xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: An Emulator Only Dashboard  (Read 205 times)

vernonjr

• Archived User
An Emulator Only Dashboard
« on: October 22, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »

I don't know how much of an interest there is in this, but I only use my xbox for emulators... Thats it, nothing else. Right now, I'm set up with XBMC and a rom launcher script, which is ok, but I would like one program that was aesthetically pleasing to launch all my roms. My question is, is it unreasonable for me to say I would like a combined Xport emulator? One that was capable of running roms of all the Xport emulators? I'm no programmer or for that matter Xbox expert, so excuse me if this is completely stupid. I just keep wishing there was a simple program that could launch all my roms.

Though I'm sure it would be dreaming big, I would love an Xport dashboard that was all the emulators in one, with ftp support, and then the ability to launch xbe's, just in case you wanted your dashboard for a couple of other little applications. What would be the concensus on something like this? Hate it, Love it, Like it?

hargle

• Archived User
An Emulator Only Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »

There are technical hurdles involved with combining all the emulators into 1 program-mainly the amount of memory that the executable itself would require, and the slow load time to put all of that code into memory.
Not all of the emulators are xport's either, so it would require a group effort to combine them all, another thing that's not going to happen, since some of the authors have disappeared completely.

You should stick with xbmc.  It's completely customizable, change the menus around and have it boot straight into your main emulator menu, throw some nice icons up on the screen and keep using the launcher to play individual games.  It's not going to get much better than that.  Oh yeah, it has FTP access too.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)