xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Neogenesis For Xbox V25  (Read 1328 times)

madmab

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »

Weird..  I guess that would explain some of the odd reports I've seen.

DarthMingus

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »

Ya, bugs happen, its not huge though. I'm sure its something small in the code that was placed/misplaced.

What are the other odd reports you've gotten?

Cospefogo

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(XTecuterX73 @ May 1 2010, 07:37 PM) View Post

great work madmab! did you ever get to incorporate the soldiers of fortune vdp hack i sent you to correct the screen issues?
XT-

Hey XTecuterX73,

Remember me? Is this the "NeoGenesis cycles-something-hack" that
fixes the horrible Double Dragon 1 original malfunctions? If I remember
well you told me in the past that it did fix that Double Dragon 1 problems
on Sega Genesis.

I replied you by PM and never got a message back.
Can you "PM" me please?

I really would love to play this game
on a good playable state.

Regards,
Cospefogo.

madmab

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(DarthMingus @ Jun 4 2010, 08:56 AM) *

Ya, bugs happen, its not huge though. I'm sure its something small in the code that was placed/misplaced.

What are the other odd reports you've gotten?
People mentioning blurriness but yet I've never seen it happen.  Sounds like the way you are talking it may be some weird issue with PAL games?

I took a quick look at a certain potentiall problem section of the code and didn't see anything so I'll have to investigate it further.

DarthMingus

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »

Yes, the blurriness is the billinear (or trillinear) filtering being turned on, even if point is selected. You can get it to turn off by doing the following:

1. go to the menu and changing the setting to billinear and returning to your game
2. return to the menu again and change it back to point.

This will make it use point.

Hope this helps.

I noticed something a little odd last night. I was trying out different games and two had a weird issue. For both Buck Rodgers and Demolition Man, when they started up, their opening animation started in a loop and got 'stuck'.

For instance, in Demolition Man, there is a graphic vertically scrolling in the background and then the title appears over top of it. What happened was the background graphic kept scrolling (and music playing), but the logo never appeared. None of the controls (start, a, b, c) seem to do anything to start the game either. I just reloaded the game and everything seemed fine after that.

Same sort of thing happened with Buck Rodgers.

I don't think it was an issue with the roms, but maybe how they were launched? Anyway, I thought you should know. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks again

zorglub

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »

Sorry bumping.
But..  maybe it's related to some 32x issue and it's a lot of work for almost no reward but i'd love to play blackthorne on neogenesis, it was the same in earlier version, sometimes slower, the rest of the time about 2x what normal speed should be (depends of the animation displayed).
Is there any optimize settings that could fix it ? otherwise i'll console myself with the snes version.
However, thank you for all the work around the interface, much appreciated.

madmab

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

You could probably get away with bumping up the overclocking.  Read thru the readme.  X-port mentions in there that most 32x games you can bump one of the processors either up or down because it is not used much by the 32x.

zorglub

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Aug 4 2010, 05:51 AM) View Post

You could probably get away with bumping up the overclocking.  Read thru the readme.  X-port mentions in there that most 32x games you can bump one of the processors either up or down because it is not used much by the 32x.

Yeah, thanks a lot, messing with MSH 32X speed did the trick, not a constant framerate but playable at least.

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »

mabmab have you seen my offer on the table? id like to do some work with you!  biggrin.gif

XT-

korn_16_f_t_l

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »

ya this thread is old lol
but in the original post it says:

X-port for porting a great collection of emu's over to the xbox, releasing the source code

where may i find this source code x-port makes really awesome emulators that dont even compare to the ones in "modern home brew" i would love to see A LOT of the X-Port emus on things like the 360 and PS3 i dont even think there is any current genesis emu that sucesfully emulates the whole genesis machine (in my opinion this should also includes the 32X and sega cd add-ons as they were all part of the 1 console)

i may not know what im looking at as far as source code and what not but i would really love to have a copy of it to look at an try to port to the 360/PS3

Rage518

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »

ask madmab he should have access to the source code for the xport emulators for xbox since he's been making improvements to the emulators lately.

Master13

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »

check xbins its in the xbox apps emulators section under I think xport src

madmab

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »

Koitsu

• Archived User
Neogenesis For Xbox V25
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »

Is there anyway you could add ADX support for the Sega CD games? The mp3's play fine, of course, but they just stop and repeat; they don't loop properly, and it annoys the hell out of me. I know the original Sega CD plays the music tracks the same way...but it annoys the hell out of me.

With ADX support, the tracks in games like Shining Force CD and Dark Wizard could just loop seamlessly and I'd love it if that happened.

Just a thought. There's probably not a single other person here who'd make use out of it, but I'm a dreamer that way.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]