xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Adamx Current Discussion  (Read 498 times)

sotu

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »

Nice to hear you updated this emu.  I kinda gave up on it since it took around 10minutes for it to load any games for me.  Not sure if it's that slow for the rest of you.  Will give it another go and see if it's any faster.  Thanks!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »

Hey Madmab,

This was the next emu I was working on and tonight I found out that the outdated version I have doesn't even let you scroll through artwork.  I've got the boxart and cartscans for most of the games ready to go.  Unfortunately, the usual spot is down tonight it seems.  Oh well.... sounds like there will be an even newer one soon.  Looking forward to whatever you do.

Video previews on this one?  I got the videos....  cool.gif

~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 12:24:00 AM »

Although I am highly interested in adding previews it isn't really high on my list right now.  Mostly due to the amount of time it would take me to figure it out compared to the time I actually have to work on it.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Once summer is over and school is back in session my free time should increase.

Someone compiled all the emu's with the latest features, best I can tell.  Although some of them like adamx are running older code.  Depending on what it is.

madmab

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »

ok guys.  Here is an update.  This week was supposed to be overlay week but you'all got lucky and I was able to get video previews going.  Give all thanks to Nes6502 since I pretty much borrowed his modified SDK xmv playback code and changed it to work with x-port emu's.

Because of this, though.  I had to make numerous changes to the x-port interface.  Here is what they were.

Created a new configuration menu called "Screenshot/Movie Preview Configuration".  It now contains the new Movie Preview settings as well as all the screenshot related settings that USED to be in "General Settings".

The "Screenshot/Movie Preview Configuration" is as follows.
  • Show Screenshots?  No, Screenshots Only, Movies Only, Screenshots 1st- Then Movies, Movies 1st- Then Screenshots.
  • Play Sound From Movie?  Yes, No
  • Seconds before auto-advancing screenshot -
  • Auto-Screenshot Capture Delay -
  • Show Screenshots While Scrolling?  Yes, No
These were removed from the "General Settings Menu" and I shuffled around the "General Settings Menu" to better balance things.

You can set the movie/previews directory in the "Change Default Directories" section.  The default location is standard x-port emu format "E:\MOVIES\EMU_NAME".

The movie name has to be exactly the same as the ROM name.  Only one movie per game.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

All settings are saved in the emu_name.ini file.

I hope you all enjoy!

This post has been edited by madmab: Jul 30 2008, 07:34 PM

nes6502

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 30 2008, 08:08 PM) View Post

run088

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »

Madmab,
Any progress on streaming saves and screenshots?
Would be helpful with all the new features.
I dont like asking because it is something that suits MY individual needs and not something that a whole lot of people seem interested in just yet.
I have the resources to do the task but the learning curve on this stuff is very very slow.With no one helping me learn it sometimes I spend hours and learn very little but eventully the knowledge will come.

robot3

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »

Madmab,
  thanks for the info on using MESS for being able to play squishem sam with the talking effect. I have not tried it yet, but will within a few days and let you know if in fact the voice does play--

robot3

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »

madmab
   thanks again for the heads up with Mess. Squish'em Sam did indeed play with the voice, though the voice playing too fast (like the Chipmunks) it worked nonethelss

robot3

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »

I am probably reading your reply wrong, but do not forget that Intellivision and the Odyssey both had keyboard/pad function and overlays as well

madmab

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 03:58:00 AM »

Well once again I got distracted from working on the overlays.  In my quest to find a way to create Coleco video game music (which I have found btw) I discovered a sound engine that looks like it could be ported into Adamx.  laugh.gif  Well that and reading .atx disks in atarixlbox.

Why do that?  Why Interphase voice (Squish 'em Sam) of course!  The Adamx sound engine is pretty modular and the one I found is close enough.  Turns out I'll probably have to "wedge" it in to get it to work properly.  But I'm more concerned about making sure it'll work like I want it to than rewriting the whole thing.   blink.gif

Anyways if the stars happen to align correctly then maybe it'll work.  tongue.gif

robot3

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Aug 19 2008, 11:34 AM) View Post

Well once again I got distracted from working on the overlays.  In my quest to find a way to create Coleco video game music (which I have found btw) I discovered a sound engine that looks like it could be ported into Adamx.  laugh.gif  Well that and reading .atx disks in atarixlbox.

Why do that?  Why Interphase voice (Squish 'em Sam) of course!  The Adamx sound engine is pretty modular and the one I found is close enough.  Turns out I'll probably have to "wedge" it in to get it to work properly.  But I'm more concerned about making sure it'll work like I want it to than rewriting the whole thing.   blink.gif

Anyways if the stars happen to align correctly then maybe it'll work.  tongue.gif

WOOO! Fingers crossed  smile.gif

madmab

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »

Alright I think I have a pretty good idea how Squish'em Sam is supposed to sound.  In MESS you can actually hear what he is saying if you listen correctly.

The engine I'm using, howerver, just makes an annoying jingly sound.  Although he does make some sounds in Sewer Sam.  So I suppose that will have to do for now.

I'll look at the mess code again since it more than likely matches the new sound engine more closely so I may be able to figure something out.

robot3

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »

if you do not mind waiting till this weekend, I can fish out my original game and hookup the colecovision, record the audio and up it for you.

madmab

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 01:49:00 AM »

Well glancing at the mess sound driver code it seems easier to fit in than I thought.  I also realized that I had a variable in the meka engine set incorrectly.  So I'm gonna try changing that and see what happens.  Regardless the meka engine sounds alot better than the default adamx engine.

Only problem is it gets scratchy from time to time for no particular reason.  Going into the menu and coming back fixes it so I'm not sure why it gets out of wack like that.  (I must be requesting an odd number of buffer bytes periodically or something, who knows laugh.gif ).

Anyways I'm gonna try the mess engine and see how it does.  Oddly enough certain sections of the mess engine look remarkably like the ones in meka, but there are obvious differences as well.

robot3

• Archived User
Adamx Current Discussion
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 01:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Aug 23 2008, 09:25 AM) View Post

Only problem is it gets scratchy from time to time for no particular reason.  Going into the menu and coming back fixes it so I'm not sure why it gets out of wack like that.  (I must be requesting an odd number of buffer bytes periodically or something, who knows laugh.gif ).

oddly enough, that sounds very similar to the nasty audio bug that will occur most of the time on the beats of rage port (playing mods or original game). All versions including the most recent have this issue with the xbox. I know that is open source and still updated over at the lavalit.com forums. If you find a fix for the ADAMX edition, perhaps that can be brought over to BOR?

PS: did you still want me to record the Squishem Sam audio? If it helps I DO still remember the tone of how he sounded. I can always let you know if it is close or dead on. Let me know either way
Pages: 1 [2] 3