xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Of Documentation And Commercials  (Read 496 times)

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
Of Documentation And Commercials
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 02:25:00 AM »

I like all of those ideas, madmab smile.gif

I totally agree with the scrolling. Like in the synopsis, now, using the left/right triggers to scroll feels very comfortable and smooth.

Using triggers in a fighting game...?      Not so good. laugh.gif

Thanks man

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »

Hey madmab,

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but if I don't try it before going off to bed this morning I'll definately be checking it out tomorrow.  

Love the idea of using the two buttons to stretch the image.  That's a great idea.  I only had a few questions about the entire image viewing process.  

1) I was wondering how the buttons would work on images larger than the screen opposed to images the same size as the screen.  Is this right....... If the image is naturally bigger than the screen when you press the fit-to-screen button, it will size the image down and if the image is naturally smaller than the screen than it will stretch it to the screen.  And when the "natural image size" button is pressed than either document will revert to whatever size the emulator displays the images at their actual resolution.

2) There will be a way to zoom in and out of a picture manually, right?

3)  How will the document viewer handle files that don't easily fit in the same ratio as your screen like boxart and cartart?  Will there be a way to display graphics so that "full size" means that it stretches the image out as much as possible both ways, but stops and keeps the correct ratio when one of the "maximum boundary" limits are reached?

4) Default size for all images should be full-screen, don't ya think?

As for the triggers, I'm always about using them for documents.  I don't see any reason to take out the up/down ability though if it doesn't keep you from using those buttons for a better purpose.  I know the triggers are our preference, but maybe somebody else likes the up/down thing better, right?

Help screen = a most professional look.  Man.... people are going to be so blown away by all of this...

~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 03:08:00 AM »

Hmm now that I think about it option 2 would kinda conflict with the way screenshots and movie previews are currently handled.  Would it be better to go with option 1?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »

What were the options again?    laugh.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 06:34:00 AM »

I see what you're getting at. And I think you're right....

Drat..... Now I'm going to have to move all that stuff again.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »

Well......

I'm glad one of us knows what that all means.  laugh.gif

I won't have that NES synopsis ready to roll overnight, but I think a lot of that information will be easier to fill in towards the end when we've got a working sort feature.   When I made my own genre list for MAME that was a huge help.  Looking forward to seeing what you can do.

Off to work.   Lucky me.... I get to smoke outside tonight in -10 weather.  I sure feel healthier.... damn smoke nazis.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »

Hey look.....

Somebody here knows how to spell ressurection right  muhaha.gif

I love this solution madmab.  Glad we can work both into it.  

My only suggesion would be that we make the movies directory in the media folder as well (you knew I'd ask  laugh.gif ) and if it's not there, it will look in the other options we've already created.  

Actually.... I could just do that myself I suppose, since you can tell the emulators where to download.  The only problem would lie in the fact that when I put these full torrents together, you'd have to change them all back since they wouldn't work with your share.

Thoughts?

~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 06:19:00 AM »

I like it  cool.gif

A lot of that shouldn't be too hard to implement since it's just copying and pasting code from one place to another, right?

Scoobysnaxx

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Aug 18 2009, 06:59 AM) View Post

Here is a list of notes I made while fooling with some Xtra's on the you know what emulator..  tongue.gif

I like the sound of a "You know what" emulator biggrin.gif

Pages: 1 [2]