xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: The "game Synopsis" Option  (Read 2095 times)

Cospefogo

• Archived User
The "game Synopsis" Option
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Oct 11 2008, 04:31 PM) View Post

That's a cool bonus to the game synopsis.  I've tried my best to make all the names look great, but that would be cool too.

Hopefully we can just make "View gamefaq" an option right in the "in-game" menu which defaults at the directory "x-emu\gamefaqs" or "D:\gamefaqs" in the future.  It's a nice option and shouldn't be buried.

~Rx

I absolutely agree.
Sometimes I need to leave my game room, walk towards my work room, turn on the Mac,
open the browser, navigate do GameFaqs, search for the file, yadda yadda yadda.

And I go even far!

It could be wonderful to have a PY Script for XBMC where you can connect
to GameFaqs, make a search, grab the results and download the desired FAQS to
the HD of your XBOX. Completely wonderful.
Unfortunately I'm not able to build that.

Damn.

Regards,
Cospefogo.

PS. I always dream about cats. We have 6 felines in the apartment.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cospefogo @ Oct 12 2008, 01:23 PM) View Post

It could be wonderful to have a PY Script for XBMC where you can connect
to GameFaqs, make a search, grab the results and download the desired FAQS to
the HD of your XBOX. Completely wonderful.
Unfortunately I'm not able to build that.

It would be nice if somebody made a script like that on XBMC, but it would probably just break like the IMDB code did (I hate having icons for my old movies, but none for the newer ones since it broke)

The other problem is that if you wanted it to look good, you'd have to manually restructure the faq anyways, otherwise it's likely to go all over the page since it would be too wide to fit in the emulator nicely.

Somebody should take the time to figure out how many characters can be displayed per-line and what the best way to format columns for items/weapons lists, for example.  

This is something I may work on someday, but even though I love the idea, it's simply way down low on my queue.  Maybe someday....

~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 05:07:00 AM »

Hey giles... where did you get that gamesynopsis info from anyways?  I was thinking of working on one for atarixlbox.

I already added synopsis functionality to adamx, atarixlbox, a7800x, z26, and the medna series (lynx, nes, and TG16).

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »

1) Yo madmab,

For good databes and synopsis, i go here, choose your platform bottom of the page:(I copy/paste the most interesting lines)

Mobvy games

for the most obscure titles ,I go here:go to the menu on your left then click:
Collectors guide/classic guide/BONUS ITEM! Check out our ONLINE Database!

DIGITAL PRESS

2) I have tryed the new adamX beta, and when i click the right thumbstick in the gameselect screen (my rom have the .col extension) I didn't see the synopsis
I have put the colecovision synopsis.txt in the root of the emu (same folder of the default.xbe); i can't see where the problem is?

3) shit, there is a bug in the adamX dynamic skin "SDTV med preview-med boxart" minor (bad size/position of the boxart) but i will send you the new one. Wait till i update the dynamic ATARI7800/lynx/tg16 skins  wink.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Nov 13 2008, 03:54 PM) View Post

1) Yo madmab,

2) I have tryed the new adamX beta, and when i click the right thumbstick in the gameselect screen (my rom have the .col extension) I didn't see the synopsis I have put the colecovision synopsis.txt in the root of the emu (same folder of the default.xbe); i can't see where the problem is?

3) shit, there is a bug in the adamX dynamic skin "SDTV med preview-med boxart" minor (bad size/position of the boxart) but i will send you the new one. Wait till i update the dynamic ATARI7800/lynx/tg16 skins  wink.gif
1)  Thanks for the info.  I was also thinking maybe we can add to the synopsis some of the comments from RessX's database.

2) I just double checked to make sure it can handle unzipped files (I only tested on zipped) and it seems ok.  The version I sent you guys, though, does not work from the favorites screen.  tongue.gif  Try from the game select screen.  

The way it is supposed to work is if the game is not found it will say "No Synopsis Found".  If the file is missing it will say "No 'Synopsys.txt' Found".  Are you getting either of those errors?

3)  NP.  I think I did end up having to manually move that.  smile.gif

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2008, 06:44:00 AM »

No i don't get any of those errors, nothing appear when i click the right thumbstick on the gameselect screen
You have sent me the correct default.xbe beta?
I will try with differents roms to see
I just have to put the synopsis.txt in the root of the emu, nothing more? I don't have to activate an option somewhere?

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »

With the new beta you sent me, IT WORKS and... IT KICKS ASS!!! ohmy.gif  love.gif
What can i say?, Its like if i were in a colecovision museum, where i see the boxart, the video and the informations/synopsis for each game! And even i can see what the system itself looks like, YEAH BABY!

So when my friends come to my house, and i ask them if they remember the colecovision, they say they don't know exactly what it is, so i show them the new emu, and now, all is clear; They know what is a colecovision!
So for the future adamX users, wait a little until the release, download the ressurectionXtras, and enjoy like you haven't ever enjoyed playing the colecovision
Great work guys!

p.s.: just a little bad point (yes  tongue.gif )
the synopsis is centered vertically (wich is great)
but it isn't centered horizontally (wich is bad); anyway to center it horizontally?

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

Forgot about that little detail and I probably need to hard code this for now.  Go into the skin settings menu for "pop-up menu" and change the font size to either 18 or 19.  I think 19 was enough to "squeeze" the text in.  laugh.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »

l have to try that to "squeeze" my text in.  

Currently, no matter which setting I put it to it reads like this

2010 - The Graphic Action Game
Genre: Genre: Action > General
Release Data: 1984        US
Developer: Coleco
This is a game based on the movie, 2010: The Year We Mad  (d is halfway cut off)
Contact. You are an astronaut aboard the Discovery and ne (e is 4/5 cut off)
to repair its systems before it crashes into Jupiter's
moon, Io. Time is limited so do not dawdle or the Discover (r is halfway cut off)
will be destroyed.

Just wondering if you guys saw that problem.  Would suck if some people it works fine for off the bat and other people have problems if we don't document how to fix it.

~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

Yeah.  Right now it relies a little on the "pop-up" menu settings.  But I may just hard code all the important ones for now.  Currently only two settings are hard code.  The alignment and the maxtextwidth just to be safe.

I only left it in the state it is now until I get some feedback from you guys.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

I have completed the atari7800 games synopsis:

look at it madmab, but it shouldn't have lot of bugs
I worked with the atari 7800 TOSEC so, i'm sure to have all the crc of the differents versions of each game

Atari 7800 games synopsis

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »

Awesome work guys.  I can't wait to see a beta of the 7800 in the future!

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »

Good luck.  It's hard finding Adam anything... laugh.gif

Seems the machine doesn't have as large a following as the Colecovision did.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »

I went over the 7800 synopsis in a7800x and everything appears ok.  I think I'm gonna have to hard lock the font size and the spacing between lines.

For some strange reason when I was going over the CRC's there always seemed like on most of the games there was one CRC that I could not find a match for in my set.   blink.gif

Anyways I did go over them real quick with the sets that I do have.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 02:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Nov 27 2008, 08:57 PM) View Post

Anyone know where i can find "ADAM" games synopsis?
I found easilly colecovision synopsis, but for adam... nothing yet

Oh...
There is a "ADAM" ou there?
So this explains the emulator name.

I never heard about Adam before!
(Just heard about the Bible's Adam... And also the janitor in the
condo where I live, he calls Adam too.)

Ha ha.
Cospefogo.

PS. Ah, and the great Adam Warlock!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13