xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Roms On Smb Share Do Not Load On 3 Emulators  (Read 935 times)

BennyBou

• Archived User
Roms On Smb Share Do Not Load On 3 Emulators
« on: January 17, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »

Hello, I have trouble loading roms from a SMB share with the 3 following emulators:

-NeoGenesis v25
-XboyAdvance v24
-MednafenX-NES v15

I've acquired all ressurectionxtras packages for these emulators and put it on a read-only, no-login smb share on a dedicated linux machine. I've set up the emulators to connect to that share and select the corresponding root folder for the appropriate content.

In game selection menu I can see all my games, box cover and preview video loads. But if I press A or X on my controller, the screen  shift like it's going to load the game but then returns to the game selection screen.

I get the same result from those 3 emulators.

Other emulators like Snes9Xbox work perfectly fine. There may be others that have the same problem, I do not have all emulators from Madmab.

I downloaded the emulators from xbins and then from emuxtras' download section to be sure they were the latest version. Same results...

I tried wiping all config from E:/Saves and UDATA and reconfiguring all, same results...

I tried multiple ways of entering the smb share name (as stated in documentation, I also changed the name server to the IP of the smb server), same results everytime...

So I have come to the conclusion that those 3 emulators have issues loading roms from smb share.

Any one else had these issues?

For the record I have a 1.2 Xbox with duox2 chip running x2 4981.06 bios.

BennyBou

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »

Is there any chance they will get updated to address that specific issue?

If not, would it work to simply transfer the roms on the Xbox HDD and have all the extra on the SMB share? Would everything work?

Thanks

BennyBou

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »

also, on a side note, about PCSXBox v21 Redux and RessurectionXtras package. Whats are the required filenames of the cd-images to match with the corresponding movie/boxart/snapshot/etc.

I tried matching the cd image filenames with the ones corresponding to the movie (40 winks.cue, 40 Winks.bin and 40 Winks.xmv).

I tried changing the filenames to the serial number of the disc, with and without a "-" (SLUS-xxxxx.cue/bin and SLUSxxxxx.cue/bin).

None of them seems to work. The games loads and play fine. I'm also pretty sure I can access those extra files since I can browse them in the utility menu.

Thanks again.

BennyBou

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jan 19 2013, 01:49 AM) View Post

The Xtra names should match the rom/cue file names..

Check out this thread.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=745481

Got it to work for PSX. Turns out the media files had
not the permissions set to allow reading by the Samba user on my xbox.

Thanks!

intersin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jan 18 2013, 07:43 AM) *

Unfortunately those versions of the emulators do not handle samba shares very well. So you probably will not have much luck getting them to work.

I have the same problem. Will you update the SMB code on these emulators as well?

Anything new on this?

bsell1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »

there are updated versions of all of these that will work on an smb network, however, I am not sure if they are available publicly. If you can get hold of Madmab, he might give you copies of these updates.  I will try to get hold of him to see if these are available to share.

bsell1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »

intersin, if you PM me I have permission to email you the updated files.