a devkit which I dont own.

The messed up thing is I ordered a 1.5tb hdd and even if I get it to work in an xbox which I wont know is possible or not until I receive it. I still will not have the room to spare on that xbox for the roms.I will still have to stream them and I still will not have the extra room for the vids of the bigger systems.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 08:49:00 AM »

That is why you will be happy with the new dynamic skin run088 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
each user is different,

lot of users like the videos dual with title screen,
other users want only boxarts since they don't have space for videos
other wants dual videos with boxarts
others want big videos and big boxarts
others want only screenshots
etc...
etc...
etc...

You only want screenshots? eh, no problem, simply disable the video window sprite
you want only screenshots but sometimes a video for few games?all in the same window?ok, set the video size/position in the preview window

i really think we have find a great solution with madmab, rezx and you about this dynamic skin, it will solve a lot of problems, and the sprites render well better in hd.It would have been a PAIN for the skinner to release 20 differents versions with subtles differences of the same skin!what a confusion! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif) a lot of space saved for nothing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by gilles9999: Yesterday, 04:51 PM

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Sep 27 2008, 08:55 PM) *

p.s.: 1) is there a way to desactivate the flashings words in the main menu "adamx main menu beta dual preview 3b7"?impossible to set well this text; the main menu is looking crap
perheaps add an option in the texts settings "desactivate the flashing texts"?

ok.  I figured out how to disable this and added an option to "disable rainbow effect".  But that creates one other problem.  What color to use for the 1st (title) line.  There are two options.

1.  Use a set color.  It currently defaults to RGB value of 0xFF808080 which does not look very good.  I changed that to 0xffd860b0 for now.

2.  Allow the user to select the color.  If the color = 0 it rotates the color.  If not it uses the user selected color.

Here is the link for my 480 settings.  Really the only issue that seems to pop-up (from my messing with your beta's) is the font size always seems off.  So I adjusted those as needed.  I also moved the preview windows just a teeny bit on two of them.  Mostly because my TV's overscan area was eating into them.

http://rapidshare.de/files/40572831/dynami...ttings.rar.html

I also fixed a bug in the "select skin configuration used" that would lock the emu.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)  Rookie mistake.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 05:29:00 PM »

Well I tried that last publically released version of AdamX on my SAMBA set-up and didn't run into any issues.  So I'm not really sure what is going on.

The name I used is

smb://NameOfHostComputer/C/Install/Adam/adamgames/

So I'm not sure if that makes any difference.  I did not try it with an actual hard coded IP address.

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 07:25:00 PM »

When I get home I will test again.I had alot of stuff traveling threw my lines when the problem happened.I tried on 2 xboxes and the problem occurred on both.The next day I went back and tested it with relax to see if it happened when launching from there and I played coleco for a few hours and it never happened.What the issue could have been was I was downloading threw 2 locations streaming a movie from another updating the xbmc library on another and playing coleco from the last location.This has never caused an issue before with relax but it might be a little taxing for samba.I was just going to convert my roms from relax to samba so I didnt have to launch relax everytime I rebooted my computer.I will play around somemore with it and let you know if I come up with something that might help.I been playing adam alot lately so I could give you some feedback on the system the way it sits figured another set of eyes could possiblity see something that might have been missed.Only thing I have noticed so far is on some games the contrrols dont move to smooth.It is not so bad the games can not be played but it does hinder the gameplay a tad.
Pages: 1 [2]