xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Winstonx Atari St Emulator Port For Xbox V9  (Read 1202 times)

madmab

• Archived User
Winstonx Atari St Emulator Port For Xbox V9
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »

WinSTonX Atari ST Emulator port for XBox v9

http://xport.xbox-scene.com
goto http://www.ressurectionxtras.net/ for latest cheats, rumbles, synopsis and skin updates.

*** To Do For WinstonX ***

- Hopefully create some Xtra's based on the Gamebase ST.
- Possibly implement some preset controller definitions.
- WinstonX is a bit of a memory whore.  Sadly to fix this will require alot of work so it may be a while.  So hang in there!
- Chip music player?

*** Changes To WinstonX Core ***

* Auto unzip's Gamebase ST style "HARDISK.ZIP" files and autoboot them. (user must use TOS_104).
* Can now change region (NTSC/PAL). Defaults to PAL.
* Modified screen size to more accurately match the ST screen size (now screenshots look correct).
* Added a menu option to display what disks are loaded in drives 1 and 2.

* Given the full "Madmab Edition" treatment.
* New dual-preview skin to support Ressurection Xtra's.  Say thank you to Gilou9999 for the skin.
* "Auto Game Configurations (aka Configuration defaults)" added (see below description).

* Fixed a couple goofs that prevented loading ROMS over a samba share.
* "Move Selected to the Garbage Folder?" now has a new option.. "Never Move".  So "Yes" will ask before moving the selected file to the Garbage folder.  "No" will just move the file and "Never Move" won't move the file at all.

* New feature "Seconds before playing movie" determines how long the emu will wait before playing a movie.  The default is half a second.  This will help speed up rom browsing.  Especially useful for people streaming stuff (like movies) across the network.
* Pick -1 on "Seconds before playing movie" to set to 0 seconds.  0 will equal half a second..  1 one second, and so on.

* If streaming movies from across the network and the user press on the dpad or a, b, x or y the emulator will abort the transfer.  This should help speed up rom browsing and allow the user an "out" especially for the larger movies.

* User can now select which "cheat code database" they wan't to load since it seemed silly to mix the many AR and GG codes into one file for Snes9xbox.
* Select file function now has an option to not display directories.  First menu to use this is the cheat code database select screen.

* Pressing the back key while viewing a games synopsis will toggle between a fixed font and the skins proportional font.
* Fixed long standing bug of YesNo Menu pop-up graphic not centering properly.
* Fixed an issue with the software filters displaying garbage.
* Activated the "Keep user Within ROM Directory Tree?" which I somehow missed.
* Fixed up the box/cart art position on a few skins.
* Fixed a problem where setting the box/cart orientation was screwed up.
* Fixed the bug that screwed up Gilou's skin to begin with (too weird to explain).  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

* Fixed a long standing bug in the favorites system.  This one goes waaaaay back.
* Emulator should now work with 1.6 Xbox's super big thanks to FreakDave.  1.6 users let me know how this works for you.
* Fixed a problem where the media directory selected by the user replaced the wrong media directory.  Again.  Double Doi on me!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
* Fixed the problem where the wrong synopsis description was showing when selecting a game in the favorites menu.
* Fixed odd bug where the opening movie and movies played full screen in the media browser would not display properly at 1080i

------------------------------------------------------
New SAMBA code from XBMC (See readme for more details)
------------------------------------------------------

**** Carryovers from Atarixlbox ****

A gazillion changes carried over from Atarixlbox.  Read the Latest-Snes9x.txt file.

********************************************************************************
*** "Auto Game Configurations (aka Configuration defaults) for select emulators ***
 ********************************************************************************
In the "General settings" menu there will be a new option.

"Automatically Use Default Game Configuration - Yes/No"

If the user sets it to "Yes" it will bring up the game configuration screen and let the user define the default (if no default.stg and default.key file exists).

In the "Configuration" menu there will be a new option... "Set default game configuration"

The user can go in anytime thru the "Configuration" menu to change these "defaults" to something else if they wish.

Once set to "Automatically use Default Game Configuration" the user will not see the game configuration screen again unless they... a) press X when selecting a game. Change "Use Default Game Configuration" back to "No".

Keep in mind when it is set to "Yes" the game will use your "Default game settings" and not the normal x-port behavior. If set to "No" the emulator will behave like it usually does. Each emu is typically different. But all, at the very least carry the controller settings over.

This feature will only be added to emulators in which it is feasible to use.

Emu can be found in the usual places.

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

Thanks. No chance of updating to Hatari core? Hatari is based on WinSTon

sbpaabck

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »

excellent stuff, my atari mad friend will be pleased!

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexh @ Jul 2 2010, 06:26 PM) *

Thanks. No chance of updating to Hatari core? Hatari is based on WinSTon
That's in the plans.. especially since Hatari has a reduced memory option which will really help with the memory issues that WistonX has.  But it won't be anytime soon..  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  But I'll eventually get around to it.

sbpaabck

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »

Yo,

just realised you can now view a synopsis for atari games!

is this out yet? if so how do I set it up, have googled to no avail (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

cheers!

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »

Yes but no sysnopsis exists yet for WinstonX.  Hopefully we will create one whenever we get around to doing some Xtras.

sbpaabck

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »

cool, that really will be the cream on the pudding! often have no idea what those games are about!

nightfella

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 03:33:00 AM »

Hey madmab, first off..big thanks for all the updates to xports emulators. great work on these and it's very much appreciated.

now to my question. I have just started work on my own synopsis file for winstonx and noticed it works along the same lines as the Sega, Snes and Atari VCS emulators, where it checks and compares CRC's to match the rom/image/disk with the synopsis entry.

I was wondering, would it be possible to have winstonx's synopsis feature act some what like PCSBOX's where
it looks to match the game name only?

If there is some reason it is done this way (with CRC's) that we don't know about then thatÂ’s cool, it's just with the numerous scene/crack groups that released multiple versions of ST games back in the day, matching up all those CRC's could turn into a real nightmare, not to mention the hundreds of menu disks around. It's much easier to enter/match file names, than to find out the CRC of every individual disk and enter that in the synopsis.txt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Another slight drawback is, if you have a game with multiple disks and they are all in one zip file (very nice feature by the way) the synopsis system asks you to pick a disk before displaying, if it went solely on the game/zip name would this not be necessary?

I'll gladly share any synopsis file I create but will hold off doing it until I've heard your thoughts.

This is just a suggestion and like I said if there is a reason for using this method then that's cool.

I was just asking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Once again a Big Thank You for all your work.

This post has been edited by nightfella: Aug 9 2010, 10:45 AM

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

CRC's are really the best way to go because it is the only way to know 100% that an image is the right image.  You can put multiple CRC's for each entry (seperate with a comma).

I use a program called hash my files to get crc's.  Just unzip all your files into a directory somewhere and drag -n- drop this sucker on hash my files and it will give you the crc's for all your files.

It will even color code them so you can see if you have duplicates!

stainy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 03:06:00 AM »

First off!! fantastic emulator!  as are all the madmab ones (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I just can`t get this one going... always boots to the green/white desktop..

Not sure where the TOS images go.. I have TOS_100.img and TOS_102.img.. Do I need to rename them? if so.. where do I put them.

Thanks in advance!  

All the other emulators are fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I`ve worked those out...

I`m no idiot.. but I just cant work this one out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by stainy: Yesterday, 11:08 AM

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 11:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(stainy @ Oct 12 2010, 06:06 AM) *

First off!! fantastic emulator!  as are all the madmab ones (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I just can`t get this one going... always boots to the green/white desktop..

Not sure where the TOS images go.. I have TOS_100.img and TOS_102.img.. Do I need to rename them? if so.. where do I put them.

Thanks in advance!  

All the other emulators are fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I`ve worked those out...

I`m no idiot.. but I just cant work this one out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
For some reason this emu wants the TOS names to be..

TOS_A.ROM, TOS_B.ROM, or TOS_C.ROM.  Put them in the same directory as the emu.

Which TOS you name what doesn't matter.  Just make sure you keep track of which is which.. lol