xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Didntxspectrum V1  (Read 739 times)

kimota2004

• Archived User
Didntxspectrum V1
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

XPort, thanks so much for v2! Didn't know it was about till I read this thread. With the tape sounds now working, this is without question the finest Spectrum emulator out there on any system! Perfection once again.

Cheers XPort! you've made us British Speccy fans and oldskool gamers alike very happy indeed.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by kimota2004: Aug 18 2007, 09:23 PM

zorglub

• Archived User
Didntxspectrum V1
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »

Never owned or seen a speccy in action but this awesome port make me time-warping. Thank you so much Xport  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

taonaut

• Archived User
Didntxspectrum V1
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »

yeah.. and don't forget to give THANKS to PAK21! ..without whom neither this port or - it's source - fuse - would exist at all. THANKS A LOT  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by taonaut: Aug 20 2007, 07:36 PM

bender1

• Archived User
Didntxspectrum V1
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

About the +3, +3a emulation, it seems that it doesn't accept .DSK files, only .TAP. Does anybody know if there's something wrong with Fuse?... and inherited to didnXspectrum perhaps

About the GPL thing pak21 is right. If he/anyone wants the source, the license should be respected, but pak21, knowing a bit about xport releases, I'm pretty sure the source will be published when it's pulished and ready. He is doing this winning nothing , just  people's 'thanks for the work' and their respect for a port that nobody else has done in many years. Isn't it the time for a perfect spectrum emulator? Come on, let him a little space to breathe please.

Thanks (a lot) to both for making this nice thing possible

(sorry for this engrish)

This post has been edited by bender1: Aug 21 2007, 08:38 PM

Antiriad

• Archived User
Didntxspectrum V1
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »

Cheers as ever, XPort (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) another quality 8bit machine nailed!

Paradox32

• Archived User
Didntxspectrum V1
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 01:44:00 AM »

@ Pak 21, Without the Xport port I wouldn't being playing this Spectrum emulator at all, cause I don't as a rule play any games on PC, surely the most important thing is that as many people as possible play this superb emulator and I think much respect goes to both yourself and Xport.
The source will get released in the fullness of time - relax dude and enjoy the fact that we're all praising your emulator.

kimota2004

• Archived User
Didntxspectrum V1
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »

After playing this emulator a little more I've ran into the same problems a few other epople are talking about. Namely the problems with the keyboard controls. It seems when you have the Joystick - Keyboard option enabled some of the keys on the keyboard don't work. This means some games arn;t playable with a kempston joystick, so you either have to use keys or try to use a sinclair joystick if the game allows it.

I'm not really sure why the Joystick-Keyboard option is there, or what it does, but it seems like theres 3 different options just for using a kempston joystick, why is it not just as simple as choosing what joystick you want to use and be done with it?

Has anyone else worked a way around this bug?
Pages: 1 [2]